Revelations

A little too late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hangeng had not been home for more than an hour or so before Jiang Kai dragged him out to look at houses for their new family. If she notices his depressed mood she didn’t let it show and instead she was enthusiastically talking to the real estate manager about all the possibilities in the house they were currently in. If Jiang Kai’s volume level was anything to judge by, she liked this house the best so far as she was talking rather loudly. Hangeng couldn’t care less as he stood by the window, looking out over what might be his future garden, his mind flying many kilometres away and circling around a certain feline male he knew. He heard nothing of what Jiang Kai and the real estate manager talked about before Jiang Kai came up behind him and hugged him from behind. He had to stop himself from pushing her away.

 

“Isn’t this wonderful, Hannie?” she sang and Hangeng cringed at the nickname. He pulled himself together though to answer her; what other choice did he have? He was caught in this situation and there was no way out. He had promised Heechul to be happy for the both of them, but he knew deep down that it would take a miracle if he was to fulfil that promise.

 

“Yes it is. And the garden is really nice,” he said and forced a smile as he turned around to face his future wife. He thought for a second that she must be really naïve given that she didn’t seem to notice his mood at all. He found it a bit strange that she had not asked any questions as to where he had been for so long or why he just disappeared, but he thought that maybe she was just too excited about the good news to think about it. The good news… Hangeng had never thought that the day he would be told that he was to be a father would be the worst day in his life. He despised everything about this situation but he knew that he would never leave his child like that. It wasn’t the child’s fault that it had been conceived at such an unfortunate time. He tried to tell himself that he would love the child unconditionally once it was born but he knew he probably wouldn’t. Not when it meant that he would be separated from Heechul forever. As Jiang Kai continued her tour around the house while chatting about this and that, Hangeng tried to think of why he ever proposed to her. His reasons for proposing back then seemed stupid now and he would give almost everything to take it back. When she came to him and said that this was the house she wanted, he decided to put his foot down. He told her that they were not signing anything right now.

 

“I don’t know, I think this house is really nice but I don’t think it is perfect. I want to keep looking so we find one that is absolutely perfect for us, dear,” he lied and Jiang Kai pouted only for a minute until it turned into a smile. She had him where she wanted, she thought, and he didn’t seem to mind. Sure, he had that faraway look in his eyes at times, but that would only be until the baby was born. Speaking of which she would have to figure out what to do very soon, she thought while frowning. She had lied when she told him that she was pregnant but she couldn’t bear the thought of losing him. She was scheduled for a doctor’s appointment in a few days, thanks to Hangeng and her own mother. She had lied to them all and she really hoped she would be able to convince the doctor to help her. She decided to make sure she would bring some money in case the doctor needed persuasion.

 

 

 

“Please, hyung,” Siwon said and looked directly into his eyes. Eeteuk felt his resolve melt away and could do nothing but nod. Siwon’s eyes lit up with happiness and disbelief as if he didn’t know whether or not to believe that Eeteuk actually agreed. “Are you sure, hyung?” he asked with a quivering voice and Eeteuk nodded once again. Siwon’s arms around his w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter