Breathe

An Emperor’s Heartache

The panicked erratic whimpers and distressed cries of the man he swore to protect, shatter Chanyeol's heart. Tonight should have been a night filled of rejoicing, at discovering the miracle they have been gifted, instead the mother of his child and the future Emperor was cruelly  and unjustly restrained by the palace guards!  Disgrace is not a an emotion he has had to experience before, the agony burning  in his heart that it be on the same night when he should be feeling nothing but jubilant is not lost on him.  Chanyeol gently cups one of Baekhyun's pale cheeks as he tightens his hold around his petite shaking frame in an desperation effort to calm the younger man, "breathe my beautiful little dove, breathe with me, I have you you both, this will never happen again I promise you that!" 

 

30 minutes later Chanyeol is relieved to finally see his precious dove start regulating his breathing, That relief is short lived when his delicate Queen's melodic voice quivers as he whispers, "my lord I truly am sorry  I didn't mean for my news to cause you harm!" Absolute devastation, ripples beneath his skin at the dejection he hears in Baekhyun's Voice, at his belief he caused his blackout! Chanyeol will not allow this perfect creature to believe he as fault,  or that he doesn't want what he hopes will be the first of many children. Knowing he has to act fast to prove himself to the beautiful angel in his arms, an angel who is still shivering. He gently lowers his own hand down and places it over the  petite hand clutching his silk clad abdomen, smiling at the gasp he hears. Continuing to prove himself, Chanyeol entwines his much bigger  fingers with his Queen's  slim pale delicate fingers.

 

"No, no my love you are not at fault, I have no excuse for scaring you like I did," Chanyeol vows when the time is right he will discuss what has been plaguing him, tonight is not that night! He will not alarm his husband further regarding the poison, not now there is too much at stake!  Needing to see Baekhyun's  beautiful turquoise eyes, Chanyeol turns Baekhyun's head gently with his free hand, lowering his own head he murmurs against those rose red lips, as he squeezes the dainty fingers he has encased " You are my miracle and this blessing  you carry my dove, will only know love, I swear it." Chanyeol can feel his shoulders release their tension at the small smile Baekhyun finally wears as he squeezes back against his fingers, the same time a shuffle behind them is heard. Chanyeol has much to say to the three men behind him, first he will ensure his dove is cared for, and no harm has come to the precious miracle he carries before addressing what has happened tonight. He will not tolerate his young Queen being handled so roughly in his own home,  especially now he bares the next Emperor!

 

The first duty he must complete before dealing with the palace guards, is too ensure Baekhyun is more comfortable. The sound of his melodious giggles, as he swiftly lifts him bridal style over to the couch is music to his ears.  The second he gently places his dove on the sofa, Yixing approaches him,  Chanyeol spots the soft cotton bandages and a trinket containing a familiar luminous pearl like cream, in the physicians arms. Chanyeol watches as the physician doesn't head straight to Baekhyun, instead Yixing holds them out to him whilst bowing, "its Arnica cream sire, for Baekhyun's wrists." Chanyeol nods at Yixing indicating he may step back, glad  to see Yixing instantly take a step back, Chanyeol nods his way thankful the physician understands that this is something he must do.

 

Approaching Baekhyun, ensuring his posture is relaxed and wearing a gentle expression so as not to startle his doc w further. Chanyeol moves closer to the younger man on the couch, gently one of his tear stained alabaster cheeks. He smiles at a whispered "my Lord, you don't need to do this" "I thought we agreed that you would drop honorifics little dove!" Chanyeol doesn't miss the discreet muffled, "we are not alone." Knowing now is not the time to address being called by his name, Chanyeol concentrates on the more pressing issue at hand, dressing those atrocious red welts developing on his Queens delicate wrists. "Oh my dove what have they done," he exclaims as he lifts a dainty wrist and places a kiss against the biggest bruise, those bruises will be painful cone morning. Surprised when Baekhyun responds "What they were trained to do, yes I know about the protocol! My lord it was my screams they distracted Suho from alerting Sehun, none of this is anyone's blame." 

 

Chanyeol turns to the man he entrusted to protect Baekhyun, Suho stands with blood dripping down his temple, Chanyeol can see the self-loathing he has mirrored in Suho eyes. Making sure he portrays just how glad Suho was outside, "you did well Captain, do not doubt your abilities, after all it takes great strength and courage to stand up against ones own comrades." Making an instant decision to amend that protocol he insisted upon before he was married man and soon to be father.  Chanyeol studies his young love, hating Baekhyun's red rimmed eyes its clear the stress of the night has taken a toll.  Taking the second wrist to repeat the process of wrapping the cream in place, marvelling at how after all their time together he still can't get over how petite the other half of his soul is. "Tell me my little dove, do you feel pain anywhere else," "Just Nauseous and throbbing in my wrists I promise." At the mention of nausea, Chanyeol turns and nods slightly to Yixing, who moves in and instantly starts fussing over his husband like a mother hen.