Miracle

An Emperor’s Heartache

Two weeks ago, Baekhyun POV

A strange nauseous feeling in the back of his throat, is the first thing that wakes Baekhyun the second as he opens his eyes, is that this is not his chambers!  Baekhyun smiles tenderly at the recognition of red drapes hanging around him  as his hands the crimson silk coverlet over him!  He is so happy to in Chanyeol's private bed chamber, turning  over to kiss his husband, the smile falls off his lips at realising he is alone and the bed is empty! Likely meaning he fell asleep after dinner, he had hoped the exhaustion of the day  would not hit him so hard! Slowly sitting up at the realisation he fell asleep on his husband after they have spent days apart due to commitments to the kingdom, Baekhyun cringes at his insensitivity, their first night together in day's  and he falls asleep! 

 

Knowing his husband, Baekhyun doubts Chanyeol slept, he knows his love probably watched him sleep,  before once again spending the night pouring over scrolls in his private library. Smiling at the image of his husband soft handsome face, Baekhyun can't help but fear he may of pushed his husband to his other safe haven his private library. It's the only room of the palace he  would dare not entre with out Chanyeol's exact permissions. Awake fully He stays sitting still as that familiar unwanted anxious feeling assaults his senses, trying desperately to swallow away the saliva in his mouth! Its been like this for the last 5 days each morning he has either been sick or felt dreadful! Suho has about it continuously, saying it'a case of lovesickness, as neither he or Chanyeol can bear to be parted for long, that or as Suho pointed it could mean his cycle! 

 

Baekhyun would have preferred to wake up beside the beautiful man who owns his whole heart and soul,  happy blushes form on his cheeks at  memories of what happened a week ago, that blush deepening as he recalls his husbands toned godlike physique, and the soft love making they participated in. Baekhyun knows he is lucky to have such a kind, patient and gentle lover, especially considering their 15 year and his inexperience in all things ual. Baekhyun made sure he confessed to Chanyeol,  when those first sparks of love and arousal ignited between them,  how he had no experience and didn't want to disappoint his king! Chanyeol eyes had darkened with what he now knows is love, lust and arousal, and promised they would take it slow. Baekhyun shivers,  each time they come together to make love its beautiful, both of them leaning what each other loves most. Chanyeol is endlessly patient with him, bought out of his  rather pleasant daydream by the arrival of his  personal guard and confidant. "Good Morning your grace, his majesty sends his apologies for not being here this morning."  Baekhyun tries to smile sleepily, sadly that nauseous feeling intensifies, swiftly rising to the back of his throat. Baekhyun moves as fast as he can, but not fast enough he knows he won't make the bathhouse!  He tries and fails, to hold his hands up-to to his face in an effort to stop being sick over the expensive silk coverlet. A swift  "Baekhyun here" is heard, mere seconds before he empties what little food he had the day before in to the porcelain wash basin Suho s underneath him. 

 

Baekkhyun hears, "thats the third time this week your grace, should I send for his majesty? Should I prepare your Hanok  for your cycle" at the same time a cotton rag and cup of water is handed to him. Desperately  shaking his head as he wipes his face, he knows Chanyeol has an important meeting with the council on defences to the border today. "No Please Suho!"  "You know my lord will want to keep me bound to my chamber, if he gets a hint of me being unwell."  Baekhyun doesn't want his beloved to leave such an important council meeting  just for him, over what's most likely a nervous and upset stomach. Baekhyun's eyes frost with tears and avoids the stern  face of Suho, they both know it not  the real reason  why he doesn't wish to alert  Chanyeol. Members of council who dislike him will be present, they certainly don't need any more reason to dislike him. "Alright Baekhyun, if I get reprimanded by either Sehun, Yixing or the Emperor, I'm going to say you swore me to secrecy." Baekhyun looks at Suho probably for the first time that morning a small smile on his face, grateful his guard understands his hesitation to alert the Emperor at the moment.  Finally feeling that nausea pass, he stands straight as a maid enters with a beautiful soft yellow robe " I do however recommend you discuss it with Yixing today, he may be able to teach you to make the appropriate tea. That pout won't work on me your grace, you tell him or I will."  Finally not feeling so nauseous, he smiles at Suho, as he is dressed in light chiffon. Feeling mischievous and knowing how Suho hates it, he responds with a "yes captain." Smiling at the desired effect when he hears "brat," in response, catching Suho's eyes both of them giggle, as Baekhyun prays to the heavens in thanks for Chanyeol rescuing him that awful day.

 

Baekhyun enters the area of the palace where Yixing's office is, severely delayed due to the return of that awful nausea! Nausea that caused the loss of breakfast, perhaps Suho has a point about his cycle!  It's not the traditional cycle that a lady has to go through monthly, his cycle causes pain sporadically only to indicate he is fertile. Wiping the tear from his eye at the memories of how his father sneered and recoiled from the discovery of his only son being able to bare children, it wasn't long until his father had killing his mother, and tried to sell him to a warlord!   It took being rescued by  a tall handsome man that he couldn't take his off,  a man who loves him so passionately and happily provides constant reassurance and patience for him not be terrified of this gift. "1000 apologies your grace, one of the guards had an accident in training and needed stiches,"  Baekhyun attempts to respond that it's no issue, when out of nowhere he is hit by an intense dizziness that causes him to sink to the bench to the side of the room. Concentrating on breathing deeply so he doesn't end up projectile vomiting across the floor. A minute passes when he feels a cool rag in his forehead raising his eyes he meets the concerned face of Yixing wearing a gentle smile. Embarrassed that he made such a spectacle of himself he goes to bow his head when Yoxing shakes his head "Baekhyun forgive me for saying this but you are, and I didn't know it was possible paler then normal, are you suffering with your cycle?" Unable to control the tears Baekhyun gently shakes his head before whispering " I don't think it's my cycle Yixing, I've been sick a couple of time these last few days, I think it's from anxiety do you have a tea recipe you can show me how to prepare?" 

 

Baekhyun watches as Yixing replaces the rag with his hand confused further when he asks "what time are you being sick?" "Mostly early morning, the first time I was sick I was awakened barely in time to make it to my wash bowl." Baekhyun can't help but be intrigued by the smile on Yixing's face as he gently lifts his much smaller wrist up and placing two fingers on his pulse point! Baekhyun's eyes widen perhaps the physician is on to something, "Yixing, what's wrong with me?" "May I be allowed to examine your abdomen to be completely sure your grace." Baekhyun nods before he laid back on the bench, Suho will even more now, especially if his hunch is right about cycles and anxiety. 

 

He can't help the hiss he releases, when Yixing's cool

hands make contact with his warm skin, "apologies for the coldness your grace." Baekhyun smiles at the older man leaving him to concentrate, as his eyes find focus on the low table to the side of the room, dried herbs already laid out for his lesson. Feeling the return of soft chiffon over him, Baekhyun feels instant relief at the biggest smile he has ever seen on Yixing's  face, and he has witnessed the man when Suho returns back from any mission outside the palace. "Your grace, when were you last intimate with his majesty?" Baekhyun can feel the heat rising on his cheeks at such a personal question, "Yixing!" He knows the physician needs to know as most likely working out if it's cycle related, he still doesn't like to admit that he and The Emperor partake in lovemaking most nights. "Do you recall coupling with the emperor, around 2 full moons ago?" All Baekhyun can do is shyly nod, as he experiences flash black of a particularly passionate encounter in his private courtyard. "My congratulations your Grace you are with child, The Emperors heir will be with us in about 7 full moons!" 

 

So I'm going to finish this here,  how cute was this chapter! 

 

My plan is for this story to be mainly in Chanyeol's POV with snippet chapters from Baekhyun's POV.