Alienated

The four of us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After four months, Moonbyul had adapted to her life in a way that the twins were her priority.

The young woman was constantly consulting a psychologist to make the kids’ trauma less strong.

The architect was terrible at cooking. So she hired a cook who specialized in nutrition.

Moonbyul felt bad for including a stranger in the house, but she was afraid of not feeding the children properly.

Meanwhile, the 27-year-old brunette would most of her time bathing, dressing, and entertaining the nephews.

After witnessing the boys crying over and over again for months while asking for their parents, the young woman lost weight and became depressed.

That was the first time in three months that the architect had briefly left the house to have a checkup.

Her shock was immense when she came back and there was a stranger sitting on the floor with the babies.

Getting into the living room, Moonbyul observed this brunette handing dozens of gifts to the boys.

When the woman heard her steps, she turned her head, and the architect forgot to breathe.

For a split second, Moonbyul thought she was seeing Yonghee smiling at her.

One of the twins pointed at the visitor and asked Moonbyul:

__ Mama?

__ No, Gi. This is your mama’s sister.

The black-haired young woman shook the architect’s hand with enthusiasm:

__ Oh, hi! You must be Byul. Nice to meet you! I’m Yongsun.

The brown-haired one said coldly and walked fast to prevent the other twin ate some hard candies:

__ Hi.

__ Kwan, baby. Give me this, please.

Yongsun commented:

__ It’s just a candy. I brought them some.

__ Boys, play with your toys for a minute. Your aunt Yongsun and I need to talk.__ Moonbyul grabbed the brunette by the arm and dragged her to the office.

The shorter one exclaimed while massaging the arm:

__ Ouuch! Are you insane?

__ No, you are! That candy is too hard for a 2-year-old. He could choke, you dumb!

Yongsun got angry:

__ I’m sorry. That didn’t occur to me... But you have no right to speak like that.

__ Of course I do! Those are children. They need adults’ protection. Not some reckless one coming here and risking their lives.

The other one affirmed:

__ My bad. Hey, I think we started with the wrong foot. But don’t mind me. Once I get my part, I’ll be out of the way.

Moonbyul’s voice became deeper and her eyes went darker:

__

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter