Into pieces

The four of us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Moonbyul, as her only brother used to call her since she was 6, was sitting in front of the lawyer with a face of confusion.

The 27-year-old architect had come from the funeral she held for both her sister-in-law and her brother.

The couple was returning from a romantic quick trip to the seashore when a drunk man slept on the wheel and hit their car.

Moon Byung-ho and Kim Yonghee got married 3 years before and their twin boys had just turned 2. 

Moonbyul adored her older brother and they were extremely attached, especially after their parents passed away.

They had an of 7 years. So Byung-ho was already graduated and making good money when his baby sister decided to have a serious profession too.

The graphic designer paid for Byul’s preparatory courses and helped her with lots of college expenses.

When the older brother met the stylist Kim Yonghee, he fell in love at first sight and asked Byul’s advice.

The girl admired the stylist’s character, and she supported the couple from day one.

Things escalated fast and the graphic designer proposed after 4 months.

Byul-Yi wanted to give them privacy and informed them she would move out. However, neither her brother nor Yonghee let the girl go far.

The stylist looked for an apartment for her sister-in-law in the same neighborhood, and the 3 of them used to spend many evenings together.

Yonghee was always mentioning her youngest sister, Yongsun, who had moved to the USA.

Moonbyul could see that the brunette adored her maknae and spoke about the girl with pride and tenderness.

Nonetheless, during the years that the architect spent time with her brother’s new family, they never got any Yongsun’s visit.

So, the brown-haired girl was extremely surprised when the lawyer read a paragraph of the couple’s will in which they had determined that both Yongsun and she would share the twins’ custody.

Although Moonbyul knew that Byung-ho and Yonghee had a good financial situation, the money left was way higher than she imagined. 

But the architect wasn’t interested in that part of the will.

She was panicking about the new reality of life.

One thing was being a fun aunt and visiting the kids to play and spoil them. Another thing was raising them.

Moonbyul questioned the lawyer, even though she was questioning the sister-in-law and the brother:

__ How can this Kim Yongsun share the boys’ custody with me if she lives on another continent? She doesn’t even know them.

Clearing his throat, the man explained:

__ My team is trying to contact Ms. Kim. Of course, nobody can force her to come to South Korea but she will need to if she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter