Secrets to Unfold

Between Spirits and Humanity

17 years ago

17 year old Eric Mun was just a regular high school student. He lived with his parents and two older sisters. He has a best friend who goes to school with him. They bonded over the fact that they both come from South Korea. For Eric, everything was at peace. That was until there were unusual earthquakes going on. As people were evacuating, Eric saw something flying in the sky. It looked like it was censored. Whatever it was, he knew that it meant bad news. He tried to find evacuation spots but they were all full. He sees his friend who also struggled to find somewhere to evacuate. They run across the city to get away from the mysterious thing but were caught by it. It took them to someplace that either of them know. The thing gave the two some kind of crystals. It said that they were spirit crystals and they can grant them special powers but they tried to resist them. The friend was able to resist the power of the crystal but Eric didn't. He was turned into a spirit and has no recollection of his humanity. He went back to earth and attacked the city. The friend wanted him back and found out that he had special powers of his own. So, he broke his crystal into little pieces and used them to seal Eric's unwanted powers. After sealing him, he decided to erase all memories of himself in order to protect him. He put a crystal shard in his locket that Eric gave him and entrusted it to his sisters.

 

In the present

They figured out what happened 17 years ago. The original spirit turned Eric into the spirit that destroyed their home and killed their parents. That means Eric killed his own parents. If he hears that, he would be devastated. Or even worse, if he does have spirit powers, inverse. The team has to keep it a secret from him. There's also one more thing. What happened to Eric's friend? Did he survive or is he the spirit hunter?

"What was his friend's name?" (Dongwan)

"Jung Pilkyo. He's Jinkyo's older brother." (Emily)

"And Eric doesn't remember him?" (Minwoo)

The sisters nodded. The need to find Pilkyo and keep him away from Eric. Just by mentioning him caused his powers to erupt. Best not let Eric see him.

"But Jinkyo's still on the loose. Who knows what he might do." (Junjin)

"We'll just have to keep him and Eric apart until we can resolve this." (Andy)

"Until then, we keep try to reason with him. Look!" (Joon)

Jinkyo was at the central city park. 

"Kherev!" He's in his spirit form.

"Quick Team S, go out. Elena, you too." (Joon)

"Yes, sir." (Team S, Elena)

 

They go to the park and see Jinkyo tearing up the place. 

"Jinkyo, stop!" (Elena)

"Oh... it's you noona. I want to stop but I can't." (Jinkyo)

"Why not?" (Elena)

"Until I find him!" (Jinkyo)

"And we won't let you!" (Dongwan)

"Chain!" (Andy)

"Ugh! Why are you stopping me?" (Jinkyo)

"Because of you, our friend regain spirit powers." (Junjin)

"Spirit powers? Then that means..." Jinkyo breaks free from Chain.

"No, Jinkyo. It's not that." (Elena)

"It is that. Where is he?!" (Jinkyo)

"We're not telling you." (Minwoo)

Then, Jinkyo flies away. The others were getting worried that he might do something to Eric.

"He musn't get to him." (Elena)

"And we'll make sure he won't." (Dongwan)

 

Meanwhile, Emily was at her own mission: looking for Pilkyo. She looked everywhere but ultimately ended up in the woods. There, her tracker started to pick up angel energy. She followed the trail and it led her to an abandoned castle. Then, she see someone going into the castle.

She sees, "Jinkyo?"

She follow whoever that is. Maybe he can lead her to Pilkyo. Once she went into the castle, she sneaked around to see what's in here. There were old vintage furniture, stained glass and even suits of armor. Then she see someone who she thinks is Jinkyo but actually she sees that it's the spirit hunter's angel. That means this is the spirit hunter's home. 

"Welcome back, Astral."

"Yes, master." (Astral)

"And I see you brought I visitor." He turns around to see Emily.

"Emily noona. Nice to see you again."

"It's been a long time Pilkyo." (Emily)

"I go by Shin Hyesung now. I abandoned that name 17 years ago. But you can still call me that." 

"Okay then. What are you doing here? And how did you survive the spirit attack." (Emily)

"I didn't. I only survived becoming a spirit but Eric didn't. I only saved him." (Hyesung)

"And you entrusted me and Elena with the locket. I'm sorry. We couldn't keep the promise." (Emily)

"That's all right. You tried your best." (Hyesung)

"Why have you been disguising yourself as the spirit hunter?" (Emily)

"I need to disguise myself because I knew that the original made spirits out of lots of people and I couldn't do it with my face exposed." (Hyesung)

"So you changed your name and your looks?" (Emily)

"My looks are only temporary. It's with the power of Astral." (Hyesung)

"Well, I'm going to need your help. Eric regained his powers." (Emily)

"I'm afraid I can't help you with that." (Hyesung)

"Why not?" (Emily)

"Because just mentioning me caused his powers to show. It's better for me to not show myself." (Hyesung)

"I understand. Let's have some tea the next time we meet." (Emily)

"Sounds good to me." (Hyesung)

 

Back at base, the team was getting tired of this. They can't reason with Jinkyo until he finds his brother. And even if he finds him, what is he going to do?

"Where Unnie?" (Elena)

"We sent her on her own mission." (Danny)

"I'm back." (Emily)

"Unnie. What did you do?" (Elena)

"I went to search for Pilkyo. I did find him but now he goes by Shin Hyesung. He told me he changed his name after saving Eric 17 years ago." (Emily)

"So, he's been hiding this whole time?" (Dongwan)

"Yes and no. He's been working as the spirit hunter." (Emily)

"Now what. Eric can't see him or his powers will go insane." (Andy)

"We'll just have to keep them separated until we can reason with Jinkyo." (Minwoo)

"That sounds like the only option we have but let's do it." (Junjin)

But Eric's been listening to everything. He knows his friend's name and he changed it. He knows that his friend's the one who saved him. He know that his friend's the spirit hunter. And his brother is looking for him and he will stop at nothing until he does. He needs to stop everything that's happening.


Kherev is Hebrew for sword or blade.