Undead

Between Spirits and Humanity

The alarm went off. There was another spirit attack.

"What is it this time?" (Joon)

"It's another spirit." (Kyesang) 

It was another lifeless spirit but it was different than with Minwoo.

"Looks like a zombie if anything." (Dongwan)

"He is. But somehow the original spirit has made a spirit out of him." (Taewoo)

The four went out to deal with the spirit. Minwoo and Dongwan had their spirit powers so they were equally matched. But the spirit was stronger.

"Ah! That's going to leave a mark." (Eric)

"Leave it to me." (Junjin)

Junjin managed to reach the spirit but the spirit stopped attacking once he got closer.

"What?" (Junjin)

"It can't be..." 

"Can't be what?" (Junjin)

The spirit ran away, leaving the four magicians puzzled.

 

Back at base, they figured out what that spirit was about.

"He's codename is Undead and his angel is Chain, a Melee Type." (Hoyoung)

"As in a melee weapon?" (Minwoo)

"Yes. A dangerous one in fact." (Danny)

"Be careful you four. We don't know what it wants." (Joon)

"But he didn't attack me when I got close to him." (Junjin)

"Maybe you had a connection with him during his life?" (Eric)

"If I recongnize his face, maybe that will help." Junjin said and went out to his normal job.

 

He went to Mythical Dance Studios and practiced dancing. He's been dancing since highschool. That's when he remember something about the Undead.

"That spirit was a different situation than with Minwoo hyung. What could he want? Do I know him?" (Junjin)

There was a knock on the door. "Is... Park... Junjin... here?" 

"Yes and you are?" (Junjin)

"I've been... looking for you." 

"For me?" (Junjin)

"Yes... Don't you... remember me?" 

Junjin paused for a second but soon realized who this is.

"Andy...?" (Junjin)

"Yes. I'm... alive Jin-ah." (Andy)

"But how? You were dead since 8 years ago." (Junjin)

"I did but most importantly, we're back together." Andy was about to hold Junjin's hand when suddenly...

"Halt! Spirit!" The spirit killers came.

"Not... you... again." (Andy)

"It's our duty to destroy all spirits. What do want from him?" (Killer 1)

"I was about to..." Before Andy could finish, the spirit killers attacked them.

"AH!" (Junjin)

"Jin-ah! Mavett!" Andy transforms into his spirit form and stood up to the spirit killers.

"So, you finally show yourself." (Killer 2)

"Andy..." (Junjin) Then the others show up.

"Mineginah! Maestro!" "Mesiutt! Reflect!" Minwoo and Dongwan summoned parts of their spirit forms and Angels.

"Now you have spirits on you're side?! Lost Child should be gone!" (Killer 3)

"Watch what you're saying!" (Minwoo)

"We're not spirits! We're spiritual humans" (Dongwan)

"And we won't go anywhere. Hey, where's Undead?" (Eric)

Undead escaped and just left Junjin behind. The spirit killers retreated and left Eric, Minwoo, Dongwan and Junjin on the scene.

 

"What was that about?" (Eric)

"And was Undead protecting you?" (Dongwan)

"Yes. And I recongnized him." (Junjin)

"Really? Who is he?" (Minwoo) Everyone listened to Junjin.

"He's name is Andy Lee. We were best friends." (Junjin)

"How and when did it happen?" (Joon)

"8 years ago, our college bullies tried to kill me on the rooptop of the school. Andy was covered in chains when he got up there. We got hit by the bullies and fell to the ground. I survived but Andy didn't. I remember on the day he died, he tried to confess his feelings for me. I was the one who should have died." Junjin said sadly. Then he started to cry.

They all felt bad for him. Not only did his best friend got killed, but he also turned into a spirit. A lifeless one at that.

"Don't worry, Junjin. We'll save him." Eric reassured him

"Thanks hyung." (Junjin)

 

The next day, they go out to find Andy. The trackers lead them to the woods. While they were looking, Junjin was caught by the original spirit.

"Junjin!" (Eric, Minwoo, Dongwan)

The original spirit almost turned him into one but was stopped by the spirit hunter. The original spirit disappears.

"It's you. The spirit hunter." (Dongwan)

"Yes. And your friends was almost turned into a spirit." (Spirit hunter)

"Is he okay?" (Minwoo)

"Yes, he's just unconscious." The spirit hunter put him down, put a crystal shard in his hand and flew off.

"What... What happened?" Junjin woke up.

"Junjin. You were almost turned into a spirit." (Eric)

"What?!" (Junjin)

"It's okay. You were saved." (Eric)

"By the same person who save Dongwan hyung?" (Junjin)

"Yes." (Eric)

Junjin then looked at his hand. He was carrying a crystal shard.

"That's the same crystal shard that I had to seal Minwoo." (Dongwan)

"Then, I can seal Andy?" (Junjin)

"Maybe. We'll find out soon enough. Look!" (Minwoo) They see the spirit killers.

"They must be following Andy." (Dongwan)

"Let's go Team S!" (Eric)

 

They were right. The spirit killers were chasing Andy and cornered him.

"Chain." Andy summoned his Angel. He attacked the spirit killers and they all started bleeding. Then, Team S appears on the scene.

"Andy, wait! Meakhe!" Junjin calls him and parts of his spirit form appear.

"Jinnie... You..." (Andy)

"I'm a spiritual human and I can help you." (Junjin)

"Help... Me...?" (Andy)

"Yes, Andy. I want to help you." (Junjin)

"Jinnie..." (Andy) Junjin managed to get close to him and used the crystal shard to seal him.

 

Back at base, Andy was in the infirmary, asleep for almost a week. Junjin was getting worried, thinking it might not have worked. Then, Andy finally woke up.

"Where am I." (Andy)

"Andy!" (Junjin)

"Jin-ah. I'm alive?" (Andy)

"Yes, Andy. You're alive. You're really alive." (Junjin)

"Jin-ah. I love you." (Andy)

"I love you too." (Junjin)

Now two pair of friends are reunited. After that, there were no more lifeless spirits. Things were made easier and Andy was promoted to be a member of Lost Child Team S. The five friends were happy for each other. But Eric had something in his mind. What happened 17 years ago and why did he join Lost Child?


Mavett, Mineginah, Mesiutt and Meakhe are Hebrew for death, melody, reality and mach respectively.