The Ghostly Spirit

Between Spirits and Humanity

The world was peace until 17 years ago. A spirit came down to Earth and caused destruction across the world. The last place it went was Seoul, South Korea. There was a protection group named Lost Child and they tried to fight back the spirit. As the spirit was attacking, it came upon two humans and decided to turn them into spirits as well. One of them was successfully turned into a spirit, the other wasn't. The one who didn't turn into a spirit did have some spirit powers. He used them to seal the one who turned into a spirit. The original spirit disappeared and the world was at peace again.

 

There were people who were angry and sad. They were angry because their cities are destroyed and sad because they lost the friends and families. Eric was one of them who felt both angry and sad. His hometown is destroyed and he lost his parents. A year later, he joined Lost Child but didn't tell his sisters. He wanted to protect those who couldn't protect themselves. And he wants revenge on the spirit who killed his parents. He says he's doing it for not just himself but for his sisters too.

 

It was another typical day at Lost Child's korean base. Eric, Dongwan and Junjin were sitting at the base cafeteria.

"So, another day of fighting spirits?" (Junjin)

"It might not happen." (Eric)

"You always say that and it keeps on happening." (Dongwan)

"But I have a feeling that everythings just going to be..." Eric couldn't finish his sentence because there was the alarm.

"'Okay' might not be the right word for now." (Dongwan) They quickly went to HQ.

"What's happening?" (Junjin)

"A spirit's attacking Seoul. Team S, go out!" (Joon)

"Yes, sir." (Eric, Dongwan, Junjin)

"Taewoo, search for the spirit's information." (Joon)

"Yes, right away sir." (Taewoo)

 

They go out and fight the spirit. But he was different than the spirits they usually encounter. He looked more ghostly.

"Careful. We don't know what he wants." (Danny)

The spirit starts attacking them but Dongwan doesn't seem to be getting hit.

"What's going on?" (Eric)

"I... don't know." (Dongwan)

"Look out!" (Junjin)

The spirit attacks them again. Again, only Dongwan doesn't get hit. The spirit leaves the scene and left the gang with a few questions.

 

"Why didn't Dongwan hyung get attacked?" (Junjin)

"I... don't know. Maybe it's..." (Dongwan)

"I have found his information." (Taewoo)

"What is it?" (Joon)

"I couldn't identify his real name but I found his codename. It's Muse. His Angel is Maestro, a baton." (Taewoo)

"A baton? Like the one they use for conducting an orchestra?" (Eric)

"Yes. But I don't understand why Dongwan hyung was not affected by the attacks." (Hoyoung)

"Well, maybe we can find out. He's back again." (Kyesang)

"Team S, go out!" (Joon)

"Yes, sir." (Eric, Dongwan, Junjin)

 

Muse attacks the city again but was stopped by Eric. The others come and attack but he doesn't seem to be affected by the attacks. Only Dongwan was able to reach to him and stop him.

"Stop it, NOW!" (Dongwan)

Muse stops and feels something from Dongwan. "It can't be."

"Can't be what?" (Dongwan) Just then, everything goes black.

 

Dongwan awakes from a nightmare. Or was it a nightmare?

"What just happened?" (Dongwan)

"Dongwan, you're awake." (Eric)

"What happened? Last thing I remember is being touched by Muse." (Dongwan)

"That... about that." (Junjin)

"What? What happened to me?" (Dongwan)

"Follow us." (Eric)

 

Dongwan follows them to HQ. Then Hoyoung shows him a video he recorded.

"Stop it, NOW!" (Dongwan)

"It can't be." (Muse)

"Can't be what?" (Dongwan)

Then Muse uses his abilities to make Dongwan talk by his command.

"Why did you join them?" (Muse)

"I joined Lost Child because I lost my lover 10 years ago. We met in highschool and went to the same major in university. I wanted to surprise him with a present and he wanted to surprpise me too. While we were calling each other, he was killed in the university music room. I wanted revenge on the one who killed him. But then I realized I needed to protect others too. Now I have a normal job as a singer and work as a magician at Lost Child." (Dongwan)

Muse opens his helmet visor and sees his face.

"You... you are..." (Muse)

Then Dongwan fell unconscious and falls from the sky. Eric and Junjin tries to catch him.

"Maestro, Lento!" Muse slows down Dongwan's speed of falling and catches him.

"Dongwan... It can't be..." (Muse) Then he goes away from him.

The video finishes. Dongwan was stunned at what he saw.

"Dongwan. Do you know him?" (Joon)

"I... do. He's... my lover. But he died 10 years ago." (Dongwan)

"He looks like a ghost." (Junjin)

"He's spirit age is 10 years." (Kyesang)

"10 years?" (Eric)

"I have a theory. As he died, the original spirit used his energy to make a lifeless spirit." (Taewoo)

"A lifeless spirit?" (Eric, Dongwan, Junjin)

"Yes. Unlike the usual spirits where they are alive, he's not alive." (Taewoo)

Dongwan hesitated for a minute. "I need to go out."

"You think he's going to be okay?" (Junjin)

"He has to. After all that happened." (Eric)

--------------------------

I added the g.o.d members as the men behind the desks. Joon is the commander, Danny is the vice-commander and Kyesang, Hoyoung and Taewoo are the monitors. Lost Child is a reference to Date A Live's Ratatoskr and the term 'magician' is referencing DEM's 'wizards'.