The Truth

Between Spirits and Humanity

Eric woke up and felt like he had a nightmare. He was a spirit and was tempted to destroy a city in the night. He knows that's not true but can't help but feel that the others are trying to keep this from him. He wants to know everything. Why is the original spirit creating spirits out of humans? If Minwoo and Andy became spirits when they were dead, maybe her lover can be a lifeless spirit.

"I need answers."

Then he remembers his angel's powers. He could use it to see what happened 17 years ago.

"It's worth a try."

But he has to do it where no one can see him.

 

He goes out to the outskirts of the city and testing his time powers. He sees that there are roman numerals on one of the sundials and summons one of the numeral's power.

"Aleph." He teleported from one place to the other.

Then he tries another numeral. "Het." Holographic duplicates appeared. They disappeared when he touched them.

"Bet." He sees into the past. 

"Gimmel." He sees the future.

"Dalet." It undid his physical injuries.

 

Meanwhile, the others didn't notice that he was gone. It was suspiciously quiet for the infirmary. When Emily came to see what Eric was doing, she sees that he's gone.

"Oh no! Eric's gone!" 

"What do you mean 'gone'!" (Elena)

"He's not here!" (Emily) There was a slight pause. "You don't think?"

"I do think." (Elena)

They run to tell Team S and Chilhyun about the situation.

"He's gone?!" (Dongwan)

"And we think he's gone to test his powers." (Emily)

"Then we have to stop him." (Joon)

"I found him. He's in the outskirts of the city." (Hoyoung)

"Let's go!" (Junjin)

Team S, Elena and Chilhyun went out to stop Eric but it was too late.

 

Now that Eric thinks he's got the basics down, it's time for the real test. He uses the other sundial and turns it counter-clockwise 17 times. He closed his eyes and when he opened them, he sees that he's in the past.

"Finally, I can stop it from ever happening. Zayin."

He used VII to be invisible so no one can see him. He looks for the original spirit but stumbles across a girl around his age. She was with someone who looked like he could be her boyfriend.

"What a nice couple." But then he sees the spirit killers. "What are they doing here?"

Then he sees the couple running away. The killers are following them. Then something struck him.

"It can't be. That girl's the original spirit?"

He tries to attack the spirit killers in order to protect the spirit and her lover. He succeed with some of them but there were too many. He was outnumbered. Then, one of the killers shot the man. The original spirit went berserk and started to attack the killers. Eric dodged her attacks to he won't get hit. After the spirit killers retreat, he follows the spirit and the man.

 

He follows them into an abandoned warehouse and sees that she's trying to heal her lover. Though the physical scars are healed, he didn't wake up. He had died. She was so distraught that she decided to do the unthinkable. She divided her power and decided to give them to him. Unfortunately, he couldn't receive them. So she then decided to give each part of her powers to humans and use them to bring him to life.

Eric couldn't believe what he's hearing. But then he remembered something. This was the day of the spirit attack. The day he and Hyesung got kidnapped. This was his chance to stop it from happening. He turned visible again and chased the original spirit.

"Hey! Stop right there!"

"What? What is this? How do you have the powers of a spirit?"

"That's what I'm here to prevent!"

He tries to attack her but she keeps dodging his attacks.

"I see. You're from the future. And you used your angel to come to this time period."

"SHUT... UP!"

"I can't. I need to do this for him. And I think I found just the one."

"What?" Suddenly Eric out.

 

Back in future, the others are still looking for Eric. They got to the outskirts of the city but there were no signs of him.

"I thought Hoyoung said he was here." (Minwoo)

"Spirit energy is detected but no spirit." (Andy)

"Uh... guys. Isn't that a spirit?" (Chilhyun)

They look up into the sky and see a dark shadow forming a silhouette of a person. 

"What is that?" (Junjin)

"It's an inverse! That's not good!" (Dongwan)

The inverse spirit attacks them and unknowingly tries to kill them. He doesn't mean any harm but he doesn't have any control of his powers either. They will have to find Eric later. Team S and Chilhyun summoned their spirit forms and try to fight the spirit. They tried to get closer but they couldn't. Then Junjin has an idea.

"Lehakheliq! Tissah!" He uses his angel to speed up his flying.

"Lento!" Minwoo slows down the spirit and "Presto!" speeds up him and the others.

And with that, they managed to get closer to the spirit but what they see is not what they expected.

"W... what?" (Andy)

"It can't be..." (Dongwan)

"This can't be real..." (Chilhyun)

"No... No... Please tell me this is not..." (Elena)