The Spirit's Goal

Between Spirits and Humanity

There was one thing that the gang have been wondering about. The spirit hunter. He says he seals spirits using crystal shards. They had a few questions. Like how does he know about sealing spirits? How did he survive becoming one? And if he is a spiritual human, what are his powers?

 

It was another typical day at the base. Team S were training for their next battle. There were no spirit attacks for the past few days and everyone thought that the spirit creating died out. That was until...

"Not again." (Dongwan)

"Well, it's better than nothing." (Eric)

The head to HQ and see that there's a wild spirit.

"What is he doing?" (Minwoo)

"Whatever he's doing, we're here to stop it." (Junjin)

"Be careful, boys." (Joon)

 

The head out to town square and see the wild spirit.

"The sword must be his angel." (Andy)

"It must be. Stop! We want to bring you to peace." (Eric)

"Not until I accomplish my goal."

"And that will be?" (Minwoo)

"Blade!" The spirit attacks them.

"Hey! We just want to help you!" (Dongwan)

"Help me with what?! Or are you just here to bother me?!"

He keeps attacking them and almost managed to defeat them. But the four of them used their spirit powers against him.

"Reflect!" Dongwan uses his angel to reflect the spirits attacks.

"AH! Why you..." Then he disappears.

"Where'd he go?" (Andy)

"He escaped." (Eric)

What they didn't know is that the spirit hunter was watching the entire thing.

"It can't be..." (Spirit hunter)

 

Back at HQ, the figure out who that was.

"I found his information. His codename is Musketeer and he's been a spirit for 16 years." (Hoyoung)

"16 years. That's a year after the original spirit's attack across the world." (Junjin)

"There was someone else at the scene." Kyesang shows the picture of the scene and they see the spirit hunter.

"What was he doing there?" (Minwoo)

"He probably was looking to see how to seal the spirit." (Eric)

"It is possible. Or it could be something else." (Danny)

"Track him down. He could be a clue to bring the wild spirit to peace." (Joon)

"Yes, sir." (Taewoo)

"Team S, search for the spirit hunter." (Joon)

"Yes, sir." (Team S)

 

Team S tried to search for the spirit hunter. The trackers led them to the woods but there was no sign of any spirit energy.

"Well, it looks like a dead end." (Andy)

As they were about to turn around, they see a person going through the woods.

"Maybe he can lead us to the spirit hunter." (Dongwan)

"Let's follow him." (Eric)

They follow the person but lost him through the dark parts of the woods.

"Where'd he go?" (Junjin)

Where did he go? As they wondered, the 'person' was watching them and left the scene.

 

The 'person' went to an abandoned castle where he and the spirit hunter live.

"Astral, did they follow you?" (Spirit hunter)

"Yes but I managed to lose them." The person was actually the hunter's angel shapeshifted into a human.

"Great because as you know, one of them shouldn't know about this." (Spirit hunter)

"Yes, master. I understand." (Astral)

 

Team S went back to HQ to figure out why their trackers didn't work. It's turns out that the trackers were picking up different energy waves.

"It wasn't a spirit that you were following. It was an angel." (Kyesang)

"But we followed a person through the woods." (Andy)

"That person you saw wasn't a person. I have a hunch that it's the hunter's angel." (Joon)

"Spirits can have humanoid angels?" (Minwoo)

"No but based on the information that we have, it's a shifter type. Meaning that it's a shapeshifter." (Danny)

"But why a human form? There must be a reason." (Eric) Then he starts to have a headache.

"Hyung. Are you okay?" (Junjin)

"Yeah. Just a little headache. That's all." (Eric)

"Are you sure. Maybe we should go to the imfirmary." (Dongwan)

"I'm fine. It's okay. Just need some fresh air." (Eric)

 

(From here is in Eric's Point of View)

Eric was on the top of the Lost Child base. Since the base was in an invisible airship, no one has been able to find them. Not even the spirit killers. He was thinking about what happened 17 years ago. From what he could remember, a spirit caused destruction in America and he lost his parents. He also remembers he had a friend who was caught in the attack but couldn't remember the rest.

"What happened back then?"

He really wanted to know. He lost his memories after getting attacked by the spirit and couldn't remember parts of his past. But he knows one thing. That spirit killed his parents and he wants revenge for himself and his sisters. He also want to avenge for everyone who died or lost their families in the spirit attack 17 years ago.

Then he sees a blurry image flying in the sky. His tracker is saying that it's a spirit. Not just any spirit. It was the original spirit. He quickly put on his battle gear and went to fight the original spirit. 

"Halt! In the name of Lost Child!"

"Well, well. What do we have here?" The spirit's voice was like someone who's been censored on the news.

"I, Eric, leader of Lost Child Battle Team S order you to surrender." 

"I can't do that."

"And why not? You've already caused enough damage. You made two of my friends into lifeless spirits and tried to make the other two into spirits. Because of you, the whole world almost got destroyed."

"I didn't mean to. I did it for a cause."

"For what cause?" 

"17 years ago, because of the spirit killers, I lost my lover. I can't resurrect the dead. So I tried to make spirits to honor his life." 

"What?"

"I hoped that one day I'd make a spirit to remember him by and I did."

"You did?"

"Yes but I didn't expect him to destroy everything. That spirit is..."

"Astral! Canon!" The spirit hunter appears.

"You again? I was trying to..."

"And I won't let you!" The hunter tries to attack the spirit but she keeps dodging his attacks.

"Well, there's next time."

The hunter gets closer to Eric. "Stay away from her. She's dangerous." 

Eric wondered what she was trying to tell him. Who was the spirit who nearly destroyed everything? And what did she mean by she didn't expect anything?


Who is the spirit hunter? And who is the spirit that almost destroyed the world?