Book 1 - Distant Healing

Welcome to Soothing Hill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5 (Final Chapter)

"Wow, it's 12, time flies."

"Is it? Wow, funny that I don't feel sleepy at all," Mina said.

"Mina-ssi, do you want to see the first light?"

"First light?"

Chayoung nods. And before she knew it, they were now in Chaeyoung's car, picking up some big, long hard case bag from the trunk, and Chaeyoung then led the way. They walked outside, passing the rice fields. Chaeyoung then trespassed a cramped road in between the rice fields.

Holding Mina's hand naturally as she also brings her equipment with her. Mina feels somehow safe when she goes everywhere with this girl. They stopped in the middle of the rice field. There's this space for the farmers to rest and open space. They're now surrounded by greenery, but they can't actually see it because it's dark outside. Chaeyoung then opened the rugged case bag. It's a telescope. A new telescope.

"I just bought it from amazon, it arrived just before I landed in South Korea, so I never used this one before," Said Chaeyoung while assembling the telescope. Mina decided to help with the tripod.

"Oh, you're good at this, Mina-ssi" Mina just smiled at her.

Chaeyoung finally put the tube above the tripod. It looks like a professional telescope. Chaeyoung opens up her phone and sees something from her apps and orbiting apps.

"Hope that we could see a moon from this. It would be a great first light then."

Chaeyoung then peeks through the eyepiece, adjusting the aperture.

For a minute, she adjusted the focus on seeing objects on her new telescope.

"Oh, oh there, I think it's the moon, Mina-ssi" Chaeyoung then backed off and let Mina see the thing.

She closed one eye and looked through the eyepiece.

Mina is smiling, "Congratulations, Chaeyoung, you got Venus as your first light?" Said Mina

"Venus? The planet Venus? How can you know?"

"The shape, the color, I am sure. The bright planet Venus has phases like the moon sometimes. People are often mistaken."

"What? Wow, really?" Chaeyoung is amazed.

"I took astronomy science as my minor, so I kinda know."

"Now I feel embarrassed. should've never bragged about bringing a telescope here" Chaeyoung is shy.

"Ya! It's nice to bring your telescope here. It's always a clear sky here," Mina said.

"I can't stop staring at Venus right now. It's beautiful, so beautiful," Chaeyoung said while retaking a look.

Chaeyoung steps back and lets Mina see it once again.

"It is indeed. Go, hurry up, open your apps and take a picture with it."

"Ah yes, sure."

Chaeyoung opens up her telescope app and captures her first light on her phone.

"Look, it's beautiful!" Chaeyoung shows it to Mina.

"It's been a long time since I took a look at a deep sky object straight from the telescope."

"So, how's your stay here, Mina-ssi?"

"It's pleasant. I am so happy here. Now I can't imagine going back to Seoul again even though I still have 3 weeks of holiday. I have no plans at all" Mina is smirking.

"How about you, Chaeyoung-ssi? Are you going to take one of those offers?"

"Well, I am still thinking about it. Jihyo's right. Settling down isn't my thing. But, I've been all over the place since I was in middle school. I never have a permanent home, though I have an apartment in Vermont and Seoul but it never felt like a home to me as I constantly moved around," Said Chaeyoung.

She moves to the little gazebo and sits there while looking up to the sky. Mina then joins her.

"I lived in the orphanage since I was born, or so they told me. Until middle school, when I got a science scholarship in the US, I moved to Minnesota and stayed there until I graduated high school, then moved to Vermont, and soon after that, I traveled worldwide for research. So I never settled in one place for so long. Maybe it's kinda nice to finally settle down and finally have a place called home. But I don't know. I am not even sure that I am ready for that. For the first time in my life, I actually have no plans."

"I am sorry to hear that" Mina doesn't feel good to ask about this thing after Chaeyoung explained that she's an orphan.

"What? That I am an orphan?" Chaeyoung laughed, "Don't be. Ever since I was a little, I received so much love from anyone else at my orphanage, even when they weren't paternal love. But that's okay with me. I even feel thankful to whoever my parents are that they gave me this brain," Chaeyoung said while pointing at her brain.

Mina laughs.

"I feel like I want to be like you someday. Always thankful for everything, laid back, and has this kind of personality that makes people stay around you. I am happy to meet you here, Chaeyoung-ssi."

"Me too. I am happy to see you here as well. Mina-ssi, the important thing about this life, is you gotta love yourself first before anything else," Chaeyoung said while looking at Mina, "Don't think too little of yourself just because someone left you. Hey, the world is still spinning, and please, you are Myoi Mina, CEO, and Founder of MJ Soft. You are a great person and smart and have the brain like no one else. You have to realize it first. You don't need the world. The world needs you. And............"

Before Chaeyoung even finished her sentence, she felt that Mina's lips landed on hers.

", I got carried away. I didn't mean to......." Mina backing off and start realizing her stupid bold action, but Chaeyoung doesn't let her finish her sentence, as well as she also brushin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter