Book 3 - Collective Conscience

Welcome to Soothing Hill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3 

All this time, Tzuyu tried her best to bury her feelings for Sana. Soon after graduation, her father grounded her when he found out about her relationship with Sana, his boss's daughter. Sana immediately took over the South Korean branch while Tzuyu stayed and worked in Osaka. Tzuyu cut off her contact with Sana completely, she wanted to respect her father's request. Tzuyu started her work in the company as a marketing team, in line with what she learned in the U.S. For almost 2 years she separated from Sana, left her hanging, and worked for the company. She did excel in her job.

Then all of a sudden, her parents died. Her parents took days off to have a holiday in the countryside but they fell into an accident. Tzuyu felt a little lost, she even shut down everyone who tried to comfort her. She just deep diving into her work even more. At the same time, she heard a rumor that Sana failed to lead the South Korean branch. She went to rebel, rarely showed up in the office, went to parties almost every night, insulted and abused her power over her employees, and made her Dad mad at her. 2 years after Tzuyu left Sana, everything went awry. Tzuyu knew that Sana was a kindhearted girl, Sana talked about how she didn't want to be an heiress just like what TV portrayed, she would do her best to build the company even when this wasn't her passion. Her goal is always to work like crazy at a young age so that she can have an early retirement to follow her passion. The way Tzuyu acted like this and treated others like this wasn't Sana at all. Tzuyu then met with her Dad and asked him to put her as her secretary. She promised that she'd make sure that Sana did her job properly.

Upon arriving in South Korea, of course, Sana refused to work with Tzuyu. Tzuyu is the reason why Sana acted this way. But Tzuyu just didn't care, she made Sana come to her senses and took care of her company. Tzuyu helped a lot but her expertise as well, she wasn't just a mere secretary to Sana, she helped Sana a lot until Sana finally accepted the fact that her best friend, her ex-lover, is now someone who worked for her. All those years Sana tried to bury all her feelings and focus on doing her job, actually Sana and Tzuyu made a better team and both were respected in the office and with the stakeholders.

Tzuyu woke up to her ringtone, little did she know that she was drunk and slept so late last night. Tzuyu checked the time first before picking up the phone. It's 1 PM. She woke up too late.

'Hello?"

"Hello, Tzuyu-ssi, it's me Jihyo"

"Oh Jihyo-ssi"

"Can you come to the hospital, it's near the ferry terminal"

"Oh, why?"

"Sana was found unconscious at Jiri Beach, they took her to the hospital"

Tzuyu instantly woke up and grabbed her jacket and car key, "I'll be there"

She washed up her face first then off to the hospital immediately. Tzuyu drove fast, she was so worried. She parked her car, and Jihyo was already waiting for her outside.

"What happened, was it her gerd?" Tzuyu asked while entering the hospital

"Yes, plus the doctor said it's overheating and dehydration. She disappeared early in the morning, I woke up at 6 and she wasn't there. She's okay tho, she just needed to empty the IV" Jihyo explained.

'Here. Tzuyu-ssi" Jihyo then opened the curtain.

Sana wasn't sleeping yet, seeing Tzuyu she looked away and tilted her body position.

"I'll be outside," Jihyo said.

"Thanks, Jihyo"

Jihyo closed the curtain again.

"Go away, I don't need your pity," Sana said.

Tzuyu looked at her, Sana was given IV fluid on her right hand. Tzuyu sat on the chair beside her.

Tzuyu tried to grab Sana's left hand. Sana tried to get loose of it but she didn't have the strength. Tzuyu clenched his fists and put her forehead on Sana's hand, drowning her face.

Sana knew that Tzuyu cried. Badly. She shed some tears but immediately pushed it away.

"I am so sorry Sana, don't push me away, please. I'm scared, I can't live without you"

Tzuyu gave up, Tzuyu knew that she tried to be okay the past years but she wasn't. She broke down into tears and couldn't stop it.

Sana let her be, it was the first time in years that Tzuyu finally showed her vulnerability.

"So, Sana-ssi, you have to eat properly, avoid stress and drink plenty of water. People came here to relax, we rarely seen treated gerd over stress like this, you must have been so tense the past days" The doctor explained.

"You can go home, but make sure you have a proper rest and don't forget to take your medicine" the doctor continued.

Sana didn't answer, indeed she was under a lot of stress lately.

"Okay doc, I will make sure that she takes the medicine. Thanks a lot, doc!"

Stressed. Tzuyu realized that she might be the reason behind Sana's stress.

"Let's go" Tzuyu trie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter