Book 2 - Dark Night of the Soul

Welcome to Soothing Hill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

Momo wakes up around 9 and finds that Dahyun is already gone. Maybe she took a bath or something, Momo thought. She snuggles on the bed and opens up the window. It's nice to hear the bird chirping outside. Something she won't get in the big city. The sky is also clear and the air is somehow different. These are the perks of waking up close to nature. Can't even believe that Momo is actually enjoying staying at this place. The vibes are actually not bad for Momo.

"Oh you're awake now"

Dahyun then greeted her in the kitchen. She's already up with her sweaty clothes and sitting on the dining table waiting for breakfast.

"Yoga? You did Yoga in the morning, Dahyun-ah?"

"Hmm. Jihyo-ssi is a good instructor"

"Really? You?" Momo still can't believe it.

"Why why? Jihyo joined the conversation.

Momo chuckled, "She didn't even exercise even when I dragged her out. She just wanted to sleep. She NEVER exercises" Momo explained to Jihyo.

"Well I like Yoga, I need to stay in shape you know?"

"You? After all this time? Huh, can't believe" Momo then sat on the floor near the window door while waiting for her breakfast as well.

"It's peaceful here, isn't it?" Dahyun said.

"It's strange to not have honking sounds or people rushing here. Strange, but good strange"

Momo just stared outside, the uphill view was amazing.

"Momo-ssi, do you want kimchi toast or kimchi fried rice?" Jihyo shouted from the kitchen

"Fried rice please"

"Okay"

Dahyun starts her breakfast first. She asked Jihyo to make kimchi toast.

"Momo-ssi, let's eat" Jihyo then called her out from the daydreaming. Momo runs to the dining table, she's starving.

"Wow, doenjang jjigae as well. Thank you for the food, Jihyo-ssi!"

"Yes, no problem!"

Momo always eats with gusto at any time.

"Wow, this kimchi is so fresh, Jihyo-ssi!"

"Yes, I made it myself"

"Nice!"

Dahyun could only laugh, something has never changed with Momo. Whenever there is good food, she'll be happy.

"What are you guys going to do today?"

"We will go walking through Seopyeonje, maybe taking courses 1 till 4 until we reach Beombawi. Then maybe see the sun setting down on Cheongsong. How does that sound?" Dahyun asked Jihyo.

"Nice. Ah, near Seopyeonje you'll find a local restaurant called Jaeduk Sikdang, I recommend you grab your lunch there. They served very fresh seafood. And also, when you go to Cheongsong beach, please bring the picnic kit, I will lend it to you. So you could enjoy the sunset better"

"Thanks, Jihyo-ssi"

At 10:30 they left for Seopyeonje by car and parked there. They start walking the famous slow trails off to Beombawi. The course is famous as the Seopyeonje shooting site. Seopyeonje is a 1993 South Korean musical drama film directed by Im Kwon-taek. It tells the story of a family of traditional Korean pansori singers trying to make a living in the modern world. The road is filled with Canola flowers, it's all yellow and it's beautiful. Near Seopyeonje filming site, there's also the Spring Waltz filming site. Yes, those beautiful scenes are shot here. Dahyun and Momo took so many pictures in this place. Though it's tiring to walk along the road, the island rests calmly on the picturesque sea and has countless charms, such as stone walls and terraced rice paddies, it was worth every step they took.

"Okay this is so freaking tiring, but the view makes me wanna keep going" Said Momo in panting.

"A little bit more, Momo-ya, we will arrive at our destination! We will be taking lots of pictures at Beombawi and going back for our seafood!" Dahyun cheered her up, once again with food.

Finally, they arrive at Beombawi. Beombawi has the highest point, so they could enjoy the entire island from the top. It was beautiful just to be there and breathing the fresh air. Beombawi is sort of like a famous place here in Cheongsando. People went there just to feel the cool sea breeze and often take a rest there after a long walk. It's a great place.

Momo and Dahyun then walk back to Seopyeonje and finally reach the destination Momo has been looking for. Seafood place. Momo said to Dahyun that the island trip would never exist if they're not going to touch seafood. Momo and Dahyun eat at the restaurant from Jihyo's recommendation. It serves all kinds of fresh seafood. They will have a seafood late lunch party. Momo ordered clams, rockfish stew, prawns, octopus, and halibut sashimi as well. It's a feast for both.

"Momo-ya, I haven't asked you, how's your Dad?"

"I don't know about him. Ever since he got married again, I have kept my distance. But I bet he's happy now with his fourth marriage"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter