Book 2 - Dark Night of the Soul

Welcome to Soothing Hill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

"Hello! Welcome to Soothing Hill! You must be Kim Dahyun"

"Hello, Ms. Park, I am Dahyun and this is my best friend, Momo"

Momo then bowed a little bit to the inn's owner.

Jihyo then takes them to the house.

"You came just in time. The other guests were just leaving and I am just changing the bedding for you. You guys just wanted to take one room, right?" Jihyo made sure.

"Yes, it's been 3 years since the last time I've met my best friend, we're sure we want to spend the time together!" Momo said while embracing Dahyun.

"Okay then, let me take you to your room"

Jihyo also helped them with their luggage.

"It's easy to find my house, right?"

"Kind of, we asked people around and everyone knows you, so yeah it's easy," Momo said.

"Yeah, here everyone knows everyone. So this is your room!"

Dahyun and Momo are amazed by how neat the room is, quite spacious for the two of them with traditional tatami style but still has other facilities like any other inn.

"The bedding is on the shelf, I already prepared it for you two. Breakfast is from 6 till 10 am. If you wish to have lunch and dinner, please tell me, I will certainly cook for you. If you are interested in yoga, I always do it at 7. If you guys want to join, just join me. You can use all the facilities here just like at your home, but please tone down your voice a little bit after 9 pm. If you have any questions just tell me, okay?"

"Okay, thank you so much Jihyo-ssi"

"Yeah no problem"

Jihyo then closes the door for them.

"As a hotel concierge manager, I say this is.........decent for lodging on a small island. It has good facilities as well. And they served breakfast, lunch, and dinner too? Cool"

"Phew thank God"

"Why why why?" Momo asked.

"Well, you're always complaining about hotel service everywhere we go because you're a hotelier, of course. And you work for the best hotel in Busan, nothing can compare with that"

"My bad......"

Both then pull up their luggage and open it.

Momo laughed by herself.

"Why?" Dahyun asked.

"It feels like dejavu to me. Remember when the first time we visited Seoul, you insisted that we stayed at the hanok style home as well in Bukchon. We were so eager to do the budget traveling, but the inn turned out to be creepy and we cannot sleep there. And you get scared easily. In the end, we stayed in the Lotte Hotel"

"YA! That won't happen again. I am not scaredy-cat now, I am braver"

"Of course we won't this time, there are no other places on this island. I hope this island isn't haunted, Dahyun-ah, HIIIIIIIIIII" Momo tried to scare her.

"YA!" Dahyun tried to hit Momo with her clothes. "I even checked on the review if this place is scary or not, you know. And people said all the good things" Dahyun tried to calm herself.

"Agree, the place is lovely and nice"

"Whoa, Hilton Busan manager is acknowledging a small inn in the small island"

"YA!" Momo hit her back with her clothes.

Both laughing again.

"So what are we gonna do?" Momo asked.

"It's up to you, do you want to go to the beach again, or do you want to take things easy, since you were driving along the way here?"

"I think I want to take things easy"

"Okay then, there's a stone wall path nearby we could check it, and there's a cafe there, it has a good review, let's grab some light bites there. For dinner let's just eat here. People said that Jihyo is a very good cook"

"Okay. What's for tomorrow then?"

"We're gonna do a long walk. Cheongsando is famous for their slow walking trails and we could visit Sinheung beach after that?"

"How much walking are we talking about?"

"You won't get tired, I promise"

"Okay, since it's been 3 years seeing you, I will reduce my nag with you, Dahyun-ah"

"That's good. Yes, you should do that"

They then change their comfortable clothes and are ready to go to the places nearby.

"Jihyo-ssi, what's for dinner today?"

"Well I am thinking about Tteokgalbi and Yukhoe, do you want to eat here for dinner?"

"Whoa, I like Yukhoe," Momo said.

"Okay then! Dinner starts at 7. If you wish to visit some places on the island, most of the cafes and stores close by 6"

"We're just going to see something nearby actually. Ah, and by the way, this wine will suit Tteokgalbi and Yukhoe. We can drink together while dinner"

"Oh nice, I like Cabernet. Thank you"

"Okay, we're off. Bye, see you at the dinner"

"Yes, bye-bye!" Jihyo waves their hand at them. Jihyo is also off to the market to buy groceries for dinner.

Momo and Dahyun are walking to their destination to the Sanseo-ri stone wall path.

"This stone wall path reminds me of Jeju-do a lot" Momo opened up the conversation.

"Yes, I feel the same way"

"So what's the deal with this island? I know you're not a big fan of going on a trip like this Dahyun-ah"

"I've been seeing lots of places to go for holiday actually because finally, I got the time off. Even for just 3 days. I want to go to a place where I have never been before and I want to have some rest. That's it. Then I saw an ad from Instagram. It's Soothing Hill. I mean, the name said it all right? It's on the hill and it's soothing. But it's located on this island. I hate ferries, you know that"

"Yeah I know"

"But it only took 1 hour from Wando, I can bear it. And I think this is worth my time. I read all the reviews, and they were all good. People were coming here to slow things down and heal. So, I decided to come to this place"

"Are you wounded then that you need to be healed?"

"It's not like that," Dahyun laughs.

They arrive at the cafe. It has nice surroundings. Located on the uphill where on the outdoor area you could see a nice sea view.

Momo ordered a brownie and new york cheesecake for both, on the drink Dahyun ordered jasmine ice tea and Momo with her latte.

"Oh my God, the brownie is so good. Dahyun tried it!" Momo said and fed Dahyun.

"Oh my, this is so good. The cheesecake is also good. Have some Momo-ya"

Both are happy over small

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter