Book 2 - Dark Night of the Soul

Welcome to Soothing Hill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

They're outside staring at the stars with a beer in their hands.

"Whoa, it's a good place," Momo said.

"You said it multiple times now, Momo-ya"

"Good ambiance, good place, and good friend. Once the holiday is over, we're both busy again. It's good to have a break, Dahyun-ah"

"Yes, you're right"

Momo then rotated her chair, closed her eyes, and just enjoyed her perfect ambiance.

"Ya, just said it"

Dahyun is startled, "Hem, what?"

"I know that you wanted to tell me something since we landed here, just said it. You've been like that since yesterday"

"I've been like what?"

"Fidgeting. I saw it Dahyun-ah"

Dahyun chuckles to herself.

"You know me too well, Momo-ya," said Dahyun nervously.

Dahyun then took a deep breath, she bit her lips, didn't even sure how to say it first, but she needed to. This was the main reason she brought Momo to this place.

"Momo-ya" Dahyun wakes Momo from her daydreaming. Momo turns to the table again and now faces Dahyun. Dahyun is handing Momo a decorated envelope.

"What is it Dahyun-ah?"

"Just open it" Dahyun turns her face into a serious mode.

Momo laughed and opened the envelope. There's another decorated folded paper inside. Momo slowly pulled the paper inside.

"Wedding invitation?"

Dahyun bent her face down.

"You're getting married?" Momo keeps asking questions but Dahyun isn't answering.

Momo then opened the folded paper and all of sudden she then stood up while reading the paper.

"Yeo Hoonmin? Is it just a coincidence or?" Momo then looks at Dahyun who is stills hiding her face from her.

"No, it's Hoonmin. It's him, Momo-ya"

"What???" Momo changed her tone, she's mad. Definitely.

"Dahyun-ah, what is this? You're gonna marry Yeo Hoonmin, for real?"

Dahyun scratched her hair.

"I love him, Momo-ya" Dahyun finally looked at Momo in her teary eyes.

"What the actual !"

"He's not someone you knew from high school, Momo-ya. He's not like that at all. We were all wrong"

"Dahyun-an, you're smart and you're a genius. What are you even doing with this trash guy? How did you even meet him in the first place?"

"He's also a prosecutor in Jeonju district. But we met again in Seoul when we were trying to take the bar exam. He went to law school in Seoul upon graduation. I hated him of course at first, knowing what he did to you. But he had a reason Momo-ya, something that we didn't even know about"

"Bull" Momo gave Dahyun a little bit of a shout.

"Momo-ya, please............ He could explain everything to you"

"Dahyun-ah, did you forget what he did to me? Did you all of a sudden lose your memories? Or maybe you just didn't care about me anymore, right?"

"You know that it isn't true"

"Then you know as well how I really despised him for what he did to me!"

"Momo-ya........."

"Do I have to remind you that he broke my heart, humiliated me, and used me as a bet with his stupid friends when I fell in love with him too deep? Did you remember that?"

Dahyun started to shed tears.

"Did you also remember that I almost took my life because of that, Dahyun-ah?" Momo also shed tears.

", I really wanted to forget everything. I already did but then you woke something inside me again" Momo continued. 

"I remember everything, that's why I feel like a right now"

"Then why are you doing this to me, are we even friends at this point? Did you expect me to be there on your wedding day with Hoonmin? Oh no Dahyun-an, I'd rather die than seeing him again"

"Momo-ya, don't say that"

"Why are you doing this to me, Dahyun-ah? I should sense something fishy when you want to take on a trip with me, after all these years. After 3 ing years, you claimed that you were busy. Oh yeah, you were busy banging him, I guess"

"Momo-ya I understand that you're mad, but please listen to me, please"

"No, you listen to me, Dahyun-ah. The man you're going to marry, is the same man that asked me to marry, who had butterflies and dreamy dreams and plans after we graduated, and he promised me to take care of me................then he left me in misery" Momo is crying now.

"And I lost Jinwoo in the process" Momo is now sobbing. Dahyun too.

"You were there, Dahyun-ah. You were there when my world crumbled!"

"Mom, he didn't even know about Jinwoo......"

"Yes, because he left me even when I got a chance to tell him"

"I told him about that and he was super devastating. Did you think that I didn't hate him after what he did to you? Momo-ya, I am your best friend, I knew about it all along, and he needed to know about that. How he hurt you. I made sure about that"

"He regretted his action. He didn't even pass the bar with me, he got to redo it the next year. He repented a lot, Momo-ya. He did"

"Then why did he even leave me? Did he regret that he was making a huge and stupid decision in his life then after he learned about Jinwoo? I hope he rots in hell. I really hope that!" Momo said it and almost left Dahyun behind until what Dahyun said stopped her.

"Your father made him leave you"

Momo stopped and turned her back again.

"What?"

"Hirai Ahjussi threatened him and his family to leave you alone. He didn't know the reason, but he had to leave you, otherwise, your father would kill his parents"

"What the are you talking about? Did you even believe him at this point, that is bull"

"I talked to his parents, Momo-ya. They still have the trauma about that. You know what your father is capable of. He sent his men to scare the family. Gosh, I should've never talked about this, I promised him"

Momo cle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter