Book 3 - Collective Conscience

Welcome to Soothing Hill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

Tzuyu took a peek from the outside of Soothing Hill, she couldn't see anything, just a reception desk without a single soul there. Maybe Sana didn't wake up yet. But it's already 10 in the morning.

"Oh shoot, did she run off again because I showed up? Oh "

The thought consumed her, and Tzuyu was afraid of losing her again. Tzuyu tried to enter Soothing Hill but was afraid of Jihyo.

"She isn't there" Jihyo then said from behind.

Tzuyu is startled

"What do you mean? She checked out already?"

"No, she is exploring the island"

Tzuyu felt relieved. Her heart is almost wore of hearing that Sana might flight again.

"Hey, wanna piece of advice?" Jihyo asked.

Tzuyu nodded though it was strange coming from a stranger.

"Let her be, she just needs some rest. She won't run again"

"How can you be so sure?"

Jihyo took a deep breath, "I've seen tons of cases like her here. All they needed was just a break. I know that you care a lot about her, but don't worry, she came to a good place"

"And you need a break too" Jihyo continued.

Tzuyu just smirked. Never thought in her life that she needed a break but Jihyo was right.

"Where did you stay last night?" Jihyo asked.

"Lilac Inn, near the beach"

"Oh my, that place is crap, pack your bag, stay here"

"You said that you're fully booked"

"Yesterday yes, today I have a vacant room"

"No thanks, Ms. Minatozaki will be furious seeing me here"

"I hear you two were so close, like a best friend?"

"Ms. Minatozaki said that?"

Jihyo nodded.

"Here, you guys are on a holiday, okay? There's no CEO and her secretary, there are only Sana and Tzuyu for now, you guys can reconnect again, reminiscing the good old days"

Tzuyu smirked, "Good old days, huh?" She said to herself.

Tzuyu was hesitant about Jihyo's offer.

"Besides, you can watch her closely, well in case she runs away again"

"YA!"

"In case.....I said"

Tzuyu took a deep breath. Again. Her only focus now was to find Jihyo on the island and try to talk some sense into her.

Tzuyu was on her way to the beach when she put the brakes on seeing Sana at the cafe near the beach. Tzuyu parked the car.

There she is, Sana was on her laptop with her glasses on, looking so serious on the screen. That particular scene made Tzuyu's heart beat faster without control. Tzuyu then ordered a coffee and sat at the table beside Sana. Sana was so serious she didn't even realize her surroundings. Tzuyu peeked a bit at Sana's laptop.

"You said you want to take a break, Ms Minatozaki"

Sana was surprised, "Oh my god, you scared me"

"Who's a workaholic now?"

"It's just, I just, I'm checking out a monthly report, in case Sejin made another mistake," Sana said while closing her laptop.

"Okay, okay, noted" Tzuyu mocked her.

"How did you even know that I'm here?"

"Well the island isn't that big Ms. Minatozaki, I can find you easily"

Sana smirked and sipped her coffee. Annoyed with Tzuyu's presence here.

"Ms. Minatozaki, I........"

"Tzuyu, can you please stop?"

"What?" Tzuyu is confused.

"We're not in the office, hell we're not even in Seoul. I am not Miss Minatozaki here. I am Sana, and you are Tzuyu, not Secretary Chou. And do you even remember that we have known each other since a long time ago? I think the past 5 years you forgot about that"

"Okay, okay, okay. I can comply with that for now"

"Good, you should, for my sake, Tzuyu"

Tzuyu nodded.

"Okay, what do you want to do today? Let's do it" Tzuyu offered.

"Are you serious? Can you actually go back to being the old Tzuyu that I know?" Sana was being skeptical.

"Sana please, was there anything that I wouldn't do for you?" Tzuyu smiled at her.

Sana also smiled.

"Okay, let's go to Seopyeonje Tavern now"

"Okay"

Sana smiled from ear to ear leading the way. It's been a long time since Tzuyu saw that smile, it made her smile too. Down, Sana talked about how this small island is the home of the filming location of Seopyeonje and Spring Waltz, Sana's favorite drama. In every corner of the place, Sana knew the exact scenes. Tired from walking they are now eating at Cafe Mar. This cafe has quite a view toward the sea.

"It feels like when we lived in Jejudo, where we could always eat seafood anytime we wanted," Tzuyu said.

"True, oh my God, I miss Jejudo"

"Sana, we visited Jejudo that often"

"Yeah for work, where's the fun in that? There's no such thing as fun on a business trip"

Tzuyu could only laugh. They ate the food while gazing at the beautiful view. It's been a long time for Tzuyu as well so that she could take a break from work.

"Tzuyu, I think you should quit working for my company"

"Are you trying to get rid of me now?" Tzuyu asked jokingly.

"Or at least, transfer to another department or back to the HQ, you're talented, you can lead a business development team, and you'll be good at it. Don't be just my secretary, Tzuyu, you are too big for this job"

"Sana, you agreed to be my friend today, let's not talk about business here"

"This is me, as a friend, suggesting you something. This is what friends do"

"Sana, I love my job, okay? Do you have any complaints about me being your secretary then?"

"No, I don't, but...."

"That's the end of discussion then"

"Tzuyu, don't feel obligated. I know that you might feel that my Dad owns you or something, but the truth is he isn't"

"Sana, I am a big girl now, I know what I'm doing, I chose to be here"

"Okay, okay. But if you have any concerns, if you change your mind, just tell me"

"I will, I will I promise"

They finished eating and Tzuyu drove to Soothing Hill. They arrived at 7 pm.

"Okay, thanks for the ride" Sana then got out of the car and Tzuyu did the same.

"What are you doing? Jihyo-ssi would kill you if she saw you"

"Oh really?" Tzuyu ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter