Book 3 - Collective Conscience

Welcome to Soothing Hill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

It’s 4 PM, and it’s a privilege for both of them to have some rest at this hour. Both worked like crazy in Seoul. Jihyo was still in slow school to do some volunteer work. 

Tzuyu took a look at their proposal, the one they made in college. There were other things that she should research, and re-check everything until it became a good one. Tzuyu was still a bit hesitant about Sana’s raw plan, but she decided to also put an effort into it. Though Sana’s idea was wild, from Tzuyu’s perspective it was possible and reasonable. 

Sana just woke up from her nap, she found Tzuyu on the terrace and sat beside her. She put her head on Tzuyu’s shoulder and enjoyed the view from there. 

"Remember when we camped in Mount Rainier, we also got a view like this”

“Except we wore thick clothes cause it was minus 10”

Sana laughed. 

“Yes, and you hated it”

“I never like winter, you know it, a complete opposite of you”

“That’s what makes us a great couple, Tzuyu-ya”

“Okay, how so?” 

“You know, people who are very different from each other are often attracted to each other. You like summer, I like winter”

“Like you’re extroverted, I am introverted” Tzuyu added. 

“Oh tell me about which part you are an introverted”

“Well I am”

“Tzuyu, introverted you would never join a sorority club and attended every party when we were a freshman”

“Oh my God, that was in the past, no need to mention it again”

Sana and Tzuyu laughed. 

Tzuyu then closed her laptop and stared at Sana. 

“Are you okay now? Still, feeling weak? Tzuyu asked. 

“Nope”

“Do you want to go to the beach and watch the sunset?”

Sana nodded. 

They headed to Puldeung Beach. The sun will set around 6 pm, they were on their way. They got out of the car and rested on the sand, Tzuyu already brought a picnic mat from Soothing Hill. Tzuyu let Sana sit first while she went back to her car again picking something up. 

“You’ll catch a cold with those thin layers” Tzuyu put her jacket around Sana’s shoulder and then handed out a beverage. 

“Really? A vitamin C drink? With this mood I want to have beer” Sana then sat beside her. 

“Nope, you’re still on meds, just be grateful that we can drink this”

“Aish”

Though Sana complained, she opened it and drank it. 

“This moment reminds me of Jejudo, we always sneaked from the dorm to visit the beach” 

“I know right? This is the second time we mention Jejudo, I guess we do miss that place a lot” Sana agreed. 

“This place is beautiful and it’s quiet, it’s just perfect”

“I would come back to Cheongsando and Jihyo’s place again for sure,” Sana said. 

Tzuyu just agreed in a hum. 

They just stayed there in silence and enjoyed the moment, the sound when the water broke the rocks, the yellow sky started to show purple shades, and the sun was about to set completely. 

“Sana-ya?” Tzuyu held Sana’s hand. 

“Hem?”

“Let’s go home, let’s do our homework,” Tzuyu said, then she faced and turned her body to her, “Let’s go against this world together”

Sana nodded, “Let’s not give up on each other, Tzuyu”

Tzuyu smiled. 

They both tilted their head and moved an inch closer to each other until their mouth touched. For the first time in 5 years, they could kiss each other again. Their fingers intertwined as they stood on the precipice of a moment that would forever change the course of their lives. As they leaned in, time seemed to slow. The world paused, allowing them to savor the anticipation of what was to come. Their lips met in a tender, lingering kiss that started as a gentle exploration and built into an expression of the emotions they had kept hidden for far too long.

Sana pulled out first, and their foreheads met. Both still closed their eyes, savoring every moment. 

Sana laughed a little. “I am thankful that could feel this moment again”

“I am sorry that I was a coward, Sana-ya”

“Doesn’t matter, I know that someday you’ll be back to me again, Tzuyu-ya, I could forever wait for it”

Tzuyu kissed Sana again. She indeed feels grateful that there’s someone who loves her this much. The sun completely set. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter