Four (NEW!)

Nirvana
Please log in to read the full chapter

Four

 

The air was rather peaceful as the bus traveled down the darkened road filled with slumbering students. For a normal human, everything was normal and nice except that it wasn’t exactly normal.

Amongst the sleeping students, there was a certain dark-haired demon floating in the aisle, his arms propelling his head up in the air as he stared at a sleeping girl on a male’s shoulders.

“Would you quit starring?” The male hisses making the demon curl his lips up in a smirk. The demon was a beauty with sharp features and feline-like lips that made him distinct and almost elfish-looking.

The demon simply shook his head and continued staring at the girl.

“I’m just sad that she couldn’t see me.” He sighed dramatically. “I thought she saw me as soon as I teleported here but when she woke up again, she couldn’t. It’s broken my heart.”

Baekhyun sighed at that and tried to shield her face from him with the scarf she gave him that morning. He had been so worried when she passed out when he found her after lunch but after a minute or two, she woke up with no memory of even walking down to that place.

It baffled her more than him and she kept demanding that he was playing tricks on her but she also couldn’t explain how she suddenly… reached there as the last thing she remembered was Chanyeol Park walking away.

“Oh well… Let’s just go back to the class.” She had shrugged a moment later and then everything had been normal as though she did not do something that made three lethal demons come back to earth at their time exactly where he did not want them.

“I did not peg you to be like Kai,” Chen smirked as Baekhyun swung his head to see him starring at their entwined hands.

Baekhyun also looked down and loosened his hands. In his anxiety, he had been holding her hands a little too hard regretting when he sees angry red outlines of his fingers on hers.

“I hope, unlike Kai you did not claim her as his…” Chen sighed a little as though he's had enough of Kai's nonsensical ways but Baekhyun hissed at that. How dare Kai dares to claim her? “But well… you’ve always been level-headed so I’m not thinking anything much.”

He flips until he is floating in midair. “Just that… I do want to let you know that Cheery seems to be more than she lets on. Perhaps she herself does not know but she seems to have a connection with one of us… or all of us.”

Baekhyun nods at that, his eyebrows coming together.

He had been thinking about this as well, for a long time, actually. “It is highly likely that she is somehow connected with Xiumin and since we are all connected with him… Yeah.”

Baekhyun’s heart dropped to his stomach as Chen voiced his conclusion. Why did he suddenly feel as though he lost… twice at that?

“And it won’t be long until Xiumin makes his move…” The demon stood up at that, his stance absolutely serious making Baekhyun look up at him. “He has been adamant about killing off the inhabitants of Earth- Creator’s favorite, as he calls them.”

“His thirst for vengeance had been quenched with Cheery’s presence on earth but it roared to its glory in Sheol. You should have seen him… He truly is one fearsome demon.”

Baekhyun nods at that, leaning down on his headrest with a tired, desperate sigh. Since his escape from the mountain, he was… soft and humane… so much so that he forgot how ruthless Xiumin truly was.

There wasn’t a demon that did not know of Xiumin. There wasn’t a demon that did not know of his powers and his abilities. Even Lucifer held himself in place near Xiumin and all demons bowed to him.

If he truly launches his attack now… there is no escaping for humans or even demons unless they travel away from this planet or he changes his mind.

“It’ll be easier for humans to travel away from earth at this point…” He admits making the other demon chuckle.

“True,” The demon of wrath agreed as silence returned to the moving vehicle, both churning their mind for something to prevent this.

A moment later, the two demons are looking at the girl. “Do you reckon he will move away from this timeline to plant the apocalypse?”

A heavy silence followed.

“Kai is the problem.” Chen leaned back and ‘sat’ down on nothing. “As long as Kai is here on earth in this timeline, Xiumin will not leave. There seem to be… something about Kai that pisses Xiumin off every single time. It is undeniably weird.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean that Kai is after Cheery but Xiumin is not fond of that idea.”

“And why is that?”

Chen shrugged. “No idea. But Xiumin will pull all strings to stop Kai so he will not be leaving as long as Kai remains here.”

A moment of silence was ensured until someone else from the bus speaks and made the two demons jump.

“Dude… Stop talking to yourself like that. It’s creepy as !”

Needless to say, the demons decided to have a full-on discussion back when they have privacy.

 

* * *

 

Baekhyun calmly watched the ‘new’ student in front of him with a blank face not really knowing what to display.

His name was apparently Kim Jongdae and he was a student who had been studying in China for almost all his life and decided to come back to his birth country to see more.

It was all bull because Kim Jongdae was the human persona of Chen, the demon of wrath.

No matter, Baekhyun was not enjoying this at all because Cheery seem to like Jongdae very much. But then again, who does Cheery not like? Well… at least on the front.

She might about him later on but now she was entertaining the new student while Chen held on to her, following her around like a lost puppy.

“She’s as lovely as I remember… just more eloquent,” He laughed heartily hours later when it was just them at the rooftop of their dorm, leaned on the railings to look at the nightline of the city. “Did you see her getting angry at how her earpiece was all tangled? She threw it back into her bag and took your iPods. I think I am in love with her.”

Baekhyun grunted in reply not liking what was happening at all.

“I don’t see how getting close to her is part of your plan!” He finally speaks, his ears going red at how annoyed he was, his voice rising considering these were the first words he had uttered today. “She doesn’t need more exposure to demons for goodness sake! Look at how she’s

Please log in to read the full chapter