שְׁמִינִי

Nirvana
Please log in to read the full chapter

Four beings sat quietly in a dark room, their breathings rather heavy as compared to the serene atmosphere surrounding them.

The room was ordinary like any teenage boy would have with posters on the wall, sports and gym equipment on one side and some comics lying around as well as many stuffed toys that looked a tad bit out of place.

“We did it… Right?” One uncertain voice rings out after a minute of staring at each other and into the ground below. At that, the three beings turned to look at the youngest-looking one who seemed to be the most shocked.

But after a moment of being zoned out and the white-haired demon calling him out, the youngest looking one of the four starts moving but slowly like he was stuck in a slow-motion and only after a moment of swaying unsteadily, he raised his clenched fist making everyone in their breath.

“Is that it?” The green-haired demon asks, curiosity lacing his voice as he shuffled to his knees and crawled forward.

Chen and Baek also moved closer in a similar fashion as the youngest one blinked owlishly in the darkroom.

With a snap of a finger, a single ball of light alighted from Baek’s finger and floated right above the clenched fist.

Xiumin felt his body melt with nervousness yet it tingled with anticipation as well.

Doubt and hope, confidence and uncertainly mingled together making him wish to throw up.

But… He held his breath as he slowly opened his clenched fist.

This time around, even their breath was held so the quiet was haunting. His fist is fully opened now and in his hands sat a gemstone about the size of a thumb gleaming so brightly under Baek’s light.

For a full minute, every one of them stared at the enchanting gem until each of them looked up to the person holding it, their eyes questioning.

They waited for the young boy to finish watching the stone for another minute until he breaks into a huge grin and nods his head.

“YES!”

 

* * *

 

The skies were grey that day as a tall lanky boy carried a photo of that young man inside the darkroom followed by a procession behind him. The tall boy was wearing a full black suit indicating that this was a funeral procession. His shaking figure and his bloodshot eyes were enough indications.

Following him were men holding the coffin and then followed by a woman crying hysterically while being held by a man who resembled the young man. They were the parents.

A lot of people had gathered to say their goodbyes and they talked in length about how good this boy had been and what a shame that he did not get to live long.

“Kyungsoo was a boy full of sunshine,” Their homeroom teacher was talking, “He and his friends always caused trouble in class but they were the ones who bought happiness and laughter into the class. It would not be the same the next time we sit in a class together. Rest in peace, my beloved student.”

“He was like a brother to me,” Kim Junmyeon blew his nose and rubbed the back of the tallboy next to him, “He was like a brother to us. Our lives will definitely not be the same without him. My only hope is that he was able to serve his purpose while on earth…He bought happiness to us all.”

It went on and on until his coffin is lowered into the ground and everyone threw a handful of soil in it until the fresh grave was put together and a headstone was placed by the workers.

The few remaining people mourning also went away reluctantly as the night settled in.

It is quiet and serene once again until the place is completely dark.

Out came four men dressed in black suits like the people before and this time we see a new face.

His eyes were fierce, like the eyes of a dangerous feline creature as he scanned the area and rested it on the fresh grave there. He gives a slight nod of his head as both his hands were shoved into the pockets of his suit pants giving him a dominating aura.

At his signal, a snow-haired man stepped out of their group and laid down a bouquet of fresh lily flowers at the grave before placing a hand on his chest and bowing his head as if to honor him.

“Our job here is done,” The man in the middle stated as Baek returned to their group. This new man had skin as fair as the hairs on Baek’s hair that it almost glowed in the darkness, his lips were contrastingly pink like a fresh petal of cherry blossom in winter. This fairness was topped off by a set of full hair that was as dark as the night but gleamed like it was glass under the moonlight.

He had an ethereal sort of beauty about him and he held himself as though he knew it.

“Tonight we depart from earth,” He sighs and a mist escaped his lips indicating the autumn night. The leaves were falling into the ground and the cold was seeping in… it was as though it showcased what he really felt leaving someone precious behind.

A part of him knew that this was only natural, that this is something he must go through but a part of him wanted to deny it, wanted to scream that this was only making him feel like dying.

“The next part of our plan has to be laid out and we don’t know if we will ever return to this timeline…” Xiumin, in his true form speaks out boldly but there’s tension in his voice. “But we know what should be done.”

The others nod except for the green-haired man who only pouts and looks away into the ground.

“Kai,” Xiumin regarded him with a soft look instead of the harsh one he was expecting as though he understood what the green haired man was going through, “Get hold of yourself.”

“But why can’t I stay instead of Baek? HUH? I’m closer to her right? Baek has not even said a single word to her so why can’t I stay back with her? I hate this!”

The other three all raised their eyebrows in surprise when the green-haired man started tearing up, large drops of tears rolling down his smooth skin.

“I MISS HER AND I did not even get to say goodbye to her! It’s not fair!”

But they all sighed and shook their head. They had been through this. They had been through this enough!

The night they returned, Kyungsoo’s body had rejected him fully making him inhabitable anymore. It took them hours to sort it out as they had to gain a large amount of power to crack open the jewelry and get the body out of it.

Kai had teleported them someplace wh

Please log in to read the full chapter