רְבִיעִי

Nirvana
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Xiumin stood at the threshold of his room and wondered how on earth all of these came about.

Baek was seated on the ceiling of his room, his chain and hair hanging while the demon stubbornly sat there with his arms and legs folded, his eyes firmly closed.

Chen was floating in between as electric sparks danced around him.

Kai was surprisingly the only normal one amongst them as he was seated on the ground. The abnormality in Kai though was the cause of all these abnormalities.

Xiumin’s eyes landed on the small child seated on Kai’s lap, just like how she had been a few hours back.

Rubbing his temple, he closed his eyes and sighed at the event that had unfolded.

When they both fell asleep before, thanks to their amazing sleep schedule, Cheery had refused to let him go hereafter. And when she was just so cute with her ‘Oppa, Oppa's' and her doe-eyed puppy eyes and those pouts, it was simply impossible even for a demon to say no.

He had, therefore, no other option but to bring her into his room.

But he had forgotten, even just for a moment that he was a demon and not Kyungsoo so when he walked into the room, he was the one more shocked to see a bunch of demons with brightly colored hairs.

Cheery went nuts at that, lunging at Baek with ‘IT’S A RABBIT!’. Needless to say, Baek was scarred for life and he had since been on the ceiling refusing to even open his eyes to look at the ‘monster of a human child’.

Chen and Kai spent twenty solid minutes laughing at the demon on the ceiling considering how Baekhyun was the last person who reacted to anything so this was something out of ordinary even for immortal beings like them.

But then it seemed the next Demon Cheery chose was Kai because he had green hair. “Broccoli!” She had exclaimed.

Kai seemed rather happy to have her too and they had bonded surprisingly well much to Xiumin’s relief. He did not fail to see how Chen had begun sulking in his bean couch after that considering he was not chosen, curling a finger at his hair as though contemplating changing its color.

At least Kai can keep her company… While he was in there, of course. There was no way he was entrusting Kai with Cheery even for a second in his absence because he knows quite well what the Demon of Greed can do. One second and she might be up in flames, or worse, strolling down the pathway of Sheol. So no.

Xiumin snapped his neck back to look at her when she lets out a loud shout of joy. He couldn’t help the smile that escaped his lips when he saw how her eyes were dancing with delight as Chen sends lightning sparks her way. Looks like he’s fighting for attention as well.

“Be careful.” He warns the electric demon knowing that even the tiniest zap might end her life. “Humans are more delicate than we can imagine.”

Chen rolls his eyes at him but nods, changing his lightning to balls of lights, imitating Baek's powers.

For a moment, as Xiumin eyed the tiny hands of Cheery trying to catch the ball of lights with laughter, he felt envious. Of what? He did not know but he felt envious that someone could make that girl laugh and that someone wasn’t him.

If he had his powers he could definitely make the coolest things to make her happier than this, for sure.

“Stop scowling at me!” Before he could register anything, a ball of light comes and hits him on the face momentarily blinding him. At his shock, he took his fighting stance ready to rip the head of the person who send him the light.

“What on earth, Chen!” It was Baek who barks from up above. “Did you so easily forgot that our Master is in a human’s body? He told us just a moment back that human beings are fragile!”

So it was Chen who did that. Stomping towards Chen, the dark-haired demon winces and clambers up the wall to sit beside Beak on the ceiling knowing well that Xiumin in his human form cannot climb up there.

“Get down here immediately. I’m going to dunk you into the bottomless lake for three hundred human years.”

But the prankster did not steer and instead imitated Baek’s previous stance of closing his eyes in a meditative form.

A string of words came to his mind and he had every mind to speak it but the child seated on the green monster’s lap made him shut up and merely throw a lamp shed at Chen. He missed, of course.

So he stands there, hands on his hips and looking at the ceiling with simmering anger. The anger surprisingly dissuades the moment Cheery joins him in standing exactly like him and looking up to the two demons.

Kai giggled at that. “She’s like a mini version of you.”

Xiumin scowls and turns to look at Cheery and then at their surroundings again.

What was he even doing? Why on earth would he bring an innocent child into a demon’s liar? This is no place for a human, a precious one at that!

At that exact moment, Cheery swings her head from the two demons on the ceiling and looks right into his eyes, her lips breaking into the prettiest smile he’s ever seen.

"Rabbit and Bat!" She laughed pointing at them.

.

“I am taking the human child back to her dwelling. Make sure to keep quiet.” He finally snaps while Kai whines.

“NO! I wanna play more with her! She’s so fun!”

“Look at that old demon behaving like a human child.” Chen scoffs from the ceiling voicing out Xiumin’s thoughts. “Cheery could make a better demon than you.”

Cheery, whether she understood or not laughed and ran to Kai who picks her up and tosses her into the air making Xiumin receive five heart attacks simultaneously.

“Stop that!” He pants clutching his chest again. “You’re going to drop her and she’s going to die.”

“MORE!” She screams as soon as Kai catches her making Xiumin groan.

“I’m listening to her, my Lord. Apologies in advance.” Kai laughs as he tosses the little girl into the air again.

“AGAIN! AGAIN!”

Needless to say, the room had a new boss and she was tiny.

Broccoli

Rabbit

Bat

* * *

 

Cheery became a full-time member in their room from then on which worried Xiumin to no end.

Her friendship with Kai was growing every day and Kai was becoming a little too attached to Cheery already

Please log in to read the full chapter