and then there were none, an outtake

one shot collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why did I kiss her? I leaned in and kissed her. Irene! I ed up, right?" In a trance, Jennie stared at the colorful floor of the bar Irene offered to buy her drinks in.

 

"You're not happy she kissed back? Wait, did she kiss you back?" The small woman wondered between shots of vodka.

 

"She did not, but that's not important. Things have been unclear between us since we started living together. I can't even remember how I agreed to live together. What the hell is happening to me?" When Lisa pushed her away after that short breathtaking moment, Jennie internally panicked and contacted Irene, her best friend.

 

"Maybe she used a love potion? That exists, right? But why is it bothering you so much? You kiss girls in bars on a regular." The cat's eyes pierced Irene's, making her put her hands up in defeat.

 

"She's different."

 

"Just say you love her and deal with it." Jennie slammed her glass on the table; Irene noticed some people nearby flinched at the contact.

 

"I don't- I don't love her, right?" Irene raised her eyebrows, shaking her head at the disappointment that is her best friend.

 

"I would've been with Lisa if you two weren't together. Lisa's the ideal; are you even aware of that? She takes good care of you, almost like a girlfriend, a wife even! You're so smart yet so stupid."

 

"You're not helping right now."

 

"I am putting some 'common sense' in your brain right now. Yes, I am helping." Jennie asked to stay at Irene's that night. Jennie's stay was extended for a week, then another week, until months passed, completely forgetting that she still had to talk to Lisa.

 

"Rene, you're the argumentative type between us. Can you, uhh, tal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter