the first snowfall

one shot collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

based from zion t.'s "snow".

 

 

the bustling street, the murmur of voices, and a woman sitting on her luggage sets the cold morning view in seoul. it was november and it haven't rained snow yet. she sighed, forming a smoke in front of her as if she had a cigarette. anytime this month, this week, maybe even tonight, the first snow would fall

 

seulgi wants to witness it, she always waits for it every year. sometimes just standing outside her house with her eyes close, facing the sky, waiting for it to fall on her face.it has always been like that and she never wanna miss a moment of it.

 

seulgi looked over the street and the tall shiny building that she'll enter soon. it took her three years to save the money she'll use for it and she knows it'll be all worth it. she'll do as promised, she'll never break it.

 

the hotel was surprisingly crowded, lots of women and teenage girls huddled over a person she doesn't know. she doesn't care anyway, fancying celebrities is not her thing. not their thing.

 

she doesn't understand why they're being idolized. yes, they're good at something but there are a lot of people out there, undiscovered, underrated and just waiting for their time to shine or not. not everyone likes attention despite their talents. for seulgi, singing is just a hobby they both adore and they'll never wish for more. we're all just humans anyway.

 

they followed the famous person around like a fly to food and she's glad it has gone quiet, only her and the receptionist was left behind."good morning to you, madam." the receptionist in a clean black suit greeted her.

 

"the most expensive room, please."

 

"a penthouse, madam?" 'madam', for a woman who's not well-dressed to be called madam, she's impressed at how they trained their staff or maybe the receptionist is simply nice. she nodded and brought out a thick brown envelope, opened it, and poured out the contents onto the table.it was a load of cash, her whole savings. it's sad to look at it because after this, she doesn't know how will she earn that again.

 

the man counted the bills and even the coins but he looked at her with sad eyes and uttered, "a little bit more and i can give you the keys for the night."she tried feeling her pockets, hoping she have some money left. she grabbed everything she could. she has to do this or she'll never get the chance again.

 

thankfully she have some spare change from the convenience store earlier and she was glad she didn't eat much today. her remaining money was the exact amount of what she had to pay, she guess she'll walk home tomorrow.

 

finally, the keys are in her hands. she didn't waste more time and headed straight to the elevator, going to the top floor.

 

it was a long elevator ride before reaching the sky. double doors blocked her view of the inside of the penthouse but when she opened it, she was left in awe. spotless, shiny, expensive. these are the only words that clouded seulgi's mind and it finally hit her.

 

one job won't pay for this, three jobs will take her a few more years just to get here. she suddenly felt proud of having five jobs respectively. exhausting but worth it. this is the luxury people like her wouldn't experience unless they're as thrifty and money-wise as seulgi.

 

she looked through the curtains, sun rays hitting her monolid eyes but she still opened the blinds to see the white puffy clouds before sitting on the bed. the mattress was the softest material she ever sat on and she can't help but bounce up and down like a kid.

 

she laid on it, only half of her body was on the bed and her feet touched the cold ground of the hotel. she sighed before inhaling deep and sighing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter