SIX

VOYAGE DE LA VIE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER SIX

– IT’S NOT A DREAM –

 

 

BAEKHYUN – MY LOVE

 

 

 

 

2007

HOUSE OF AUCLAIR VINCELLETE, PARIS, FRANCE

 

 

THE older Jaemin look around the familiar mansion around him with a nostalgic feeling. From afar, he could see the 10-year-old Jaemin run around the house with a happy laugh as the maid playing chase and catch with him. He laughed all the time signalling how happy he is just to play and running around the house.

 

“Raphael! Mama and Papa are home!” Upon hearing the extremely familiar voice that fill the massive mansion, Jaemin quickly sprint his way towards the big front door. Welcoming his parent along with the maid that open the door for the noble couple. Jaemin open up his arm widely as usual and his Papa immediately understand what he wants. The older chuckle as he picks Jaemin up in his arm while tickling him on the stomach. Jaemin giggled happily as he grabs his Papa hand to stop.

 

“You want Papa to stop tickling you?”

 

“It’s… ticklish! Ah! Papa!” Another happy laugh resonates around the mansion as the father and son duo play together. Jaemin laugh out loud when his Papa put him on the shoulder before running around the house. His Mama watching the both of them with a fond smile.

 

“Arthur, Raphael, be careful! We don’t want the both of you crash onto the vase in the house! It’s dangerous!” His Mama reminded the two of them although she knows they won’t listen to her. Jaemin continue to laughing in the background as he watched his Mama climb up the stairs to go to her shared room with his Papa. The older Jaemin follow his Mama from behind slowly. As if the older woman would have heard him if he makes a noise.

 

“Lady Jiwoo, are you okay? Do you need your medicine now?” Jaemin just watch silently as the maid bring the medicine to his Mama. When his Mama decline it, Jaemin quickly go to older to force to take her medicine. But, he can’t even touch the other. Whenever he’s trying, it will only stop in the mid-air. The frustrated Jaemin can only crying as he continues to watch his Mama tolerating the pain that he knows, too much for her.

 

“Darling?” Both Jaemin and his Mama turn around only to see his Papa make his way into the room carefully while smiling at his Mama. His Mama smiled back to the other.

 

“Oh, honey. Where is Raphael?”

 

“I told him to watch some cartoon while I’m freshen up. Are you okay? Did you already take your medicine?”

 

“Don’t worry about me, honey. I’ll eat it later. Go freshen up now. Raphael is waiting for you. I’ll be fine.” His Mama said still smiling prettily. But, it seems that his Papa didn’t believe her when he takes a sit on the bed while staring into the woman elegant face.

 

“Both of us heard what the doctor said, Jiwoo. You can still survive if we diligently following the treatment schedule.”

 

“But, I don’t want to waste your time. You still have to take care of the company. Your Papa is sick as well and I don’t want to add to your burden. It’s okay, Arthur. I can manage. Besides, Raphael need me here. To send and welcome him from the school.”

 

“But, what about me? I need you too, Jiwoo. I love you.”

 

“I love you too, Arthur. But, you also said to prioritize our son, right? I’m doing just that, honey.” Jaemin can see his Papa sighed heavily when his Mama said that. Jaemin continue to cry. Maybe, it was his fault in the first place for being ignorance about his Mama situation. Because his Mama has been paying too much attention to him that she abandoned her own health.

 

“You don’t deserve to suffer like this, Mama.” He spoke for the very first time since he arrived at the mansion. He watched as his Papa caressed his Mama head lovingly.

 

“I know I said that. I want you to care about our son, but, I also don’t want you abandon yourself. I’m willing to free my time to accompany you to the hospital. We’re in this together, darling. You don’t have to face this alone. Trust me.” Jaemin can’t help but to cry a little loud once he heard his Papa words. He sniffles and choke on his own tears. The empty and broken promises his Papa uttered to his Mama. The fake hope that the woman holding onto. Only to be ended

 

“I’m sorry, Mama. I’m not strong enough to save you when you need me. I’m sorry. I really am.” He chokes out those words in difficulties. He drops himself on the floor helplessly thinking that it’s better he was the one dying. Not his Mama.

 

“I know. I trust you, honey. That’s why I’m marrying you, didn’t I? Because, I believe that you can take care of me for a very long time and you will always love me forever.”

 

“I promise you, Jiwoo. I’ll support you until the end. I’ll always standing right beside you to make sure that you’ll never fall down whenever your pain strikes you. I’ll give you my supportive words whenever you need it. I promise you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PRESENT TIME

 

 

“MAMA!” Jaemin loud yell fill the room as he springs up from his bed as fast as lightning. The sweats were too much that his bed became wet. He kept mum for a moment afraid if one of the hyungs heard his scream. A relief sighs came out from his lips when no one came to his room. Jaemin had class today but he just doesn’t feel like going. The whole dream was taking toll on him that he lost almost all of his energy. He’s seriously freaking lazy today. As he was thinking on how to skip his class, he can smell sweet scent of honey fill his whole room. He smiles. It must be Taeil and Kun preparing for their breakfast.

 

“I don’t want to meet Lee Jeno too soon.” He mumbled weakly. The meeting two days ago went really well, but, the fact that they only had a month to get use to each other bother him so much. He kept thinking that Jeno actually hate this arrangement and that’s why the other act nonchalant about it. Right after their meeting, they didn’t even contact each other. The fact that he doesn’t have any classes for two days straight also make it hard for him to see Jeno at the university. Right after he finished his morning routine and wearing all his disguise, Jaemin grabbed his bag lazily and went downstairs.

 

“Good morning, hyung.” He greets softly. All six of them already waiting for him at the dine table. He g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter