FIVE

VOYAGE DE LA VIE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FIVE

– ANOTHER START? –

 

 

BAEK AH YEON – SO SO

 

 

 

 

FOR the whole week, Jaemin keep staring at the small note that was neatly pinned on his ‘what-to-do’ board right in front of his study desk. A soft sigh came out from his small lips.

 

“Come and meet me on this next weekend. I’m sure you already know about our relationship and I need to discuss it with you.” He mumbled slowly. Jeno already know about them long before him. That means, the Lee’s couple might have told the other about him. Did they tell him about it all? Or, they keep it secret just like what Jaemin asked?

 

“Come to think of it! That means, NCT DREAM actually know that I was fake sleeping when they talked about our relationship and I don’t even know about it yet at that time! They must have watched me from somewhere!” He said in disbelief. In the midst of his realization session, Jaemin eyes widened again.

 

“Doesn’t it mean that when he protects me from Irene and Seulgi, he was actually… really… saving me? Isn’t it?” Jaemin cheeks turn red at his own imagination. He shook his head as fast as he could to throw away all the stupid thought.

 

“Ugh! I need to relax myself. This stupid brain!” He scolds himself and quickly make a way out from the room only to jog towards SUNSHINE HEAVEN GARDEN. He smiled when the calm view of the flowers reached his eyes. Instead of taking a seat on the bench, he lay down on the grass while looking up at the clear and beautiful sky. Another small smile painted on his face as he closes his eyes to appreciate the nature.

 

“Little one, am I disturbing you? I want to talk to you for a moment. Can I?” Jaemin woke up from his short daydream and open up his eyes only to see that Ten already seated right beside him on the grass.

 

“Sure, what is it, hyung?”

 

“I’m sure I’m not the only one who realized it. The other also saw how you were just silent this whole week. Is there something bothering you? You look pretty disturbed for this past few days.” Jaemin sighed a little at the question as he took his time staring at Ten for quite some time. In the end, he just smiled and focusing back to garden calming view.

 

“Where are the other?” Ten smiles at the younger attempt to change the topic. It’s been a week after he and Kun arrived Korea. They were supposed to have some fun with their little brother but Jaemin seems like he’s not in a good mood and the guys didn’t like it. Especially, himself.

 

“Well, Jonny hyung and Taeyong hyung still at the office. They said they will try to finish their work as fast as they can and come home earlier than usual. While, Taeil hyung and Kun going to the supermarket to do grocery shopping. They want to cook something special for tonight.”

 

“And, why didn’t you follow them hyung?”

 

“Me? Grocery shopping? Hmm… didn’t sit too well for me. Besides, why would I leave you all alone in this ing big house? Right?” The both of them grinned together at Ten answer.

 

“I always stay at home all alone when all of the hyungs working. But, since you’re here and insist to keep me accompany. Thank you!” Jaemin beamed getting a chuckle from Ten. It was silent again and Ten decided to try again.

 

“So, mind to tell me? What is it about?” At the same question from earlier, Jaemin sighed. He looks at Ten knowingly.

 

“Tell me the truth, hyung. You guys actually know about mine and Jeno relationship, don’t you? About the engagement?” The question came out clearly albeit Jaemin said it very slowly. Ten smiled with a simple nod.

 

“Uncle and Aunty already told you about it?”

 

“Not just Uncle and Aunty but also Jeno. Uncle and Aunty told me about it the day before Jeno gave me a note saying that he wants to meet me to discuss about our relationship. The next weekend that he talked about is tomorrow. I’m supposed to meet him tomorrow, hyung.”

 

“Then, what is your feeling about all of it?”

 

“I don’t know. Overwhelmed, maybe? Because the whole SNU only know me as Yoon Chulsoo. The loner, ugly duckling, fat, dumb, nerd and countryside guy.” Jaemin sad tone was too exaggerated that Ten can’t help but to laugh out loud at the poor boy and quickly run away. Jaemin watch the older in disbelief and started chasing him. They kept running for a moment until Jaemin finally caught Ten right arm and pull it to smack the other head really hard.

 

“Ouch! Yah, Na Jaemin! You smack me really ing hard!”

 

“Serve you right! Who told you to laugh at me? I’m telling you about my problem but you ing laugh at it!”

 

“No! I’m not laughing at you! It’s just the way you tell me make me laugh! The story became too sad than it supposed to be!” Ten want to laugh again but Jaemin hard glare make him thinking twice. Jaemin lay down on the grass again. This time, using Ten lap as his pillow letting the other play with his slender fingers.

 

“I’m telling you the truth, hyung. I’m worried about it.” Jaemin suddenly said and the mood became serene again.

 

“Did he already tell you when he wants to meet you tomorrow?”

 

“Not yet. He doesn’t even have my phone number though. How can he –… wait! Uncle and Aunty have it. Silly me.”

 

“Jaeminnie, just be yourself, okay? That’s my only advice. You don’t have to change yourself just to suit someone else taste. Heck, you don’t even know what his taste is.” Jaemin face lit up at the mention of being himself and knowing what the younger thinking about, Ten quickly continue his sentence.

 

“Nope! Not the Yoon Chulsoo one, Jae! Oh my God, what am I going to do with you? Okay, maybe, just the appearance part since you still need to hide but, stop being weak, vulnerable and frail. You are not that kind of person, Jaeminnie.”

 

“Ten is right, baby. Just be yourself. As the cheerful Na Jaemin and energetic Raphael Auclair Vincellete. Always believe that whenever you’re in trouble, your hyungs will always be by your side to help you. We will always be with you forever.” Jaemin and Ten turn around at the sudden voice behind them only to see Taeil was smiling at them and all of his hyungs are there walking towards the two of them flashing their sweet smile.

 

“Hyung! You guys are back already!” Jaemin immediately sprint up from his position and run towards Kun who already open his arm widely for him. Taeil rolled his eyes annoyingly.

 

“Yah, I’m the one who saying that and you’re hugging Kun?” He said while pretending to be hurt with Jaemin. The younger stuck his tongue out although he already went to Taeil to hug him.

 

“I live with you, Taeil hyung! While Kun hyung and Ten hyung is here only for a month!” He shot back. Taeil ignored the whining as he kissed Jaemin forehead fondly. Followed by Kun, Johnny and Taeyong. Ten once again pull Jaemin to sit on his lap as he hugged the boy from behind inhaling the boy sweet vanilla scent. His rare but usual habit whenever he sits down with Jaemin.

 

“I heard the Lee’s family already told you about you and Jeno relationship? Is that true?” Johnny asked peeking at Jaemin face from the boy shoulder. Jaemin nodded as he glared at the older. He only chuckled.

 

“How could the six of you hid it from me? I must be looking like a stupid person for not knowing about it.”

 

“Actually, that’s the reason why Kun and Ten came back home. Well, other than spending time with you, of course. The other told us how Mrs. Lee complaining that Jeno didn’t want to tell you about you guys. How Jeno avoiding the marriage.” Taeyong explained slowly and Jaemin let out a sigh.

 

“He must hate me so much. You don’t know how much that cold guy hates me at the university, hyung. I think his eyes could be flying out from the socket from the way he always glaring at me all the time. It must be because I’m ugly and fat at SNU.” Jaemin insecure side came out again without he knowing.

 

“Stop saying all those things to yourself, Raphael. We all know it’s just your façade to hide yourself.” Kun said softly but Jaemin really can’t help himself. How can he when his own Papa also hate him? The scars that he tried to forget is still there. Fresh in his mind.

 

 

 

 

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter