PROLOGUE

VOYAGE DE LA VIE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PROLOGUE

– THE MOMENT EVERYTHING FALLEN DOWN –

 

 

AMBER – BORDERS

 

BOLD - FRENCH CONVERSATION

ITALIC - ENGLISH CONVERSATION

(FOR THE WHOLE STORY)

 

 

 

2010

HOUSE OF AUCLAIR VINCELLETE, PARIS, FRANCE

 

 

THE weather at the city of love, Paris, was all muddy and damp due to the nonstop rain since the early morning. There’s no sign that it will turn sunny as usual it would be. As if understanding the mood of a kid who soon will be thrown away by his own family.

 

“This is ing ridiculous! How can they mess up everything?!” The massive mansion echoed with Arthur dangerous yell. The 13-year-old Raphael flinched in fear hearing the sudden outburst. He hastily hides behind his uncle as if the action could actually save himself from his anger Papa. While his uncle glares at the other deeply as he pulls Raphael closer to him.

 

“RAPHAEL AUCLAIR VINCELLETE! YOU COME HERE! WHO TOLD YOU TO GO THERE?!”

 

“Mind your language! Can you at least respect Raphael here? He’s not a toy that you can just control him!” Raphael squeeze his eyes tightly gripping onto his uncle legs as hard as he can. He really doesn’t need this kind of noise. His head hurt, along with his sadden heart still trying to accept the fate that his Mama is gone forever.

 

“He’s my son, Tae Joon! You don’t have any right to teach me how to talk to him!”

 

“Then, at least try to understand his feelings. Jiwoo just leave him and he’s still a kid. You can’t expect him to just accept it all in a blink of eye.” Tae Joon try to be civil just because Raphael is here. If not for the younger, Tae Joon is already accept to stay in prison so that he could kill Arthur. His hand softly massaging the boy shoulder trying to comfort the other although he knows it’s mostly impossible.

 

“Do they really have to argue because of that stupid boy?” From the second floor of the mansion, a woman with her son watch the intense scene between the now ex-in-law silently.

 

“Arthur want to keep that boy because of Jiwoo inheritance, Martin. But, it seems like Tae Joon might have known about it that all of this happen. Tae Joon is the only family Jiwoo had all these while so, logically, all Jiwoo’s fortune is taken care of by Tae Joon. Now that Jiwoo is gone, Arthur want to claim those inheritances.” Martin nodded in understanding hearing his mother explanation.

 

“I guess, Tae Joon didn’t let it be?” The 20-year-old said as a matter of fact as he smirks in amusingly. His mother shrug knowingly.

 

“I wonder why he need that inheritance? Does his own family fortune not enough?”

 

“Would you marry Arthur if he’s not from Auclair Vincellete family, Mama? When you yourself are also Roselyn from the great Basque Dubois family?” At her son tricky question, Roselyn glare the younger.

 

“You’re just a young boy! Don’t say something that could be very dangerous for you!” Martin smirk again.

 

“A young boy, huh? You and Arthur are just the same, Mama. That’s why the both of you are together.” Martin spat before he left his mother. Roselyn glare follow her son until the young man enter his own room. That boy sure use his words until the last point. Roselyn was about to walk away when her 10-year-old daughter came from behind holding her pink teddy bear.

 

“Mama, I hate Raphael because he takes Papa love from me. When will Papa get rid of him?” Roselyn smile sweetly to the younger as she bends down to carry her on the side.

 

“It’s not nice to say such a thing, Estelle. You know that Papa would anything for you, right? Raphael is also Papa son.” Roselyn said mysteriously. The girl hug Roselyn tightly putting her head in the crook of her mother neck.

 

“But, I hate Raphael! I’ll ask Papa to not let Raphael to live with us! Papa will let me, right?”

 

“Of course, Estelle. As Mama said, Papa would listen to you.” Roselyn said in the end as she stares at the living room with a winning smirk. All her effort to take what she had now is not in vain. She would call it as taking her own path rather than doing dirty deed. Roselyn Basque Dubois always get what she wants.

 

“Arthur, I know you’re just marrying my younger sister just because you know where she’s from, don’t you? Yes, she came here pretending to be the ordinary girl from South Korea trying to find her own path, but, it’s impossible for Auclair Vincellete family to just marry you off blindly with some unknown girl!” Arthur laugh at the words coming out from the other.

 

“I thought you would never figure it out! But, how? We can’t turn back the time and change all things happened, right? Jiwoo is clueless up to the day she’s dead! Although I could say the same things to my parent. They literally trusting me with all their heart when I said I would marry an orphan. They always have a soft spot for a kind gentle girl.” Arthur laugh again like a madman. Tae Joon almost run towards the other when Raphael pull his legs.

 

“Uncle, no.” Raphael soft voice wake Tae Joon up. He looks up only to see that Raphael is staring at him with his glassy eyes. Tae Joon sighed. He scared the younger. Arthur suddenly point his finger dangerously at his son.

 

“You! I keep you here with me only to receive all these bull! Your Mama already gone for almost two months, yet, you still burdening me only with your existence!” Arthur sprints ready to charge towards the younger while Raphael bulge his eyes in fear while gripping on Tae Joon tightly waiting for whatever his Papa want to do with him.

 

“I WILL KILL YOU, RAPHAEL!” He yelled already getting closer. Raphael close his eyes but before he knew it, he feels himself being carried away by someone else. He opened his eyes only to see his Korean cousin, Johnny already bring him away from his uncle. He quickly hugged the older in fear.

 

“Johnny hyung, I’m afraid.” He said softly while snuggling comfortably in the crook of Johnny neck. Johnny was fast to comfort the younger by rubbing his back slowly.

 

“It’s okay, hyung is here. Don’t worry, okay? Your Papa won’t be happy after he made his own son like this. Trust me, Raphael.” Johnny said with a small smile. He knows that Raphael won’t understand him since his Aunt never really teach the boy Korean but he at least need to say something that only he understands it. He knows, if he talks in English, Arthur will bombard the boy more worst.

 

“She loves you, Arthur. She literally called me every day saying that she made the best decision in her life by marrying you. You also fool your late parent with your pretending kind façade. Make them believe you love Jiwoo sincerely. Why can’t you accept Jiwoo for who she is just like your parent? Just because Jiwoo is an orphan, didn’t mean you can do such things to her. You lied to both your dead parent and Jiwoo!”

 

“She fools herself, don’t you think? With the power she has, she can just ask someone to check on me whenever she wants. Although I never care about it at the first place.” The cruel sentence came out from Arthur casually. Raphael already sniffling in Johnny arms.

 

“Johnny, bring Raphael out from here. I’ll take him with me if his own father never cares about him.” Johnny nodded as he walks away with Raphael in his arm.

 

“Hyung, where are we going? What about Papa? What about my house? Where do I live? I don’t have anyone except Papa now. Mama already leave me.” The continuous sentence make Johnny sighed heavily but he didn’t say anything as he just brings the younger towards the limousine.

 

“Johnny? Oh dear, Raphael!” Johnny look up at the shock voice near the limousine.

 

“Uncle ask me to bring him here but I’m not confident enough to leave Uncle alone in there. Watch Raphael while I go back to the mansion. Ask Taeyong and Kun to help you if Raphael needs anything.” The other person only nodded in understanding as he took Raphael from Johnny. The confuse Raphael only look at him silently.

 

“Taeil hyung?”

 

“Yes, honey? Why is it?”

 

“Do we just leave Papa here?” It’s only one question but Taeil found it hard to answer. In the end, he just silent letting the question floating in the air. Back in the mansion, Tae Joon glared at Arthur who just gave him a blank face. Now that Johnny had brought Raphael away from him, he doesn’t have to filter his words anymore.

 

“How I wish Jiwoo is here to watch your pathetic ing , Arthur. How you could just throw away your own son just because of fortune, money and power. I can’t believe I let my dearest younger sister to marry someone like you. I hope you listen to my words carefully, Arthur. Raphael is the only grandchild in Na family line because our parent only has Jiwoo and me as their heir. I’ll make sure our family inheritance will be Raphael’s and never b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter