7. Verity

Persona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
verity Chapter 7

 

───────── ♡❤♡ ─────────

JIYEON

───────── ♡❤♡ ─────────

 

 

“Hanaki…” Jiyeon started, unsure if she should continue. But seeing that the girl was not hostile towards her, she did. “Why are you crying?” Jiyeon asked nervously. She knows that she might be the reason why the girl was crying so she doesn't understand why she was angry at Yuri.

 

She might’ve hated Yuri, but she is not one to celebrate a win obtained like this.

 

Her friends accidentally hit the ball the wrong way, and it went straight to where Hana and Yuri were sitting. She tried to run as fast as she could to catch the ball, but it was swatted with so much force and she was unable to get it.

 

She saw how Yuri shielded Hana from the ball, and she felt bad because that definitely would hurt and would bruise. But when she reached the two of them, they seemed to be arguing. She thought that Hana was still hurt, but it looked like they were arguing because of something else. She panicked when she saw Hana cry but mustered all her courage to talk to them. And that’s when Hana asked her to take her away from Yuri.

 

“Yuri… she ruined my flower crown.” Hana said, hiccuping, pulling Jiyeon out of her reverie. The girl was still crying but in a very cute way, she also has this pout that if the situation does not look serious, she would definitely smile and make fun of how adorable Hana looks. Not to mention that the reason why she’s angry is because of a flower crown. But of course, she restrained from doing so because she doesn’t want to add conflict to the current situation. And Hana also looked seriously hurt by it.

 

Jiyeon contemplated what to do next. Yes, she wanted to come clean, but should she do it now?

 

She decided to try to cheer up Hana first before she confesses. “Let’s go back.”

 

“What? Why? I don’t want to!” Hana protested, but Jiyeon was not having it, she pulled her by the wrist and turned around.

 

She somehow felt relieved that Yuri was not there anymore, and she also felt Hana relaxed a bit when she also saw that the spot where they sat earlier was already empty.

 

Jiyeon sat down and told Hana to sit too, which the latter obeyed.

 

“We can make another one.” Jiyeon said, which made Hana pout again.

 

“This is the first successful attempt, and it was ruined.” Hana said.

 

“You can do it again. Are you telling me that this flower crown would be the only one that you’ll make for the rest of your life?” Jiyeon’s brows were raised as a challenge.

 

“No… of course not!” Hana quickly responded.

 

“Then you can make another one.” Jiyeon said encouragingly as she leaned backwards, and looked up enjoying the view of the sky.

 

“Aren’t you going to help me?” Hana asked when she noticed that Jiyeon was probably zoning out now. The other girl looked at her and smirked.

 

“Uh… no. I don’t do flowers. But I’ll protect your flower crown.” Jiyeon replied. “I promise.” She added after the skeptical look on Hana’s face.

 

It took a couple more minutes before Hana sighed and started creating the flower crown. And then she pulled out her phone and texted the friend who accidentally swatted the ball towards Hana earlier and asked her to buy her some things. Her friend agreed immediately as she also doesn’t want to get in trouble for what happened.

 

“Why are you hanging out around here earlier? I thought you would be with your friends that were at the gym.” Jiyeon asked as she placed her phone back in her pocket.

 

“I am waiting for Maia.” Hana briefly answered.

 

Jiyeon doesn’t have any follow up questions, and just lets Hana do her thing while she’s waiting for her friend’s arrival.

 

Hana seems to be enjoying what she’s currently doing so Jiyeon made sure not to interrupt her or anything. She literally looks like a kid that was allowed to play outside. And she’s not going to lie, ever since their encounter earlier, the girl has been occupying her mind. She’s thinking about what it feels like to be in Hana’s inner circle of friends.

 

Before that encounter, she never really thought about Hana and her friends. You could say that she’s not interested in knowing them, not because they are snobbish or anything, but they are just out of her league. And all she wanted to do is to make sure that she would be scouted by any famous Korean Universities so that she could move out of her parent’s house.

 

Her thoughts were interrupted when a friend of hers texted her that she’s already near their spot.

 

“Hanaki, I’ll just get something from my friend. Stay here, okay? I’ll be quick, I promise.” Jiyeon informed Hana.

 

The latter was occupied by what she’s doing so she just nodded happily.

 

Jiyeon then ran towards her friend, and as soon as she arrived, her friend apologized over and over. Jiyeon just patted her shoulder and asked for the things that she asked to be bought earlier. She thanked her friend and paid for the items. She then ran back to where Hana was and thankfully she was not disturbed by anyone. She was also still creating the flower crown.

 

She slowly approached her and when she reached their spot, she knelt before her and gently called her name, “Hanaki…”

 

Hana looked up and gave her a ridiculously beautiful smile.

 

Jiyeon’s heart fluttered.

 

Oh no.

 

“Jiyeon-ah?”

 

“Huh? Oh… uhm… Hana… I brought something for you.” She then sat and crossed her legs in front of Hana and then took the things out of the bag that was given to her.

 

“What’s that?” Hana asked curiously.

 

Instead of answering immediately, she took out the first item that she asked her friend to buy. It was a plastic flower crown. “Here.” She placed the crown on Hana’s head and smiled at her. “Now you look like a real tree with flowers.”

 

“Yah! You’re really mean!” Hana pouted.

 

“I’m just kidding. I just want you to still have a flower crown even if you can’t finish that one.” Jiyeon pointed at the almost finished creation. “So… yeah. I bought that one for you.”

 

“Do I look cute?” Hana even placed two of her hands under her chin and smiled at Jiyeon widely. She’s clearly enjoying the flower crown that was given to her.

 

“That’s not all. I even brought a literal crown for you.” She then proceeded in placing the crown on top of the flower one which made Hana giggle. Jiyeon didn’t expect this positive reaction from her, but she’s glad that she thought about this. It was not too hard to think of things that could brighten up Hana’s mood. She’s easily entertained by almost anything cute.

 

“What are the ones left?”

 

“You’re greedy.” Jiyeon chuckled and showed Hana all the food that she bought for her. She also has some stickers that Hana can use since she knows that Hana was waiting for her friend. She thought that Hana would put those on her notebook, but instead she took two stickers and placed them on her cheeks near her eyes.

 

‘What a kid, really.’ Jiyeon thought.

 

Hana smiled widely at Jiyeon after she saw her face in the mirror. Jiyeon then took her phone out and captured a photo of Hana smiling.

 

“I’ll let you keep the photo if you post it.” Hana suddenly told her.

 

“Your wish is my command, Hanaki.” Jiyeon chuckled.

 

Jiyeon was scrolling through social media when she realized that Hana was being quiet. She looked up and caught her staring. Hana was just staring at her so she said, “What are you looking at?”

 

“You’re not a bad person.”

 

“What? You mean to say that you’re not sure if I’m a bad person but you hang out with me anyway?” Jiyeon asked incredulously. “You know that’s dangerous, right?”

 

“Psh, this is the first time that I hang out with a person outside my friends. So I’m not a reckless person that I am sure you probably think that I am. Besides, we’re still inside campus, and you saved me from Yuri.” Hana explained in full length while munching some of the jellies that she bought, that should’ve made Jiyeon laugh if only she was not reminded of the reason why they are hanging out right now in the first place.

 

“I’m sorry.” Jiyeon suddenly said and Hana looked at her skeptically.

 

Hana stopped eating and looked at her. “Why are you saying sorry? You didn’t do anything. You even bought this for me.”

 

Jiyeon sighed, as sat up straight. She can’t postpone this anymore. She just hopes that this would not blow her chance of keeping her friendship with the girl. “My friend… we’re playing tennis, and it accidentally flew in your direction. Yuri saved you from it. I’m sorry. I’m sorry if you almost got hit because of our recklessness.”

 

“Wait… what?” Hana was clearly shocked by the revelation, the food clearly forgotten. The real reason why Yuri stepped on the flower crown earlier was revealed and it dawned on Hana how mean she was to Yuri. “So that means— wait… so…”

 

At this point, Hana was just talking to herself, her guilt was eating her away. She was so harsh to Yuri earlier because she thought that she just wanted to ruin the flower crown. She always assumed the worst when it comes to her so she never stopped to listen to what she had to say.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me what really happened earlier?” Hana doesn’t have any energy to argue with Jiyeon anymore and she also doesn’t want to fight with her. She already made a mistake of not listening, and she won’t do it again with Jiyeon.

 

“I— I honestly thought that something else happened. And you asked me to take you away so I did… and I really want to make it up to you so I bought these things so that you won’t be that upset when I tell you the truth.” Jiyeon looked down after her lengthy explanation. She’s sile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter