6. Flower Crown

Persona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
FLOWER CROWN Chapter 6

 

────────── ♡❤♡ ──────────

HANA

────────── ♡❤♡ ──────────





 

Hana was minding her own business, scrolling through her phone as she walked down the stairs. Her friends were still inside the classroom, as they were still debating on which club they wanted to join. She was bored so she decided to step out of the room and go to the school grounds, because unlike everyone’s impression of her, she was not really into the whole fame thing. As much as possible, she would just want to go about her business without any onlookers. But she was born into one of the richest families in Korea, so living a quiet life is definitely not for her. Although her parents and her brother mostly shield her away from the media or paparazzis.

 

It was just like her mom Sana when she was still a student. Although a lot of people know her as the daughter of Sana and Dahyun, she rarely attends the social functions. It was a job that DoHyun stood in for her.

 

So it was not a surprise that Hana was being greeted by anyone, regardless of gender and age and she bows to them politely in response. She was used to it, and for Hana, as long as they respect her boundaries, she doesn’t mind getting friendly with them. She was always taught by her parents to always be polite regardless of who they are talking to. Not only because of their reputation, but because it’s the right thing to do. And she’s glad that although her parents are rich, they are the warmest people she knows.

 

She was happily looking around and enjoying the chirping of the birds, as she walked through the grounds. It was perfect for her. She smiled softly to herself, and took a deep breath in, savoring the peaceful aura. She was in no rush. There’s also a matter of not yet encountering Yuri today, and she was thankful for that. She still hasn’t decided on what to do next, and thankfully, her friends did not open the topic again. So she decided that she’d make the most out of it and forgot to text her friends her location. She thinks that if she wished for it hard, nothing would ruin her day.

 

Around her, there were a lot of students that were playing different kinds of ball games, some of them were just quietly sitting on the grass, while others were laughing loudly. There are also couples here and there, enjoying each other’s company. Some students are running around the field for no particular reason. And Hana has a hunch that they are just like her, wanting to feel the wind hit their face and brush their hair back. They have a vacant first week in this school year to decide the paths that they want to do for this year.

 

Based on the principal’s speech, the school wanted them to start using their decision making skills, and hoped that they would be able to determine the clubs that would help them excel and would let them broaden their knowledge about different fields. Something about preparing them for college as early as freshman year.

 

While walking around happily, Hana was convinced that her decision to stroll around the school grounds was the right decision at the moment. Her friends were being loud back there and she had some thinking to do. She continued to walk towards the big shady trees, but as she reached the middle of the field, she stretched both of her hands, closed her eyes as she faced the sun.

 

A couple of minutes later, she resumed walking and an available bench came into view. She sped up a little bit to get to the spot quickly, but she miscalculated her step, and she realized in a split second that she’ll fall face down on the ground, so she quickly closed her eyes and braced for impact. Give it to her to trip on flat ground.

 

And she fell hard. No, not in love. Onto the ground. Hard onto someone’s chest.

 

“Ouch.”

 

She was bewildered as she’s sure that there was no one in front of her not a second ago. She blinked and looked around to check if everyone’s eyes were on them before finally letting her eyes land on her unexpected savior. She leaned over the person, and was flustered to realize who she bumped into. She felt bad that the person obviously tried to stop her from falling but instead got pulled down because of her.

 

Hana was still speechless as Jiyeon gently pushed her so that she could sit up. She then pulled her up and started to dust her P.E. uniform. It looks like she was going to the gym. “You should watch where you’re going.”

 

“Sorry…” Hana checked herself for any scratches, and Jiyeon started to walk away as if nothing major happened. “Wait! You’re Jiyeon— right? I mean… basketball tryouts?”

 

Jiyeon has this uninterested look in her face, “Yes. What about it? Are you another fan of that Kim Yuri?”

 

“What? No!” Hana immediately answered, and groaned internally as she thought that Yuri would again ruin her mood without even being present.

 

Jiyeon squinted her eyes at her, “Aren’t you the one who helped her to the clinic?”

 

“Ah.. yeah. I am, but we’re not friends. Anyway, I— I’m sorry for the trouble. Are you hurt anywhere?”

 

“Uh…” Jiyeon checked herself too, who seemed to forgot about Yuri for a bit, and shrugged. Fortunately, she was also unscathed. “Nope, I’m all good.”

 

There was an awkward couple of seconds, as Hana thought that the girl would definitely walk out of here now, but then before Jiyeon cleared , “What are you doing here all alone?”

 

Hana hummed and looked around, a smile formed her lips, “Just enjoying the peaceful atmosphere.” Hana replied as she walked towards the bench that was still thankfully vacant, and slowly this time. She looked at Jiyeon who looked torn if she should follow Hana or just go on her own way.

 

Hana was contemplating if she should invite Jiyeon. First of all, even if this is not their first interaction, they never had any conversation before.

 

“Are you in a hurry to go somewhere?” Hana asked, not sure what to do next.

 

Jiyeon looked at her wristwatch and then looked back at Hana. “Not really.”

 

“Great!” Hana then walked back to Jiyeon’s spot and grabbed her wrist then pulled her towards the bench. She took a quick glance at the girl and she was clearly taken aback by the sudden contact. Hana giggled at her reaction.

 

When both of them reached the bench, Hana quickly sat on it, and looked at Jiyeon expectantly, then when the other was not moving, she patted the seat beside her and smiled at her widely.

 

Jiyeon looked around before sitting beside her, “I’m not sure what this is, but okay.”

 

Hana just giggled at the awkward girl. She was never awkward around people, and she normally just wants to be friends with anyone. Although she’s sometimes wary of them because of her family’s status.

 

“I think I know why people call you a walking sunshine.” Jiyeon suddenly blurted out a couple of minutes later.

 

“Huh? Never heard the others calling me that.” Hana responded, confusion evident on her face.

 

“Nevermind that then.”

 

“So… wait. People call me that?” Hana’s eyes widened with the late realization. “Do you call me that too?”

 

“That’s not what I said. I just told you that people call you ‘walking sunshine’. But I think I prefer calling you ‘Hanaki’ instead.”

 

“I’m not a tree!”

 

“You look like one though, and a clumsy walking tree at that.” Jiyeon laughed at her own joke, her demeanor far from how awkward she was a little while ago. Maybe it’s the Hana effect. Hana glared at her, “You’re invested in this, huh? It’s not as if I’ll get a chance to talk to you that much.”

 

“And why is that?” Hana asked.

 

“Because we’re not friends.”

 

“Oh… but we can be… friends?” Hana looked at Jiyeon sheepishly but also expectantly. How Hana does that, Jiyeon doesn’t know.

 

“Only if you let me call you ’Hanaki’.” Jiyeon said jokingly and looked away from the girl that’s giving her the puppy eyes.

 

Hana pouted, clearly not excited about the idea of someone calling her another thing that people can about. “Hmmm, I’ll think about it, because I’m too cute to be a tree.”

 

“Hanaki is cute!” Jiyeon complained.

 

“Cute like me?”

 

“The nickname is cute, not you though.” Jiyeon retorts.

 

Hana suddenly had a sad pout on her lips, which made Jiyeon panic internally, thinking that Hana might have felt insulted by what she said. If the stories were true, she’s always being treated like a princess not only by her friends but also by her family. And upsetting a Kim-Minatozaki was something that she would never dream of doing. She knows that the girl and her friends are not a bully, but she just wants to play basketball and make her parent’s proud of her. She doesn’t want trouble.

 

So she looked around for anything that might cheer the girl up. She even checked her pocket and bag, and a bright idea came to her. She picked up the Shiba keychain that looked like her pet dog and cleared .

 

“Ah… Hana—ah…” she softly called, making Hana look up to her, still having this sad pout, “Look at this puppy, isn’t it cute?”

 

“Hmp! No!” Now Hana has a pouty frown.

 

“What I mean is, I have a Shiba and their breed is cute.” Jiyeon paused and stared at Hana for a couple of seconds. “Wait a minute— did anyone tell you that you look like a Shiba?”

 

“A what? You called me a tree earlier, and now a dog?” Hana’s glaring at her now.

 

“No, look!” Jiyeon pulled out her phone and positioned her keychain beside Hana’s face then snapped a quick photo and showed it to Hana. “I’m not trying to insult you. And about my comment earlier, let's just say that when I saw you earlier, arms opened wide and facing the sun, I fully understood why people call you sunshine. You’re radiating. You’re just someone who brings light to anyone’s life. And I bet not even the night sky can dim your light.” Jiyeon felt embarrassed because of how she rambled trying to think of the right words so that Hana wouldn’t be upset anymore, and silently prayed that the girl would not be sulky anymore.

 

“What does that have to do with being a tree and a dog?” Hana rolled her eyes, “And you should be careful who you say those kinds of words to!”

 

Jiyeon’s eyebrows furrowed, not following what Hana said meant by that, her heart beating so fast because of worry, “Huh? Did I say something wrong? I know that I’m not good with words, but that was true. I’m sorry if—”

 

“That’s not what I meant. What I meant to say is that, if you suddenly say those things out of nowhere, there’s a big possibility that people will fall in love with you.”

 

Jiyeon was taken aback. “What? That’s absurd.”

 

Hana did not respond anymore but quickly took the Shiba keychain from her. “This is mine now, right?”

 

“Uh… ah.. Yeah.” Jiyeon was still baffled by what Hana said.

 

“Anyway, I need to get going.” Hana said as she stood up, “See you when I see you!”

 

Jiyeon just watched as Hana’s retreating figure became smaller and smaller, contemplating about Hana’s question if she wanted to be friends with her. Well, she’s not so bad for a princess.

 

───────── ⬦⬧⬦ ─────────

 

“Where have you been?” Jia had this concerned look on her face when Hana saw her. She must’ve been looking for her, and she just remembered to check her phone.

 

“I was just at the field.” Hana replied and looped her hand around Jia’s, and the worried look on Jia's face disappeared.

 

“Don’t go off alone without telling any of us where you are.” Jia replied, side eyeing Hana as they walked towards their friends and when they were near enough to them, she shouted, “I found her!” which made the rest of her friend’s heads turn to the direction of Jia’s voice.

 

Hana made a peace sign and stuck her tongue out at her friends who’s probably looking for her for sometime now. She was grateful for them for being protective and she’s lucky that she has such beautiful and caring friends. But she’s a free spirit and she sometimes just wants to wander around peacefully.

 

“So did any of you decide which club you’re joining?” Hana inquired.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter