13. Movie Night

Persona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
MOVIE NIGHT Chapter 13

 

───────── ♡❤♡ ─────────

DAHYUN (HANA's)

───────── ♡❤♡ ─────────

 

 

[Note: This might get confusing, so please just pretend that the two Dahyuns and two Sana’s are not having the same name.]

 

Dahyun was surprised when Yuri suddenly stood up and dashed over to the stairs, but she smiled when she saw that it was because her daughter was walking down it, with a bag in tow.

 

She looked at Sana with a smile on her face, and the gesture was reciprocated. She then kissed the love of her life by her temple before chuckling.

 

“Our daughter is so beautiful that Yuri was unable to stop herself from fuzzing over her.” Dahyun whispered to her wife, so that the two ‘friends’ would not hear them.

 

But even if Dahyun was smiling, she was not sure if she should be happy with it, she feels that the two are still too young to be in love, but she also knows that if ever it happens, she would not be the one to interfere, as long as they are good for each other.

 

“Of course, she looks just like me.” Sana responded with a giggle, and even placed both of her hands under her chin.

 

Dahyun smiled and pulled her wife closer, “Beautiful just like you.”

 

Yuri took Hana’s bag as they walked towards Hana’s parents.

 

“Ready to go?” Dahyun asked, as she stood up and helped Sana stand up too. “I’ll be driving you both, just tell your driver to convoy.” she told Yuri, and the kid nodded.

 

“Take care of the kids.” Sana called out as we reached the front door.

 

Dahyun hugged her and whispered, “You know I will. I love you, I’ll be back soon.” then kissed her on the lips, still with so much love and adoration even after all those years. “Can you believe it? It’s already the time where I bring our daughter to someone else’s house besides our friends?”

 

“It’s inevitable.” Sana replied while giving a quick glance at Hana and Yuri. “I’m a little sad, but you know what? I’m okay since I know that I’ll still have you even if our kids start to form their own world now.”

 

Well, DoHyun was definitely on his way to make a life for himself and for Mirai. And Dahyun is happy that DoHyun was a good kid, because she doesn’t want her friend’s daughter to be hurt, especially not because of her own kid.

 

Life is really passing by so quickly, but Sana’s right.

 

“Yes, baby. As long as we’re together, everything will be alright.” Dahyun replied, and kissed her again. “We need to go, I don’t want the other kids to see me and Yuri’s parents talking.”

 

When she turned around, she saw how Yuri opened the door for Hana and while still holding on to her things, making sure that she’s comfortable before walking around to enter the car too. She smiled at the gesture and appreciated how much Yuri is taking care of her daughter.

 

She hopes that whatever happens, these two would remain friends and that Yuri would continue being there for Hana.

 

This is the first time that Hana would be doing sleepovers at another's place, a house that was owned by someone outside of her usual circle. So even if she somehow trusts Yuri’s genuine care for her daughter, she still wants to make sure of it. She wanted to make sure that Yuri’s parents were good people to her daughter too. It was a good thing that Yuri’s parents agreed that she should talk to them about it.

 

They knew each other of course, given the years that they spent together while Yuri and Hana played. But it was always just fleeting, and they mostly know each other through their businesses. And even though their businesses are not really related to each other, they both respected each other.

 

She even knows where Yuri lives, because they hosted one of the parties that she attended.

 

But this visit is not about that, it is purely driven by her love for her daughter. This is the first time that she’s going to do this, because as mentioned, this is also the first time that Hana would have another set of friends. And she doesn’t know how other parents do it, but in her book, she should know the kid’s parents too.

 

It was different with DoHyun, since he always hangs out with Mina’s daughter. And she trusts Mina explicitly. Sure, she fuzzed over Dohyun when he got his first fight with his friends, but that’s so different since DoHyun is so much more strong-willed than Hana, not because he’s a boy, but Hana’s just built differently.

 

She often saw her friends huddling over her, hugging her, comforting her like she was their baby. And she’s glad to see that Yuri brings out the feistiness in her. She was sometimes shocked with the way these two were talking, it was as if she’s seeing a different kid. Yuri was not only able to help Hana a couple of times before, but now, she’s also helping Hana build her confidence. And she couldn’t thank the kid enough for that.

 

And now, the only question that remains in her head is how Yuri’s parents are.

 

Sure, she believes that Yuri would not turn out to be that kind if she doesn’t have good influences, but she needs to see it for herself.

 

After she entered the driver’s seat, she looked at the two kids at the back, talking animatedly, “Hana, baby, are you sure you didn’t forget anything?”

 

“Yes, ma! Everything’s good.” Hana answered.

 

“In case she forgot something, I’ll make sure to help her with it, I promise!” Yuri added.

 

Dahyun smiled at how attentive Yuri is with regards to her daughter.

 

“Okay, here we go.” Dahyun said as she started to drive out of their property.

 

It was at least half an hour drive from their place, and once they reached the place, she couldn't help but get amazed again by the vastness of their property. Then she remembered that the Kim Family is old money rich, unlike Sana’s family who just expanded here from Japan.

 

But still, it doesn’t mean that they are good people.

 

As soon as they reached the front gate, Yuri brought the window down on her side and the guard immediately bowed down to her, “My friends would be here in a bit too, I would send their photos later.”

 

“Understood, ma’am!” The guard saluted. “Good evening Miss Hana!”

 

Her daughter smiled at the guard and giggled, she must’ve not expected the guard to know about her.

 

“Your guards need to check our faces?” Hana asked the question that she wanted to ask.

 

“Yeah, it’s better to be safe. You literally can’t just walk inside without letting them know first. But you don’t need to worry about that, you’re already tagged as someone who can walk in and out of here without any problems.” Yuri explained as if it’s the most common thing in the world.

 

There were literal guards everywhere, and she saw how secure the place was.

 

When she visited the place before, it was even more secure but she thought that it was because of the party, and the prominent people around, but now that there were no special occasions involved, she could clearly see how they value their safety.

 

And Dahyun doesn’t know what to feel about that.

 

It’s either they are just being too careful, or they made so many enemies in the past.

 

That’s what she’s here to find out.

 

One thing that she noticed, the guards were not holding any guns, which is a good thing for Dahyun. But she knows that they are guards because they are patrolling the area. The atmosphere though, is not heavy. It was like they were just hanging out there, walking around the place.

 

She looked at Hana and Yuri who were coming out of the car, and her daughter seemed relaxed even if there are guards everywhere, which is another plus for her. She wants her daughter to be safe, but she also doesn't want her to feel threatened by the surroundings. She wanted her to have a good time.

 

Her thoughts were interrupted when a couple approached them, “Mrs. Kim! It’s so good to see you.”

 

“It’s nice to see you too, Mrs. Kim.”

 

“You can just call me Hyun, and this is my wife, Sana.”

 

“Hi! It’s nice to finally meet you.” Yuri’s mom said and bowed in front of her which Dahyun reciprocated.

 

Hana bowed in front of the Kims too, which made Dahyun proud, “Good evening ma’ams!”

 

“You must be Hana.” Sana said, and she opened her arms which made my little girl confused.

 

“Mom!” Yuri protested.

 

“What?” Sana asked innocently, but since Hana was not moving, she went towards my daughter and hugged her fiercely.

 

“I’m glad that I finally met you. Thank you for taking care of our Yuri.” Sana said.

 

Dahyun watched the exchange and her heart was immediately put at ease because of how much Hana was embraced by the family, literally and figuratively.

 

“You’ve grown to be a beautiful girl, Hana.” Hyun commented, then she looked at Dahyun. “I can’t believe that’s the little kid that our Yuri was playing with before.”

 

Dahyun chuckled, “Well, I felt the same when your daughter suddenly asked our permission to be friends with mine. It was so unbelievable.”

 

“They grew up beautifully.” Hyun looked at the two who were talking to her wife. “Anyway, l assume you wanted to talk? Let’s go to the study room, before the kids see us.”

 

“Babe, Dahyun and I would be going to the study room.” Hyun walked towards her wife and kissed her by the cheek before turning to Dahyun’s daughter, “You’re welcome here anytime honey. Please tell me if Yuri is misbehaving in any way, I got you.” she said before winking.

 

“And you, young lady. You better not besmirch our family.” Hyun warned but anyone can feel the humor in her words.

 

“Ma! I think you already did the besmirching before…” Yuri replied.

 

Hyun made a fake shocked expression. “Babe! Did you hear what Yuri just said?”

 

“Yes, babe. And I say, ‘deserve’.” Sana jokes, which made all of us laugh.

 

“Ahhh, so that’s how you wanted to play, huh?” Hyun crossed her hands in front of her chest.

 

“You know I’m just kidding, Ma.” Yuri said, hugging Hyun.

 

“Arrasseo, arraseo. We’ll be going.”

 

“Hana, honey. Just text me if you need anything, okay? Text your mom too, so she won’t worry. Bye, baby!” Dahyun said after she kissed her daughter goodbye. She knows that she will not be able to see her anymore once their friends arrive.

 

 

───────── ♡❤♡ ─────────

YURI

───────── ♡❤♡ ─────────

 

Yuri stood in the middle of the room, her arms crossed as she kept her eyes on her friends that were around the observatory, hanging up blankets above the windows and doorways to block out any light.

 

Her eyes had gone wide as she looked at Hana’s pouting face, hoping that Yuri would agree to what she wanted her to do.

 

“Come on, bro!” Charlee said with a smile waving the fabric in front of her.

 

“No,” Yuri said in her usual no-nonsense tone that was usually meant for instances when she really wanted to get the point across that she wasn’t going to do what they wanted them to do, at least not without a fight.

 

“But, Yuri… it’s our first sleepover, not to mention it’s super comfy and soft,” Hana said, trying to sweeten the deal so Yuri’s resolve would break down and agree. “It’s like a sleeping bag with sleeves!” She said leaning a little closer to Yuri with her pouty lips and expressive eyes that never once left her.

 

“Not a chance! You all never told me that this is what you’ve planned!” Yuri massaged her temple and glared at her supposed t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter