10. Exceptional

Persona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
EXCEPTIONAL Chapter 10

 

───────── ♡❤♡ ─────────

HANA

───────── ♡❤♡ ─────────

 

 

Hana barely remembers how she got back to her room last night. And when she woke up, Yuri’s already talking to her mom in their kitchen. She was about to run back to her room but her mom already noticed her and asked her to eat with them. She was unable to refuse since she didn't want to be rude in front of her parents. She decided to just talk to Yuri later.

 

“Princess, come here. Let’s eat. Yuri will eat with us too.” Her mom told her, and she reluctantly followed.

 

She thanked her mom for the food that she prepared and then asked, “Where’s oppa and mama?”

 

Her mom rolled her eyes, “DoHyun of course already went to Mirai’s house. You know how your brother is. I swear she was almost like a carbon copy of your mama, with her looks and the way she treats her girlfriend.”

 

Hana giggled, she doesn’t get tired of hearing her parent’s love story. Although it was a little heartbreaking at one point. Besides, it was all good now, since her mom already got all her memories back.

 

“Mama really loves you so much.” Hana commented, and her mom just smiled widely at her.

 

“And I am so lucky to be loved by her.” Sana replied then went towards her and kissed the top of her head. “And I hope that when the time comes, you’ll also find someone as good as your mother.”

 

Hana just nodded happily, because that’s her wish too. She almost forgot that Yuri was with them if her mom didn’t call her name.

 

“And Yuri, honey. I hope that you’ll be there for her when that time comes.” Sana even winked at Yuri which made Hana feel embarrassed because of the way Yuri’s mouth was wide open. “At least I’ll have someone I trust to be with my princess’ side no matter what. Friends are important even if you’re in a romantic relationship.”

 

“Mom!” Hana protested because it looks like her mom would start telling Yuri all about her marriage life. “We’re going to be late, if we don’t finish eating soon.”

 

“Hi baby!” Dahyun greeted as soon as she entered the room, she went towards her wife first and kissed her cheek before going towards Hana and kissing her head. Then Dahyun placed her hand on Yuri’s shoulder before sitting beside Sana.

 

“Eat! Eat! I don’t want you to be late for school.”

 

And now, here they are as Yuri helped her get in the car.

 

“So, you will be joining the Student Council with Jia?” Yuri asked Hana as she opened the car for her.

 

“Yeah, we’re meeting early today.” Hana responded in a clipped manner. “But before that, may I ask why you’re at our house that early?? Did you perhaps sleep here?”

 

Yuri scoffed. “Of course not. My mom would throw a fit if I did that. And why would I sleep here? I have a home.”

 

Hana internally sighed, then she remembered, “Then who brought me to my room?”

 

“Your mama of course. I can’t carry you. I think you’re so heavy, my back would hurt.” Then Yuri laughed so loud that Hana smacked her arm with the book that she’s holding.

 

“Ow! You are really violent no matter what time of the day it is!” Yuri protested.

 

“Serves you right!” Hana crossed her arms in front of her chest and looked at the opposite side.

 

Hana then was suddenly shocked by the next thing that Yuri did. She leaned her head against Hana’s shoulder and closed her eyes. “Yah! Am I a pillow?”

 

“Shhh. It’s the least you can do after you made me one last night.” Yuri said as she scooted even closer and comfortably adjusted herself without opening her eyes. She then crossed her arms in front of her chest and hummed in contentment.

 

The audacity!

 

Hana then racked her brain for what Yuri meant by that, and then she remembered how Yuri was consoling her, and concluded that she probably fell asleep as soon as the movie ended. Argh!

 

But she felt something different and nice because of the gesture. No one has ever leaned over her like this, not because they are not affectionate but because she’s always the one being taken care of, or being comforted.

 

She noticed that Yuri’s one eye was open, and when she was caught, she closed it again and pretended to sleep. Hana cleared and said, “Whatever.”

 

She saw Yuri smiling because of that and she couldn't help but smile too. It’s better to be like this than their constant bickering anyway. They remained in that position until they arrived at school. And as if on cue, Yuri lifted her head when they were about to come to a stop.

 

The parking lot was packed with students this morning and they were all in shock after they saw the two of them going out of the same car. It doesn’t help the fact that Yuna, Yuri’s little sister, came out of nowhere and clung on Hana’s arms.

 

“Unnie! Good morning! I was about to get angry when Yuri-unnie forgot about me, but since you’re the one she fetched, that’s okay.” Yuna happily told them.

 

“Good morning, Yuna.” Hana shyly replied. She didn’t know the sister’s dynamics, and she felt shy because she’s the reason why they are not going to school together. “Do you want us to walk you to your room?” Hana offered. It’s the least that she can do for the girl.

 

Yuna brightened up at that. “Yuri-unnie! I like Hana-unnie more than you already.” Then she stuck her tongue out.

 

Yuri just scoffed, “That’s fine. You can have Hana as your sister then.”

 

“Unnie! Adopt me?” Yuna then pouted towards Hana, making the girl giggle.

 

“Of course! I don’t have a younger sister, so that would be fun.” Hana replied.

 

“Ha! You thought!” Yuri teased.

 

The sisters continuously teased each other while Hana just smiled at their antics. She suddenly missed bugging her brother. She took a mental note to text her brother later today.

 

When they reached Yuna’s room, the younger girl’s friends instantly welcomed her but then they gasped as they noticed that Yuri was with her. The girls giggled and smiled at Yuri, who all seemed to have a crush on their friend’s sister.

 

“Hi girls! Take care of my baby sister, okay?” Yuri directed her request to them.

 

“Yes, unnie! We’ll do that, of course.” One of the girls responded. Hana was not sure if she should laugh or roll her eyes at the girl’s actions. Yuri seemed oblivious about their affection, or she knows but she just chose to ignore it. But then, Yuri had this grand idea of introducing her to the girls, “This is your Hana-unnie. She’s also Yuna’s friend, so if you saw her, you need to greet her too, okay?”

 

All of their jaws slacked as if not believing what they were seeing. What’s happening?

 

“Don’t believe her, she is unnie’s girlfriend.” Yuna commented.

 

“What? No! Yuna!” Yuri reprimanded her sister. Yuna's friends were still frozen on the spot, and then someone snapped out of it first and approached her.

 

“OH. MY. GOD. FINALLY!” The girl said. “We thought that Yuri-unnie will forever be single!”

 

“Oh, but we’re just friends.” Hana responded while waving her hand in front of her in protest.

 

“Okay that’s enough, girls. We need to go.” Hana held her wrist and pulled her away gently, but not before they heard the girls giggling loudly and laughing loudly.

 

“See! I told you, they are a thing!” Yuna proudly said.

 

I guess, I’ll just have to talk to her later.

 

“I’m sorry about that. They’re good kids, but they are like you.” Yuri said after a while.

 

“Like me?”

 

“Yeah, they live in a fantasy world.” Yuri scoffed.

 

Oh.

 

She still does, Hana must admit. But this time, she knows that not everyone agrees, but her heart still yearns for it. She knows that her soulmate is out there somewhere. And she would patiently wait for that person to arrive. She’s not in a hurry anyway.

 

Hana tried to remove Yuri’s hold on her, but somehow the girl just didn't want to let go.

 

“Hi Hana!” She suddenly heard Jiyeon’s voice behind her, but she was only able to wave towards the girl, because Yuri was still pulling her toward God knows where.

 

“Psh, you’re already together the whole day yesterday.” She heard Yuri mumble, but she’s not sure because it’s a little noisy now.

 

“What was that?” Hana tried not to be pissed because of Yuri’s attitude, but the latter didn’t answer. “Hey!”

 

“Do you want to be with Jiyeon?” Yuri suddenly stopped and faced Hana, her face unreadable.

 

“Huh? What are you saying?” Hana asked, getting confused.

 

Yuri gently let Hana’s hand go and bitterly said, “I know that I’m just forcing you to be my friend, and I’m sorry. I’ll let you be now. You can hangout with Jiyeon, or whatever.”

 

 

───────── ♡❤♡ ─────────

YURI

───────── ♡❤♡ ─────────

 

Yuri knew that Hana was just being kind to her, but she knew that she wouldn’t fully take her in, because who would? Someone like her who doesn’t know a thing about being a kid? Besides, they both have friends already, and she’s sure that Hana doesn’t need another one, especially like her. She didn’t listen to her head, because really wanted to be close to the girl who made her childhood. And now, she thought that she probably just needs to accept that.

 

“I’m sorry.” Yuri bowed her head down and slowly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter