12. Fuzzy

Persona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
FUZZY Chapter 12

 

───────── ♡❤♡ ─────────

HANA

───────── ♡❤♡ ─────────

 

 

Hana came to basketball practice for something very, very simple.

 

Well, mainly because this is closed off to other people, and no one would hang out here besides the basketball team. And since she’s close to Yuri, no one really minds it if she stayed there during practice.

 

Hana swears that it wasn’t because she wanted to see them play or whatever, that’s totally not it.

 

However, since she knew that Yuri would nonstop call her and when she realizes that she’s there, she was actually hiding herself in the bleachers, trying not to make a noise. She just wants to rest because she’s having major anxieties due to the upcoming election, and the fact that Yuri’s cousin was still not out of her mind.

 

She was minding her own business until she heard Yuri enter the place. Sporting her number seven jersey, the girl with the pale skin, long and beautiful hair who always sports the proudest smirk that Hana has ever seen in her life. She was greeted by her teammates, teeth flashing in the light that shone from the ceiling.

 

It’s not a secret that Yuri always takes photos of her and makes fun of her so she used that excuse to take pictures of her childhood friend. There were countless times that Yuri managed to piss her off because of it, but as time passed by, Hana was getting frustrated because Yuri looks cool in all of the photos that she took.

 

Hana knows that she’s just here to take her mind off things and it’s slowly working. She pushed the thought of the elections and Eunbi aside, focusing on the practice games that they are having.

 

Yuri’s really good, Hana could definitely see that even when she first saw her play, and now that she was focused on her movements, she can see how Yuri was able to streak across the court, and dodge the other players with ease, and Hana watched with transfixed eyes as she easily tossed the ball into the hoop, turning around with the same smirk that Hana had seen multiple times, laughing loudly.

 

And it made Hana proud of Yuri more, and she hardly noticed the faint pink tint that had grown on her cheeks as she watched and took more photos and videos.

 

But of course, secrets are eventually revealed at the end, and soon after, the practice comes to an end. She sighed as she also picked up her things and placed them inside her bag, she checked her phone and confirmed that she needs to get going because she has another meeting.

 

Then she felt that someone’s watching her, but when she turned around, she found an empty court since the players hit the showers or had gone off somewhere, so Hana just shrugged and continued what she’s doing, not noticing the approaching figure until she heard a voice ring out directly behind her.

 

“My instincts were never wrong when it comes to cameras you know,” says the voice, her tone a little teasing and intimidating. Hana shrieks, dropping her phone to the ground as she jolted back instinctively, and even moving away from the person, and when she turned around to face them—

 

.

 

It was Yuri. The girl that Hana had spent the past hour taking photos of. And Yuri was reaching down for her phone that was unlocked and opened in her gallery folder— .

 

“Yah! Don’t touch my phone!” Hana protests, lunging forward to try and snatch the phone from Yuri. But she was too late, not to mention Yuri’s reflexes. Yuri smirks broadly at the newly taken photos and videos of her tossing the basketball into the ring, and other photos that show her proud stance after scoring. Hana groaned in embarrassment, her face growing redder by the second, because she knew that she would be teased endlessly because of it.

 

“I said, don’t touch it!” Hana exclaimed after she finally grabbed her phone.

 

“Why were you taking photos of me?” Yuri was smiling slightly, “I must say, those photos are good.”

 

Hana shakes her head, “I-I was taking photos of everyone,” she stammers. She said as an excuse because there’s no way that Yuri would accept it if she says that it’s not her photos, when her jersey number is clearly shown.

 

She begins to walk away but Yuri stops her by holding her wrist gently. “Why do you look so embarrassed? When did you get here?”

 

“Argh! I’m not embarrassed!” Hana said.

 

“Yeah, you shouldn’t be embarrassed, you’re just mesmerized by my excellence, and it’s normal.” the girl boasts, smirking as she lets Hana’s wrist go so she could flex, obviously showing off. Hana rolls her eyes, attempting to hide the pink tinge on her cheeks. “I don’t mind if you take photos of me all day,” she added, putting her hand to her chin in thought.

 

Hana doesn’t look thrilled at the proposition. “I—I need to go,” she stammers again, backing up. Yuri’s smirk fell, and she looked almost crestfallen as she looked at Hana.

 

“Wait! Don’t leave!” she exclaims loudly, holding out a hand as if she was reaching for Hana’s. “You don’t have to go, I’ll be quick, I promise!” she adds, frowning.

 

Hana was contemplating if she should stay, as the sad look on her friend’s face made her feel absolutely terrible for thinking of running off, and bolting.

 

“I promise!” Yuri said as she ran off to the shower rooms.

 

Hana feels that she doesn’t have a choice so she just sighed and texted Yuri that she’s outside waiting. She doesn’t want to wait inside an empty gymnasium.

 

As she walked out of there, she saw June.

 

“Hi June! Why are you here?” Hana asked as she spotted the girl waiting outside. This is the first time that she’s seeing the girl outside of the Music club. She’s a little aloof and you’d think that she’s really snobby, but she’s not.

 

“Oh, I’m waiting for Seul.” June replied shyly.

 

“Seul? I think she’s still showering, she’ll be out soon.” Hana said, “Is it okay if I wait with you? I’m also waiting for Yuri,” Hana rolled her eyes at the mention of Yuri’s name, then added, “but I don’t want to wait inside.”

 

June just nodded and moved so that Hana could sit at the bench beside her outside the gym.

 

She received a text from Jia that the meeting was moved to the afternoon, so she texted Yuri not to rush anymore.

 

A few moments more of silence before Hana decided to break it.

 

“This is the first time that I’m seeing you here.” Hana pointed out, “Are you friends with Seul even before? Or did she do anything to you?” raising her eyebrow at her, thinking that the second question might be it.

 

“Uhm, no no, we’re good. I’m her girlfriend.” June replied while blushing.

 

Hana was in the middle of drinking water and almost choked on it. “G-girlfriend?”

 

June didn’t answer but just blushed at Hana’s outburst. She can’t wrap her head around what she just heard. She heard from her parents that relationships happen during highschool but it has been just a few days since they started their first year and June already has a girlfriend. She doesn’t want to pry but her curious self can’t stop asking. “Since when?”

 

“We were together for almost a year now.” June shared, not minding Hana’s questions. It’s not as if they are hiding it.

 

Hana was about to ask another question when Seul came out of the door.

 

“June, baby—” Seul excitedly exclaimed as she saw June, but then stopped in her tracks and looked at Hana whose mouth was hanging open.

 

“Hi, Hana!” she said after clearing , clearly shocked that her girlfriend and Hana are hanging out.

 

“Hi!” Hana waved back, then looked at June again, “I didn’t know you already had a girlfriend.” She excitedly said but maintained a low voice so as to not attract attention.

 

Hana always wondered what it feels like to be in a relationship, but even if she has many admirers, no one was able to catch her attention yet. And she feels like she’s still slow to learn about the details of relationships. And since being in a relationship crossed her mind a lot of times, she’s feeling excited for her friend.

 

“Uhm,” It was Seul who answered, then she chuckled, “We’re childhood friends, actually. We used to play together, and then I realized that… I’m falling in love with her.”

 

At that confession, Hana’s brows furrowed. What if June didn’t love Seul back? Does that mean that their relationship would be ruined?

 

“But…” Hana paused, thinking of her next question. “So, you just confessed like that? What if she hated you after?” she asked with genuine interest, looking back and forth from June to Seul.

 

“Who wouldn’t like this face?” Seul said, placing her finger posed in a gun under her chin as if making a point.

 

June rolled her eyes and pinched Seul’s side. “You’re being ridiculous again!”

 

“Anyway, we need to go, Hana! I think Yuri’s already done. I swear she showered like crazy in there. Now I know why.” Seul said and looked at her knowingly. She ignored the comment and even though Hana wanted to know more, she would not stop these lovebirds from spending their time together, so she would just ask June next time.

 

As soon as the lovebirds were out of sight, Yuri suddenly ran towards her, hair still dripping a little bit after showering. She still has her towel in hand, because she clearly rushed herself.

 

“Why didn’t you dry your hair?” Hana said and clicked her tongue as soon as Yuri reached her spot. Then she took the towel that Yuri’s holding and moved to Yuri’s back, gently drying her hair. “You’ll get sick.”

 

Yuri pouted, not happy that she’s being scolded, “I don’t want you to wait for long.”

 

Hana didn’t respond and just continued to massage Yuri’s hair. “I texted you that our meeting was postponed.”

 

“Hey, lovebirds!” Charlee shouted as soon as she saw the two arguing.

 

She approached the two with a big teasing smile on her face. Hana was still focused on drying Yuri’s hair, while Yuri shouted, “Yah! You still have a bead of rice on your cheek.”

 

She then used her phone camera to check it, then said to her in a straight face, “It’s reserved for my next meal.”

 

Both Hana and Yuri burst out laughing, while Yuri exclaimed, “What the hell?”

 

Tami and Jae joined them shortly after, and the group decided that they should just eat at the cafeteria. Hana checked her friend’s messages and confirmed that they were eating there too.

 

“How are you feeling, Hana?” Tami asked while they were walking to the cafeteria, referring to the election that’s coming up.

 

“We’re good, a little nervous.”

 

“I think there’s a big chance for all of you to win that. At this point both parties have almost the same popularity.” Jae assured Hana.

 

She was thankful that it turns out that Yuri’s friends were kind and goofy, and she’s glad that it was like her friends and Yuri’s merged in a short span of time.

 

Tami, Jae and Charlee walked faster than the two who were still bickering about Yuri’s wet hair, when they saw Charlee running up ahead like a little kid.

 

“You know, Charlee’s like the epitome of humor. Even if sometimes I don’t get her. When we were kids, I remembered seeing her running away when she heard sirens, regardless if it’s coming from the police car, ambulance or fire trucks, then she would come up to me and say, ‘Wooh! I thought I’m going to be busted!’” Yuri chuckled a bit as she took her towel from Hana’s hands. “And the old me thought that she’s running away from the ambulance and I asked her if she’s injured and she needs to be hospitalized."

 

Yuri clearly was walking through memory lanes, smiling from ear to ear. "You know what she told me?”

 

Yuri looked at Hana’s face while smiling from ear to ear, “She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter