A Celebration of sorts

SHINee One Shots and Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinki had given me an all-day pass to a park they were shooting at and I saw a young woman a few years younger than myself, with the group and they were doting on her and flirting with her. I wasn't jealous, not in the least, but I felt like I wanted to meet her. Well, I got my chance. Key eyes met mine in the crowd and he smiled and waved. He was next to say his speech which was about the environment and tree planting. I listened carefully before they went into a song and dance. The younger woman was tossed from member to member and danced with. I got a little envious but enjoyed the performance nonetheless.

Key came up to me after their performance with the young woman. He enveloped me in his arms and gave me a hug.

"Annyeong Crystal! How have you been?"

"I'm doing okay." I switch over to Korean at this point. "How are you?"

"Mm! You're Korean has gotten much better. I'm doing pretty well, are you enjoying the celebration?" Key asked his eyes meeting mine.  I felt the woman look at me as well.

"Yeah, I feel kind of weird being one of the only foreigners here..."

"Yeah sorry about that. It is really a Korean-only festival..."

"And Jinki still invited me...Jin's not going to be happy..."

"Oh he wasn't, he gave Jinki an earful when he saw you arrive..."

"I got him in trouble! Key!"

"Don't worry about it, Jin's cranky today anyway..."

"But..."

"But nothing, now I have someone for you to meet...Crystal, this is Genevieve, she's from Lithuania." Genevieve offered her hand to me and I gratefully shook it.

"It is such an honor to meet a fellow Shawol like myself..." Shawol? I looked at Jinki and he shrugged so I went with it.

"Genevieve she's our close friend...also a Shawol, but why don't you two go check out the food stands, I have to meet with the rest of the guys," Key said, in English, as he looked at me. Switching over to Korean.

"Crystal-noona, take care of her. She's a contest winner and we can't have her getting lost."

"Neh Kibummie, I will not let you down," I said bowing politely to him seeing his manager looking on from the corner of my eye. He bowed back and left us to join the rest of SHINee. I turned my attention to Genevieve.

"Hey, I saw a breakfast stand on the way here, did you wanna check it out?"

"Sure. I have to say it's relieving to hear someone speak English. I only know a little Korean so I was so confused when I came over here because I didn't know where to go...thank goodness that some Koreans know English. Otherwise, I would've been lost!" Genevieve said putting an arm around my back. Taken aback by her sudden action I looked at her and she put my arm around her shoulders. "We are Shawols, lets be friends...you seem awfully close to the guys?" Genevieve asked, her blue eyes meeting mine. I smiled and shrugged.

"Yeah, I met Taemin in a coffee shop, and from then I've come to know the guys pretty well...you can say I'm best friends with the group..."

"Oh, you are so lucky, what I wouldn't give to be in your position!"  I said as we entered the tent where the breakfast food was being served. The scents of vanilla and cinnamon, nutmeg, and the sugary batter hit our noses.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter