Unexpected

SHINee One Shots and Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I had been living in the states for a while now. Reunited with my daughter and family, I had found a good-paying job as a hotel receptionist. Life was good. 

When life is good, something unexpected usually happens and it throws you for a loop.  

It was a rainy, unseasonably cold late August evening. It was a boring Sunday night, all my arrivals had shown up, and I was just biding my time until I got off. My thoughts were on my daughter starting the 9th grade and my son entering the 4th. Time was passing by so quickly. Having just turned 35...the effects of aging had begun to catch up to me. 

I was a married woman, the promiscuity of my early and mid-twenties had come and gone. This was the life I chose and I wouldn't have it any other way. I glanced down at the coffee before, taking it into my hand and taking a sip from the hole in the top of the lid. The coffee leaving its distinct, bittersweet, earthy taste in my mouth with the hint of the hazelnut creamer I put into it. 

The automatic doors slide open causing me to look up and there, walking into the hotel before me, was Jonghyun, looking noticeably more mature and suave than ever. How was it that this man gets better looking as he gets older? I didn't understand it. He was 32 now, after all.

"Oh. My. God." This got his attention, he obviously recognizing my voice. 

His eyes met mine as a smile appeared on his features. Good grief, my heart was racing for the first time si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter