Girl in Trouble

Bad Feels Good
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     Much to her dismay, Seolhee wakes up to an empty space next to her. Baekhyun left. Last night, he slept next to her and the morning after, he's gone. Seolhee went to school that day with a slumped shoulder and stretched-down lips, completely disappointed to not be blessed by the sight of Byun Baekhyun after she wakes up. The weather today is nice but she's feeling otherwise, and it frustrates her because even the good sunny day cannot cheer her up.

 

     Seolhee sighs and grips on the straps of her bag. I just have to get through this week and not think of Baekhyun so much. 

 

     "Aaack-" Seolhee squeals when she suddenly got dragged into the football team's locker room while on her way to her class. "Baekhyun!" she exhales, taking in his look with his wet hair and plain white clothes.

 

     "Hi," he smirks, "My lips are all healed now." Baekhyun tilts his head and his lips before closing into her, slowly nibbling on her lower lip and softly sinking his teeth in between them. Seolhee closes her eyes and takes in his smell and the way they move their lips against each other.

 

     "Where were you in the morning?" Seolhee tries her best to compose the sentence after running out of breath. "I'm here now, aren't I?"

 

     He didn't answer the question.

 

     But it didn't matter that much because, in a second, Baekhyun is cupping the sides of her face and kissing her aggressively.

 

     "You ever tried it in a men's locker before?" Baekhyun, although knowing completely what the answer is, asks. "Wanna try?"

 

     Seolhee looks at the temptation before her. "But I have a class in like five minutes."

 

     Baekhyun remains silent, he stays still, looking intensely at Seolhee. "You're so unfair Baek. Stop looking at me like that." Baekhyun smiles a bit. "Okay." he says and leans into her neck, giving her short kisses on different spots. "Yah." Seolhee planned to complain but it came out as a moan.

 

     "Yes?" Baekhyun sends her a mischievous smile. That smile is all she needed to grab Baekhyun's face and bring his lips to her. "It'll be worth it, Seol."

 

     "Where have you been? You look like !" Chaeyoung worriedly asks when Seolhee attended the class 30 minutes late. "I'm so sorry I overslept." Seolhee lies.

 

     "Really? Were you up all night to study?" Seolhee nods, thankful that Chaeyoung provided the alibi for her.

 

     Though she's physically present, she spent the remaining hour of her media law class thinking about Baekhyun. His touches are breathtaking, soothing, and at the same time, alarming. Alarming because he has an explicable effect on her. Soothing and breathtaking simply because he makes her feel good; he knows where to touch and where to put pressure on.

 

     "Seolhee what are you doing? Ms. Min said we're having a quiz."

 

     Seolhee snaps out of her thoughts. "Quiz? What for?"

 

     "Today's lesson, duh."

 

     Seolhee hesitantly takes out her notebook. She wasn't listening throughout the class and she missed half of it. Despite her cold and sweaty hands, she tries to hide her nervousness and take the exam, guessing the most appropriate answers as the professor dictates the questions.

 

     I am screwed. Seolhee thinks as she writes down her answer, totally unsure of what the correct one is.

 

     13/30

 

     "Oh my god." Chaeyoung gasps. "What happened, Seong?" Seolhee can only groan and bang her forehead on her desk.

 

     "I" thump "Am." thump "So." thump "Stupid." thump

 

     Chaeyoung inserts her hand on her desk so the impact would decrease. She sighs, suspicious of what's making her friend like this.

 

 

 
 

     Seolhee puts her pen down and stares at the students playing on the school's field. Nothing calms her down like writing a poem on a sunny day. It takes her mind off things: like how her grades would surely go down after failing a short quiz, or like how she wanted to blame everything on Baekhyun but at the same time, she's yearning for more.

 

     It was probably due to all the pressure put on her ever since she was a kid that's making her want to get the hell out and fail all her exams. She's tired. Tired of being this perfect little girl.

 

     At this very moment, all she can think about is Baekhyun -- her escape. When she's with him, she's something else. She's not Shin Seolhee, the girl that every mother envies, the ace student, the one who can't fail. When she's with Baekhyun, she's just Seol.

 

     Baek. She texts Baekhyun, not really sure what to say next. She remains seated on the benches, under the sun, feeling the warm breeze against her skin with her eyes closed.

 

     "Hey, what are you doing here?" she hears a familiar voice and opens her eyes.

 

     "Just chilling, enjoying the sun. Did you eat already?" she asks the by who decides to sit beside her.

 

     "Mmhmm. What about you?"

 

     Seolhee shakes her head. "I don't have an appetite."

 

     "That's what I thought." the boy replies and hands her a box of strawberry milk and a burger. "Here, eat."

 

     Seolhee giggles at the gestures. "No, Suho, I swear I'm not hungry." Suho frowns. "Still, you have to eat or you're gonna get sick. Just take the food already, Seolhee and just eat it whenever you feel like it."

 

     Seolhee mumbles and okay and takes the drinks and food. "Thank you, Suho." she gives him a genuine smile and Suho smiles back. "Anything for you, my princess." 

 

     That is sweet. Extremely sweet. Exactly how Seolhee imagines her first love would be. That gesture, that smile, and even that neatly styled hair -- Kim Junmyeon is the perfect guy. "Is it working?"

 

      "Huh?" Seolhee looks at Suho in confusion.

 

     "Am I making your heart flutter?" Seolhee laughs at Suho's question. He's smiling like he's joking but they both know that it was a genuine question.

 

     "Why are you laughing? You didn't answer my question so I guess no? Alright, I'm gonna have to try harder then."

 

     "You texted me?" Seolhee feels her heart beating loudly against her ribcage upon hearing Baekhyun's voice. She just got out of her last class and Baekhyun's caller I.D. appeared on her phone at the most perfect timing. "Oh, it was nothing."

 

     Seolhee can hear loud sounds in Baekhyun's background. "Where are you?"

 

     "City Lights. You wanna come?" 

 

     "Can I?"

 

     "Sure. I'll wait for you here." Seolhee feels excited. Baekhyun sounds kind and gentle, almost like he's happy that she finally contacted him after weeks of having his number.

 

     An escape. This is what I need. Seolhee notes to herself before dumping her bag in her locker, leaving only her wallet and phone, and went straight to the club.

 

     Seolhee spends a minute or two before finding Baekhyun on the bar counter, leaning on it with a drink in his hand. She approaches the boy who's still wearing the same white shirt and ripped jeans paired with his white sneakers. He looks like a model, an extremely handsome one.

 

     "There you are." Baekhyun straightens his stance when he saw Seolhee walking towards him. Seolhee looks up at him with a racing heart. She tiptoes and places a kiss on his lips. Baekhyun couldn't help but smile. "You missed me already, Seol?"

 

     Seolhee doesn't answer, instead, she shyly smiles and looks away.

 

     She's been having a lot on her plate lately, and honestly, Baekhyun is one of them. Also ironically, he's also the one who can make her forget about all her problems.

 

     "One tequila for the lady, please." Baekhyun orders and pays for her drink. Seolhee's eyes widen. "Just try, you'll like it." Baekhyun says when he saw the worry in her eyes. 

 

     And Seolhee did. She may have liked it a little too much because all she remembers is ordering her third shot and Baekhyun holding her waist for support.

 

 

     "Seol, wake up. It's almost eight in the morning. Do you have a class today?" Seolhee couldn't quite make sense of what Baekhyun just said because of the pricking pain in her head.

 

     "Please close the blinds." she mumbles and tries to sit up, holding her head that she feels like could explode soon. Baekhyun stands up from her bedside and pulls the curtain to cover the light. "Oh my god."

 

     Seolhee feels her stomach churning and her head spinning, but she still tries her best to quickly stand up and go to the bathroom. Baekhyun's bathroom. She plops down on the floor and placed her head on the toilet.

 

     "Your alcohol tolerance is unbelievably low." Baekhyun almost chuckles when he sees the girl all messed up, puking in his bathroom. He holds her hair back so it won't get in the way. 

 

     "Nooo, get away from me." Seolhee says, embarrassed that Baekhyun is witnessing her having the worst hangover

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter