Wondrous and Short-lived

Bad Feels Good
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     "Bye Seol." Baekhyun gives her a peck on the cheek in front of Sehun and Chaeyoung, not really caring about how the two would react. He goes out, completely ignoring her friends who are frozen in their spot.

 

     "YAH!" Sehun shouts at Seolhee and hovers on her back. "YAAAAH!" Chaeyoung screams and slams the door behind her. Seolhee struggles with Sehun's weight and is also screaming. "STOOOP! YOU'RE SO HEAVY YOU PIG!" Sehun ruffles Seolhee's hair madly.

 

     "What were you doing with Baekhyun? We didn't raise you to sleep with guys like him. We didn't, right Chae?" Chaeyoung agrees and gets on Sehun's back, increasing the weight on Seolhee, making them fall on the ground.

 

     The three groans from the impact and finally gets off Seolhee."What. Were. You. Thinking? I thought you were gonna stop!"

 

     "I TOLD YOU I NEEDED YOUR HELP!!!! AND WE DID NOT HAVE . I SWEAR ON SEHUN'S BALLS!" Seolhee slowly stands up.

 

     "WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU SWEAR ON MY BALLS?"

 

     "YOU DIDN'T- WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DIDN'T? DON'T YOU DARE LIE TO ME SHIN SEOLHEE."

 

     "OUT OF ALL THE THINGS, WHY WOULD YOU SWEAR ON MY BALLS?

 

     "OH MY GOD SHUT UUUUUPP!! SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UUUUUP!" Seolhee screams at the top of her lungs, finally ending the total chaos that they are in. Seolhee feels exhausted and she is already panting. She sits down on her couch and invites the two to do the same.

 

      "Is everyone finally calm? Can I talk now and explain?" the two nod and proceed to listen to Seolhee with a tinge of doubt that what she's saying is true.

 

     Chaeyoung is extremely uncertain whether she would believe that Baekhyun spent the night without sleeping with Seolhee. After all, they already did it once (at least that's what she knew) and it's not impossible for them to do it again. And knowing Baekhyun, he's not the type to hold back. Sehun on the other hand, has his jaw drop from all the new information that he's getting.

 

     "So Suho hyung finally confessed to you?" he asks. "You knew?!" Seolhee replies in disbelief and gasps when she saw Sehun and Chaeyoung nod. 

 

     Seolhee leans back on her couch and thinks. So Suho really likes her and she feels compelled to like him back just because almost everyone (including her) is saying that he's the one she deserves. But Baekhyun... oh Baekhyun. He seems to be opening up to her more and she feels like she has a chance with him.

 

     "Stop it with Baekhyun, Seolhee. You know he's bad news." Sehun's face is not serious, he's sincere about what he's saying. He knows about Baekhyun's reputation; they all do. Baekhyun leaves girls like spoiled food when he's no longer satisfied with them and that's not a secret.

 

     And to think that his next target is Seolhee is just absurd. It needs to be stopped or else Seolhee is the only one who'll suffer.

 

     "I know," Seolhee mumbles. But maybe... just maybe... Baekhyun can like me back. "You know he doesn't really like you, right? He's just here for ." Chaeyoung says. Well, there goes my hope.

 

     "But what if he does?" Chaeyoung sighs at Seolhee. "No what ifs, Seolhee. Stop it. You're not in a movie, you can't make that man fall in love." Sehun says with a stern voice. "Protect yourself over everything else," he added with an almost pleading voice. "And I'm not saying that you should choose Suho hyung but he's obviously a better choice than him." Chaeyoung nods in agreement.

     The talk with her two friends never left her mind. Of course, they would prefer Suho. If she's in their shoes, she would prefer him to; the problem is that she couldn't bring herself to like him the way she wanted to.

 

     "Seolhee-ah, should we get some coffee after school?" Suho asks when he finally catches up with her after seeing her walk inside the gates of the campus. Seolhee is surprised to see Suho approaching her so casually like nothing happened days ago.

 

     "You aren't mad at me, Suho?" she anxiously asks and looks up to Suho who's walking beside her. "No, I'm not. I'm not your boyfriend and I don't have a say on what you do with your life," he explains and shakes his head. "But as your friend, I really advise you to stop with what you're doing."

 

     Seolhee sighs. "I know. Everyone's been telling me that lately."

 

     "You're only gonna get hurt."

 

     "I know." she says softly as if already giving up.      

 

     That evening, after her last class, Suho is waiting for her by the door. "Hi, how was your day?" Seolhee immediately groans. "Uggh, it was sooo tiring. Mr. Park wants us to submit a 5-page paper that's due on Friday! That's freaking 4 days from now and I still haven't started my readings for his class yet."

 

     Suho smiles at her story. He likes it when Seolhee is being herself around him, ranting and expressing her frustrations. "Should we skip our date then? So you can start on the readings already?" 

 

     Seolhee looks at Suho. A date? Of course, what else was she thinking? Suho would not have invited her only as a friend, he likes her. "No. It's okay, plus I'm craving iced coffee!" 

 

     Seolhee and Suho decided to go to a coffee shop just around her house so she can just walk home and Suho would not have to worry about her if she refuses to walk her home. "If you want, you can start your reading here. This place is so cold for studying." he says as he looks around the dimly lit room, yellow lights are soothing them as they drink their coffee.

 

     "Really? Wouldn't that be rude?" Seolhee asks and Suho chuckles. "No, of course not. Go on and read so I can admire you while you're studying." Suho says sweetly, making Seolhee shy for a second.

 

     As promised, Suho kept quiet the whole time, looking at his phone from time to time and even taking a picture of Seolhee with her eyebrows furrowed in concentration. Suho opens his Instagram account and added the picture to his story and then tags her in it, smiling to himself.

 

     "Urrghh, Foucault is so hard to understand I don't know why we're even studying him." Seolhee tugs on her hair and brings down the thick copy of her reading. "I don't care about the panopticon, I am not a philosophy major for goodness sake. What am I supposed to put on my reflection paper with this piece of trash?" 

 

     Suho laughs at the frustrated girl. "We had that last year. Do you want my advice?" Seolhee immediately looks up to nod her head. "Mr. Park likes it when you relate the readings to our current situation today."

 

     Seolhee's face lit up and smiled. She watches him as he speaks. "I recommend you watch The Truman Show and know more about Edward Snowden. You can get more idea about how panopticism exists until now." Seolhee gasps. "You are such a genius! You're the best." she gives her two thumbs up and laughs.

 

     Suho's heart swells at the sight. Seolhee looks so beautiful especially when she smiles. So beautiful that he wants to hide that smile from the rest of the world. But then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter