The Law of Universal Gravitation

Bad Feels Good
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     Seolhee first saw Byun Baekhyun on a cold evening. He's leaning towards the waist-level wall of the school's rooftop. He is smoking a cigarette. It is prohibited but of course, he's the Byun Baekhyun. No one expects him to follow the rules. She hears a lot of stories about Baekhyun. She hears stories about seeing Baekhyun smoke weed in a dark alley behind the school buildings. Some say he has slept half the girls' school population. She hears rumors about him secretly dealing drugs around the campus. Maybe he even killed someone. Who knows the truth? Baekhyun is a mystery. Nobody can figure him out. At least no one has gotten close enough to him to figure it out.

     It was a brief moment of seeing Baekhyun. He didn't even budge when he heard the door of the rooftop open. He just stared into oblivion, putting the stick on his mouth and inhaling the particles of nicotine that got him hooked to smoking. His shirt was ed down to his chest, exposing his collarbone and toned chest. Seolhee silently walked towards the other side of the rooftop until she reached the left corner where she left her notebook binder during lunch.

     The second time she saw Baekhyun, he was making out with Jinri beside the school canteen one afternoon. Seolhee accidentally took a turn while running late for class when saw Baekhyun with the girl whose arms were wrapped around his neck. She looked down and turned back, thankful that they didn't notice her.

     The second, third, and fourth times that she saw Baekhyun was in the hallway. Baekhyun is a year older than her. He's already a graduating college student while Seolhee's still a third-year.

     Unlike Baekhyun, Seolhee attends all her classes. It makes her anxious if she even missed a class. She's put up this standard on herself that she has to graduate with honors or else she'll disappoint herself. She never goes to parties during the weekdays because she doesn't want to wake up late for class. In other words, she's just a typical straight-A student.

      Baekhyun, on the other hand, rarely finishes a whole day in school. He'd always either disappear after the first three classes or attend the last three classes. Baekhyun is rarely seen inside the classroom but he has this subtle way of making his presence known. For starters, he's hot. Another one, he dresses like he's on his way to ruin your life. He can wear a simple shirt and pants, he tucks it in and he immediately attracts everyone.

     Baekhyun has this strong aura that turns everyone's head. He makes women drool and men jealous. He rarely even speaks but he's the talk of the town. Almost everyone's aware of the Byun Baekhyun. Dark hair, fierce eyes, kissable lips, slender hands, and even his ear moles. Every student can recognize him at first glance. 

     Seolhee has always been aware of Baekhyun's reputation. To be honest, she wasn't impressed with it. She thinks he's wasting his life and that's the last thing she wants to do with hers. However, she somehow gets all the girls who are head over heels for Baekhyun. He's a fine-looking man and she would have liked him as well if he was more... decent.

     She doesn't really want to associate herself with someone like Baekhyun until one day...

     Seolhee is on her way home one night when she heard a commotion just beside the school. "ing !" she heard a man say and then heard a grunt. Someone just got punched. Seolhee stopped in her tracks and slowly peeked at the alley. There were at least four guys in there. She couldn't see clearly because it was almost dark. But she is sure that they are ganging up on one guy who is now sitting on the floor.

     "Touch my girl again and I'll make sure you won't live another day." Seolhee flinched. The voice was cold and harsh, and he speaks like he really meant it. The man on the floor chuckled. "I told you, she was the one who initiated it," he slowly stands up, facing the three guys and then staring at the one in front of him. "She wouldn't have if you satisfied her." That's Baekhyun. Seolhee immediately recognized that voice because Baekhyun's voice is really distinctive.

     The guy threw one punch at Baekhyun but he immediately returned the punched on the guy's jaw. Seolhee took a step back. But he's outnumbered, she worries. She didn't think twice before fishing her phone out of her pocket and plays a police siren sound effect from Youtube. She heard the guys rumbling and cursing. She quickly turned her back and pretended that she's walking away. She was thankful that the guys ran the opposite way because they would have heard the sound coming from her phone.

     When they were finally gone, she took a deep breath. She starts walking back towards the alley to find Baekhyun sitting on the floor with his back leaning by the wall. One arm is resting on his raised knee while the other is on the floor for support. "Are you okay?" she hesitantly asked.

     She is walking towards Baekhyun slowly. He looks scary. "What the hell do you want?" Baekhyun groaned. "Are you okay?" Seolhee repeats and is about to reach her hand out to Baekhyun when he harshly shoved her hand. "I asked what the hell do you want?" Baekhyun faced the girl, looking at her with an intense glare. Seolhee flinched again. She stood straight in silence.

     "I... I was just passing by... a-and I thought you uh... need help?" Baekhyun chuckled as he did a while ago. "Well I don't. So go."

     Before taking a step back, Seolhee debated with herself. Baekhyun wants her gone so she should go, but can he go home at this state? He is beaten up really badly. His eyes are almost swollen and his lower lip is bleeding. He has bruises on his cheek and forehead. "Go!" Seolhee winced at Baekhyun's loud voice. She looks at him one more time but he's already staring down.

     Without a word, Seolhee walks away. She sighs. He couldn't even thank me. 

 

     The next day, Baekhyun arrived at school with his bruised face. It wasn't an unusual sight to see. Baekhyun has appeared in school with his face all beaten up for quite a few times already. What's unusual is how Seolhee witnessed how Baekhyun got those wounds. She ached at how Baekhyun must have felt with all those in his face.

     "What are you thinking?" Chaeyoung, her friend, wrapped her arms around Seolhee's shoulder as they walk towards the cafeteria. "I have to tell you something. But I'll tell it later." Seolhee said and Chaeyoung frowned. "You could've just said that to me later then! Now I'm curious and you know I won't stop until you tell it to me."

     Seolhee sighed. Yes, she knows how it would bother Chaeyoung and she would end up bothering Seolhee until she tells her about it. She looked at the pink-haired girl. Chaeyoung is a girl with a free spirit. You can judge it by her hair; which changes every 2 months because she gets tired of it easily. Seolhee dragged her under a shaded area by a large tree and they sat down.

     "I saw Baekhyun get beaten up yesterday," Seolhee whispered. Chaeyoung gasped, it's a juicy gossip and she lives for the gossips. "For real? Where?" Seolhee pointed in the direction where she saw Baekhyun. "Just outside there. There were at least three guys, the other one is saying that Baekhyun touched his girl." Chaeyoung gasped again, covering with her hands. "Okay, okay I'm listening." she excitedly says and then Seolhee proceeded to tell what happened.

     "I can't believe you approached Byun Baekhyun like that!" Chaeyoung laughed and Seolhee doesn't know if it was a good thing or a bad one. "What do you mean by that?"

     "There are only two kinds of people who talk to Baekhyun. One," Chayoung lifted her pointing finger up and says, "Those who wants to fight him, and second," she made a peace sign, "Those who want to sleep with him."

     "Are you serious? I was just helping him, but he's so rude."

     "What do you expect? He's thank you and let you walk him home? What's this, a fairytale?" Seolhee groans at her friend and rolls her eyes. "You don't have to be so mean about it!" she whined. "And you don't have to worry so much about Byun Baekhyun not thanking you. You should've expected that from him."

     Seolhee just couldn't take her friend's advice seriously. She's bothered by how Baekhyun seems to hate her and if she's being honest, she'll call herself a people pleaser. She just can't stand it when she feels like someone doesn't like her. She feels like she wants to do something about Baekhyun but she doesn't know how. She feels like she'll get hated on even more if she ever approaches him again.

     That evening, her classes ended at 5. Her mind is occupied by Baekhyun and she hates it. She couldn't even get a good sleep last night because she worries if Baekhyun gets home safely without passing out on the sidew

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter