Forever From Now

Bad Feels Good
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     That evening, when Seolhee decided that she wanted to stay over at Baekhyun's until the school ends, he didn't hesitate to say yes. The same goes for how he immediately obeyed when Seolhee asked if he could get some stuff for her back at her apartment. He did. And when he got back, Seolhee noticed that he was unusually quiet.

     "Are you okay, Baek?" Seolhee looks up from the table as Baekhyun lies on the couch in front of her. "Yeah, why?" he replies in a whispering manner.

     "Nothing. It just seems like something's bothering you. Are we okay?"

     Baekhyun sits up. "Us? Yes, of course. Why wouldn't we be?" Seolhee shrugs and gives him a smile. "Nothing, I'm just worried."

     "About what? About us?"

     "Yes,"

     Baekhyun's heart drops. "Why? What are you worried about?" While he's speaking he's moving to the floor to sit across Seolhee by the center table. "Baek, I just think that..." she takes a deep breath. "When I look at you, I just don't see the now, do you know what I mean? I also think about the day after, a few years after, about what would happen to us,"

     "What do you think would happen to us?"

     "I don't know, Baek. What do you want to happen to us?" 

     When Baekhyun fell silent, staring at the floor, Seolhee takes a deep breath, trying to hold in her tears. "Do you see me in your future, Baekhyun? Is there any place for me in there?"

     Now, Baekhyun was established as the go-with-the-flow kind of guy, but it would be a lie if a future with Seolhee hasn't once grazed his mind. He thinks about it every now and then, but he doesn't even have a plan for his future, what more with her in it? He's afraid. He's terrified that he would ruin it for her. Of course, he wants to do better. Seolhee deserves better and he wants to do that, but is that the life that he wants for himself?

     "You can't even answer a simple question, Baek."

     "I'm sorry. You just caught me off guard. I love you, Seol. All I know right now is that I don't want to lose you,"

     "You know what? Why can't we just pause this conversation and just talk about it after the exams?" Seolhee asks and Baekhyun nods. His agreement now feels like something he shouldn't have done because they went to bed silently that night. 

     But it continued creeping to the both of them, that night was pushed to the back of their minds but it never left. Instead, it grew, until they realized that the words left unspoken should have been addressed, should have been talked about. The emotions they had should not have been kept as secrets, it should have been shared and communicated well. But even if they did, there was no assurance that it would end well. But they would have saved themselves from a lot of hurts and wasted time.

 

And when graduation comes and they still haven't talked about it, it felt like they have an invisible burden that neither of them wanted to address.

     "Congrats, Mr. Byun," Seolhee smiles and gives him a hug. Throughout Baekhyun's college life, it has never occurred to him that he would come to this day when he finally finishes. If he would look back, Seolhee came to his life in rather perfect timing as he was actually about to drop out and just make music somewhere or something, throw his life away. Seolhee gave him the reason to attend school, stupidly, as he admits it, just to get a glimpse of her sometimes. And sometimes he would purposely, and at the same time, subconsciously let himself be seen by Seolhee so she can bother him. He didn't like it at first, obviously, but her absence is really something to miss.

     "Thank you Ms. Shin." Baekhyun smiles back at her and willingly accepts the short kiss on his right cheek. "Hey!" Chaeyoung holds up her polaroid towards Seolhee and Baekhyun. Instinctively, Seolhee holds up a peace sign and laughs while Baekhyun took the moment to look at her. Chaeyoung captures it at the right time and gives the film to Seolhee. 

     Baekhyun, along with Seolhee's friends decided to celebrate for a barbeque that night. Chaeyoung and Sehun were joking at first that the graduates should pay

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter