Dynamism and Desecration

Bad Feels Good
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     Seolhee is absolutely convinced that she wants to know more about Baekhyun. She never really used to meddle with other people's business but Baekhyun may be an exemption.

     It was lunchtime when she saw Baekhyun walking outside.

     "Hey, guys?" she called Sehun, Suho, and Chaeyoung and they all looked at her. "I forgot I have to help a junior on her assignment, you can go on and have lunch without me, okay?"

     Everyone nodded in understanding, mouthing an 'okay' and reminding her to eat her lunch too. It wasn't new for Seolhee to offer help to students for free. She always does it during her free time so it was a believable lie. When her friends turned around, she quickly went in the opposite direction, towards where Baekhyun is headed. She walks outside and follows him on the school grounds where there were not a lot of students; only one group of students who are playing volleyball.

     "Baekhyun!" she called. Baekhyun turned around and saw the same brown-haired girl with her doe-eyes, smiling at him. He quickly continued walking, wishing he just pretended to not hear anything. He really didn't want to be disturbed.

     Seolhee frowned when Baekhyun ignored her. She runs to catch up with him and when she finally reached Baekhyun's side, the man stopped walking. He sighed and put his hands on the pockets of his washed denim jeans. "I'm going to ask you one last time. What the hell do you want?"

     "Have you eaten yet?"

     "Answer my question." says Baekhyun.

     "You didn't answer mine either." Seolhee tilts her head, looking like she's challenging Baekhyun into something.

     "I asked first." he replied with a stern voice. Seolhee didn't budge, making Baekhyun sigh. "No, I haven't eaten yet. Now get out of my sight or I swear to god-"

     "I want to have lunch with you! There, I answered your question. Let's go?" Baekhyun scoffed at the girl's boldness. She was about to grab Baekhyun's hand when he harshly shoved it away. Seolhee took a step back.

     "Watch ooout!" a student shouted from afar and the next thing Baekhyun knew, Seolhee is laying on the ground with a bleeding nose. Baekhyun, who doesn't know what to do, freezes on his spot. The students rushed to the girl and helped her sit up. "Oh my god noona, I'm so sorry!" he offered a handkerchief to Seolhee. She took it and carefully damps it to her nose.

     Baekhyun watches as Seolhee gets towered over the volleyball players and he sees this as an opportunity to set himself free.

     "It's Seolhee sunbae! You idiot if she breaks her nose, it's your fault."

     "You think I don't know that?" the other boy glared at him.

     Seolhee quickly notices how Baekhyun started walking so she got up, assured everyone that she's okay, and ran towards Baekhyun.

     "Baekhyun!" this time, Baekhyun groans, completely annoyed at how the girl wouldn't leave him alone. He's about to walk faster when Seolhee grabbed his arm, this time, she clutches his sleeve; this is when Baekhyun knew something was wrong. He looks at Seolhee and notices that she looks pale, like she's about to pass out.

     Seolhee felt dizzy when she suddenly stood up after the fall. And due to her bleeding nose, her sight started to get spotty. "You are a pain in the ." Baekhyun grunts and holds Seolhee's arm for support. He walks her to a bench and sits beside her.

     Baekhyun looked around to check if there were students around to see him because the last thing he needs right now is a rumor that he's dating a girl he barely even knows.

     Seolhee continued on damping the handkerchief to her nose until there was no blood left.

     "Thank, Baekhyun. Baek- can I call you Baek?" 

     "We're not friends." Baekhyun stands up and walked away.

     Seolhee helplessly watched him disappear from her sight. Even his walk is cool. She whines.

 

     That night, Seolhee lays awake on her bed, staring at the ceiling and thinking about Baekhyun. Usually, people who are good at academics at recognizing their emotions. But that's not the case for Seolhee. In fact, she's very aware of the fact that she might like Byun Baekhyun.

     The thought of knowing Baekhyun, despite his mean attitude towards her, can almost drive her mad.

     Baekhyun is like a temple. An unholy temple. An unholy temple that she wants to get into. He's like the Ark of the Covenant and getting inside might be desecrating, but she's willing to burn in hell if that's the only way to know more about Baekhyun.

     Her sudden interest in Baekhyun is also intriguing for her. Just months ago, she thinks that Baekhyun is a good-for-nothing spoiled brat who always gets what he wants. Don't get her wrong, he still is. But Seolhee is seeing Baekhyun in another light -- not in a way where she expects that there's something good in Baekhyun, (she knows there is) but he excites her. He's different, a polar opposite of her, and she thinks that it's about time to explore something new in her life.

 

     On a Wednesday morning, a freshman student asked Seolhee if she could tutor her after school. Seolhee agrees without hesitation and schedules a tutoring session at the library after school.

     Seolhee enjoys teaching the younger students. If she's being honest, it makes her feel good, and even if Phoebe Buffay tells her that's a selfish selfless act, it's okay for her. She helps people and she helps herself feel better.

     They finished at 6 when the sun is about to go down.

     "Thank you sunbae! Get home safely!" the junior said and bowed at her. Seolhee said her goodbye and waved at the girl.

     She leans on the school's gate and sighs, tired after a long day.

     A sound of a revving engine suddenly catches her attention. She leans forwards and sees Baekhyun on his motorcycle on his way out of the campus. She smiles.

     "WHAT THE ?! I COULD HAVE RAN OVER YOU!" Baekhyun shouted when he saw Seolhee on the entrance with her arms and legs spread out. She's smiling like an idiot.

     "Hi Baekhyun! Where are you going?"

     "Away from you." he said and started the engine again. "Are you going to Minseok oppa's party? Because I'm going there too. Can you give me a ride?" She really planned not to go because she's too tired after tutoring. Plus, she has an assignment to finish. She heard about the party this morning and assumed that Baekhyun was going too because he's always present at parties. 

     Baekhyun scoffed. How did she know I'm going to Minseok's party? Before he knew it, he felt a weight behind him. Seolhee is already climbing up to his motor. "I didn't-"

     "Lets go~!" she cheers and holds on to his denim jacket. Baekhyun sighs as he finds himself powerless over Seolhee's persistence. He's left with no choice but to drive her to the party.

 

     Why did she even come when she's just going to sleep? Baekhyun thought when he noticed Seolhee asleep on the couch. The party is playing loud music and the people around her are extremely noisy, yet she's still asleep. Baekhyun finds it amazing that she can sleep through all that.

     When he's about to get another drink, a man sat beside Seolhee. Baekhyun decided to silently observe a little bit longer.

     The big guy whispered something to Seolhee and Baekhyun finds it odd because she's asleep. The guy leaned away and leaned in again. But this time, his lips touched Seolhee's neck, alarming him. Baekhyun quickly made his way on the couch and stood over them.

     "What's your problem, man?" the guy, annoyed, looked up at Baekhyun.

     "What's your name?" Baekhyun asked with gritted teeth.

     "Why?"

     "Answer the question."

     "Namjook." the guy stood up in a swaggering manner, leaning his face close to Baekhyun.

     "Namjook. Touch this girl again and I swear you'll see me in hell." Namjook laughed. "This girl? Why? She your girl?"

     "No. But she's sleeping and you're acting like a erted maniac." When Namjook chuckled, Baekhyun felt his blood boil. ing annoying. He muttered and threw a punch at Namjook's jaw. The guy quickly recovered and punched Baekhyun back, causing his lips to bleed.

     Seolhee woke up with the sound of screams around her. Then she sees Baekhyun and a stranger throwing punches at each other. She gasps and stands up, getting in the middle of them. In her defense, she just woke up and she still isn't fully aware of what she's doing.

     Namjook roughly pushed her away, causing her to hit her hips on the corner of the couch's armrest before falling down the floor. Everyone gasped and Baekhyun stopped. He clenches his fists around Namjook's shirt. "Don't show your face to me again if you still want to live." he warns and pushed him.

     Baekhyun helped Seolhee stand up and dragged her out of the house by her arm.

     "Baekhyun, what happened? I was sleeping," she said on their way out. "Yeah, I noticed." Baekhyun sarcastically replies.

     He climbed up his motorcycle without a word. "Get on," he says. "I'll take you home. Just get on."

     Seolhee noticed the annoyance on Baekhyun's tone so she obeyed. "Baek I'm sorry."

     "Stop calling me that. We're not friends." he remarked.

     Seolhee sighs and sits silently behind him. She guides Baekhyun from time to time w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter