The Nail Salon Incident

Bad Feels Good
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     "You look good in my shirt." Baekhyung comments as he rests his back on the bed's headrest while admiring Seolhee who just woke up. "Good morning Baek." Seolhee, with already a racing heart, greets.

 

     The sight of a topless Baekhyun with the golden ray of sunshine kissing his face is absolutely divine. She wouldn't mind kneeling down to thank the gods for blessing her with the sight.

 

     "Good morning sweetheart."

 

     Sweetheart. That word made Seolhee's heart jump. She couldn't hide her smile when she looks up at Baekhyun who has an equally adoring look.

 

     "How was your sleep?" Baekhyun lies down beside her and rests his face in his palm. He tucks Seolhee's hair behind her ear and leans in. "No!" Seolhee covers and looks at Bakehyun shyly. "Don't kiss me. Morning breath." She explains.

 

     Baekhyun laughs and removes her hand anyway to peck her on the lips. "There, just a short one so it's not gross." Baekhyun chuckles and pecks her once again. This time, on her cheeks.

 

     Why Baekhyun looks so good with his disheveled hair early in the morning will forever be a mystery to Seolhee. He even smells good; so good that she just wants to pull him down and cuddle with him all day. 

 

  

 

     "Yep, definitely toxic." Chaeyoung says with her arms crossed. Seolhee had just finished telling her how what happened with her and Baekhyun yesterday.

 

     Seolhee sighs. "Yeah, I know. But it was kinda hot, wasn't it?"

 

     "Girl, do you want the honest answer or the polite one?" Chaeyoung faces her with a stern look on her face. "If I were you, I would pack my things and go."

 

     Seolhee blows a raspberry. Of course Chaeyoung would not approve of that. What was she thinking? However, if she was really, extremely, absolutely being honest with herself, she thinks that the way Baekhyun acted was kinda toxic too.

 

     Anyway, Seolhee shrugs the thought off and went on with her day. 

 

     These past few days, her academic works are starting to pile up; which is something unusual for someone like Soelhee. Usually, she would finish her papers the same day it was given. She never likes it when she's getting backlogs because it's giving her so much anxiety that she can feel in the pit of her stomach.

 

     So tonight, Seolhee decided to pull an all-nighter to catch up with her piled-up school works.

 

     As she sits on her study table and focuses on sketching the human heart, which is a requirement for her Anaphy class, Seolhee can't help but wonder how Baekhyun was doing. The last time she saw him was before they went to school, which wasn't even that long. 

 

     After finishing three papers for the night, Seolhee finally decided to give Baekhyun a call.

 

     Ring... ring... ring...

 

     He wasn't answering. Seolhee tries again but still no luck.

 

     She sighs and puts her phone down. He may be asleep. It's already 11 PM after all.

 

     The next day, she tried calling him again but Baekhyun isn't answering. And he's nowhere to be found around campus. 

 

     "Yah! Stop bothering your boyfriend and hang out with me." Chaeyoung cages Seolhee with her arms and drags her out of their building.

 

     On their way out, with Seolhee still head locked by Chaeyoung, they bumped into Kyungsoo.

 

     "Oh hi, Seolhee." He greets with his signature heart-shaped smile. 

 

     "Hi! Do you wanna hang out with us?" the overly-active Chaeyoung suddenly beams. "Oh yeah, sure. Where are you headed?" Chaeyoung only smiles and wraps her other arm around Kyungsoo this time, tip-toeing a little so she can reach his shoulders. "You'll see."

 

     The trio, lead by Chaeyoung, walked side-by-side until they reached the mall. "What are we going to do here, Chaeng? I'd rather study."

 

     "Nah, you don't," Chaeyoung replies and leads the way inside a salon. "Ta-dah! You can have your nails fixed, too." Chaeyoung says to Kyungsoo. "Why? What's wrong with my nails?"

 

     Chaeyoung chuckles. "Nothing. They're just a little boring."

 

     Now Kyungsoo finds himself in a room full of girls who are getting their manicures and pedicures. He is sitting in between Chaeyoung and Seolhee who are having their foot spa before getting their pedicures.

 

     "What should I do?" Kyungsoo asks Seolhee with his wide eyes. "Do you want to have your nails painted?" Seolhee asks, playfully smiling at him.

 

     "Should I? What color fits me?" Kyungsoo's question causes both Chaeyoung and Seolhee's eyes to widen. "Really? You're gonna do it?" Chaeyoung giggles while asking her question. Meanwhile, Kyungsoo just nods innocently.

 

     Chaeyoung grabs the color palette from the side table that separates her from Kyungsoo and gave it to him. "Wow, that's a lot to choose from. Seolhee, what do you think?"

 

     Seolhee, who's also choosing from the palette on her table looks up at Kyungsoo. "Well, I'm bad at making decisions for others-"

 

     "And for yourself!" Chaeyoung cuts her off.

 

     The girl rolls her eyes and shifts her attention back to Kyungsoo. But this time, she already forgot what she was about to say.

 

     "Should we get matching ones?" Kyungsoo suggests. This makes Seolhee happy for some reason. Kyungsoo is so easy to get along with and somehow, unlike other men that she knew, he's okay with getting a manicure. That's no big deal, she knows, but it's her first time getting her nails done with a man.

 

     "Sure! What color should we choose then?" Seolhee replies.

 

     "Pink suits you, but so does beige..." Kyungsoo mumbles. "Can we get more than one color?" He asks and Seolhee nods. "Okay, pink and beige are cool."

 

     Half an hour later, they got out of the salon with freshly painted nails. Kyungsoo and Seolhee's nails are alternating with shades of pink and while Chaeyoung's long fingernails are painted with gradient purple that fades into a pastel color.

 

     "Ahh it feels like my nails gained an extra ton." Kyungsoo says while extending his hand and blowing at his nails even though they are already dry. "My sister is going to freak out if she sees this."

 

     Seolhee and Chaeyoung giggle. "Waah, you should also come with us when we get our hairs fixed."

 

     The three had a blast after they went for frozen yogurt. Both Kyungsoo and Chaeyoung got along really well, like a start of an awesome friendship between an extremely talkative one and more like an introverted one.

 

     In the evening, they all decided to go home because Kyungsoo has to assist his sister tomorrow morning for another skating lesson. Chaeyoung called Sehun to picked her up just to annoy him. She knows well enough to go home, plus, she can walk home from the mall. Sehun, after mouthing profanities towards Chaeyoung, still got up to pick her up.

 

     Seolhee was gre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter