Sweet like Honey

Bad Feels Good
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     Baekhyun lies on his bed with a girl hovering over him. He stares blankly at his ceiling, feeling something strange in his heart – like a void, a dark and deep void that he just can’t fill up with .

 

     “Baekhyun oppa, is there something wrong?” the girl, whose name he can’t even remember, looks up at him while holding , her chin brushing against its tip as she speaks. “You seem too quiet.”

 

     Baekhyun looks down and doesn’t say a word. He sighs. He hasn’t been this pre-occupied during before. Then he stands up, confusing the girl when he leaves her alone in his bed. “Go home. It’s not working for me.” He says without even looking at her.

 

     The girl, still only in her second year in the university, frowns. This isn’t what she hears about Byun Baekhyun. Rumors have it that he’s a monster in bed; he doesn’t stop until he gets what he wants. The girl slowly put her clothes back on, thinking what she did wrong to make Baekhyun walk away in the midst of a .

 

     Baekhyun sits on his couch in the living room, browsing his phone and waiting for the girl to leave. His mind trails back to the events from the morning. He and Seolhee have been the talk of the campus ever since the two girls saw them alone in the room.

 

     The rumors spread like a wildfire throughout the campus. He can’t blame them. After all, he is the infamous Byun Baekhyun and she’s the bright and sunny Shin Seolhee whom everyone adores.

 

     Baekhyun sighs again for the hundredth time today. He recalls how she didn’t give him a second glance when their eyes met in front of his room. It wasn’t a big deal – at least it wasn’t supposed to be, but Byun Baekhyun finds it upsetting that all she did was accept Suho’s embrace.

 

     Going back to his room, Baekhyun takes his phone to open his contacts, staring at Seolhee’s number that he can’t get himself to call. It was stupid. Why would he even call her?

 

     So instead, that night, Baekhyun decides to go to her apartment. When she opens the door, Baekhyun feels something unusual. The sight of her red face and tired eyes makes him feel like his heart is getting pinched.

 

     Baekhyun doesn’t hesitate to stretch his arms to confirm his theory. A fever.

 

     “Baek, what are you doing here?” Baekhyun looks at the girl, wondering what he was doing there himself. “I’m not having with you anymore.”

 

     I’m not here to have with you. Baekhyun wants to say that but that may sound too creepy. That sounds too creepy even to him; especially to him. He’s not quite used to have the urge to only look at a woman and not think about his body against hers.

 

     On the other hand, Seolhee has never seen Baekhyun in casual clothes; he’s always wearing shirts and jeans that fit him handsomely. He has never seen him look so fluffy until now, until he’s standing in her kitchen, handing her a glass of water to drink along with the medicine.

 

     She assumes that Baekhyun came here because he must be lonely, with no female companion to pleasure him. Baekhyun’s presence is too much for her that she wants to get away from him for a second.

 

     “You don’t have to do this, Baek. I can just call Suho so you can go-“

 

     “No,” Baekhyun says when he heard that certain name. He feels a tinge of anger towards the girl for pushing him away. But really, she was not. “What the hell is wrong with you? I’m already here, why would you call Suho?” he says, unfiltered, letting his emotion take over his mouth.

 

     Baekhyun watches Seolhee flinch at Baekhyun’s voice. Then she apologizes. She doesn’t have to, Baekhyun feels like he should be the one apologizing for his behavior. BUt he remains quiet to stare at the girl.

 

     After drinking her medicine, Baekhyun orders Seolhee to stay in her bed and lie down so she can sleep; and despite her racing heart, she manages to fall asleep with the help of her medicine.

 

     Baekhyun stays in her living room, sitting on her couch, contemplating whether he should go home or continue checking up on Seolhee. It’s already 10 PM and he can’t believe he’s wasting his time in a girl’s apartment. But despite his mind telling him to go home and stop caring too much about the girl, he just couldn’t do it.

 

     So he let time pass by playing on his phone and sometimes peeking at the pictures that some girls from the university are randomly sending him. Normally, he would either send something back or come over to the girl’s house, but now he can’t.

 

     Baekhyun just stares at the pictures like an hour-long lecture in his physics class: with boredom. It’s like nothing else is making him hot and bothered anymore.

 

     Baekhyun stands up to check on Seolhee. She’s already asleep so he carefully approaches her, afraid to make any sounds that might wake her up, and feels her forehead again. She’s not burning anymore. Baekhyun bends down to brush her hair off of her face, fingers touching her face like a feather. She’s beautiful, Baekhyun would admit that.

 

     Beautiful and precious.

 

     The next day, Seolhee is already feeling a lot better. The stress from yesterday finally subsides and she even feels happy when she saw Baekhyun asleep on her couch. She didn't expect Baekhyun to stay until the morning, but he did and Seolhee swears it's the happiest she's been for the past few weeks.

 

     Seolhee carefully leans down to stare at a sleeping Baekhyun. His silky hair is covering his eyebrows while his lips are slightly parted. He is a good sight to see in the morning; so refreshing and handsome.

 

     Baekhyun's eyes slowly open and his heart immediately flutters at the sight of the girl in front of him. She looks shocked; like she was caught doing something wrong. It softens Baekhyun - the thought that Seolhee is watching him sleep. He doesn't mind waking up to see that face every morning; her hair let down to her shoulders, bare face which is still a little puffy, and plump lips that he would kill to kiss.

 

     "Are you okay now?" Baekhyun softly asks, giving her a subtle smile as he slowly gets up. Seolhee looks at him with a racing heart. "Y-yes, I'm fine now." she stutters.

 

     Baekhyun gazes at the girl in awe. She looks pretty in daylight. He has never seen such beauty before and he doesn't know how to deal with how he's feeling. It may be because he just woke up but he feels vulnerable around her; like he wants to reinvent himself so he can get closer to her without tainting her.

 

     "Good." he nods and stands up. "Are you going home?" Baekhyun detects the anxiety in her voice. Now how can he go home with her asking him like that?

 

     "Do you want me to stay?" he asks, voice too soft for Seolhee to handle. She stands up too and walks in his direction. "Yes?" Baekhyun chuckles at her answer. "Why do you sound so unsure?" Baekhyun leans in closer to her, making the girl conscious of her state.

 

     "Stop it. My morning breath..." she mumbles and covers . Baekhyun finds it cute that she's shy. He touches her hand that's covering and gently pulls it down. He slowly leans in for a quick peck.

 

     "Stop it, it's disgusting. I haven't brushed my teeth yet."

 

     "Okay then go on, brush you teeth so I can kiss you already." Baekhyun crosses his arms and sits on the couch's armrest. Seolhee doesn't feel like her heart can calm down anytime soon. She is seeing an entirely new side of Byun Baekhyun: sweet, like honey.

 

     Seolhee did as he told, brushing her teeth and washing her face. Went she gets back to the living room, Baekhyun is already using her kitchen to cook. "How do you like your eggs in the morning?" he jokingly asks when she feels her presence in the room.

 

     Baekhyun suddenly feels nervous. He hasn't cooked for anyone before. He doesn't even cook for h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter