Surfing

Blue Crush

 

I changed into a black wifebeater and a pair of shorts. I pushed my hair behind into a messy pony tail when I looked over at Jas. She was still looking into the mirror combing her long silky hair. She's really beautiful, everything seemed perfect for her besides her size. It's not really her fault because her family were all like that. It's cute though. I loved it when she gives me a teddy hug. Thanks to her bubbly personality, people don't really mind her size. But still, we can't avoid haters. There're still people who loved to mock her based on her size. I was really worried at first but Jas just smiled over it. 

I threw my towel, purse and phone into my bag and put on my favourite hoodie. "Jas, you're pretty enough. Come on. Let's go. I love the sun at this time. It's the best! And I don't wanna miss the fun. Hurry up!!" I jumped around rushing her. 

"Okay. Okay. Stop jumping around. You're giving me headache." She took her sunblock into her bag and we left my dorm. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We could already hear laughter from afar. 2PM obviously. I watched those boys laughing and wrestling each other into the water. The sun was shining upon the warm sand. The sun was warm, not too hot, and just nice. I glanced towards the pier to check the waves. The waves were around 3 to 4 feet and the wind was arm wrestling between onshore and offshore. The wind didn't really seem to matter too much. The tide was lower and the majority of waves were throwing out far enough that you could fit a small car inside them. 

I was already just by the beautiful sight. I had to surf! I threw my bag onto the bench and took off my hoodie. I don't really need to wear my wetsuit because I was not planning to go for a battle today. Just doing it for fun. As I prepared to dash towards the boys, I felt someone pulling me back. I turned around and saw Jasmin holding onto my wrist firmly not letting me go. "Ouch! What's that for?" I shouted as I tried to pull my hand away. 

"You have to apply some sunblock before that. Look at the sun!" Jas sat me down onto the bench and pulled out her sunblock. 

"Oh, come on. I've been under the sun too much." I pouted at her as she started rubbing the lotion all over my arm and back. "I'm used to it already." 

"Yea, and you turned yourself into this?" She lifted my arm. "Look at you. You're like a freaking charcoal." Well, yes. Standing beside Jasmin can really define me as dark-skinned-kid. I can't compare myself with her! Her milky white skin's just too much. Darn it. 

"It's call healthy, okay?" I said as I saw 2PM walking over at the corner of my eyes. "Hey, guys." 

"Aigooooo, how cute!" Junsu pinched my cheeks. "You look like a little kid now." Then I felt Jas tugging on my right arm. 

"Ow! You guys!" I slapped Junsu's hands with my left arm when he quickly pulled away. 

"Why didn't you apply it yourself?" Junsu leaned onto beach umbrella. 

"You think she would?" Jasmin suddenly said. "She never knew how to be a lady. Stupid girl." I shot her a glare as Nichkhun sat down beside me. 

"Why not? She seems fine." Nichkhun stood up for me. I stuck my tongue out at Jasmin and she did the same. 

"Well, it's because I know her since preschool!" Jasmin explained. "You never know what happened before. I can always share...."

. Hell, no. She's not going to say anything. Please no. I think my expression said it all when those guys suddenly got so curious about my childhood. "Jas, please." I gave her my puppy eyes. 

"You know that won't work on me." Jasmin finished off by rubbing the exceeding sunblock onto her. I leaned on Nichkhun's arm that was right behind me. Oh no, I actually forgot what stupid things I did when I was younger. I was eager to know also. 

"At the time when every little girl started playing with their dolls or drawing lines into a pretty girl with fancy clothes; Ro was busy climbing trees and playing with mud. I thought she was funny when she got stains all over her pretty dress on her birthday party. She even gets bruises all around her cuz she fell off the tree outside her house several times." I face palmed when she said that. 

"Off the tree? Fell OFF the tree?" Junho's eyes widen. His eyes were still too small. "What?" 

"Yea. OFF the tree. Wonder how she did that, huh. There's more." 

"Yah, you need the skills okay." I said sarcastically. "It was not easy." They all laughed. 

"Ohh, do you remember Joel?" Jasmin pointed at me. Who? Joel? Oh, him. HIM. My worst nightmare since preschool! . I was going to stop her but failed. "That boy kissed her because he thought Ro was his best friend and so she wouldn't mind. He treated Ro like a buddy. HAHAHAHAHAH! He earned a punch from Ro right in his face. And Ro was punished by the teacher. HAHAHAHAH! Your first kiss was stolen at the age of 5, RO. to be you." 

My face grew hotter when all of them started laughing their asses off. Joel, my best friend. Wait, let me rephrase that, was my best friend. He thought it was fun by pecking each other on the lips, which I didn't like him doing that. He said I was his brother. Damn him. But why would he even think of kissing me when I was his brother? It happened over a fight we had. We were literally hitting each other in the face, stomach and everywhere. Then I don't remember what happened. 

"So you've your first kiss, huh?" Wooyoung mocked me. 

"Shut up. I don't know what's wrong with that boy." I lightly smacked him. 

"Do you still hear people calling you tomboy?" Jasmin asked suddenly. 

"Tomboy?" Taecyeon said in his deep voice. "She doesn't look like one."

"Yea, I kinda find her attractive." Chansung said. "LOL." Omgawd. What? Did he just say that? I must be blushing now. Gahhhhhh~~

"Oh, it's her nickname since small." Jasmin said. "Really? Not once already?" 

"No....Why?" I raised my eyebrow at her grin. I know that grin. It's not going to be nice. 

"Oh, nothing." Jasmin smiled. "Cuz you're like an iron board."

I frowned at her and there was an awkward silence. I saw gazes towards my chest. I looked down and my jaw dropped. "JASMIN!!” I covered myself with my bag. All of them laughed. I looked down at my chest again and mumbled, "............ at least a....... B??" I heard laughter again. This time, louder. 

Nichkhun's laugh was epic. You can definitely spell "H-A-H-A" from his laughter. I nudged him with my back when he said, "Sorry, sis. I can't help you this time." More laughter. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I suggested surfing to the boys. None of them wanted to surf except Taecyeon and Chansung. We walked over to Becks' bar to grab my surfboard. I had three. Just enough for us. I handed the bigger one to Taecyeon and the red one to Chansung. I kept my favourite surfboard to myself. It belonged to my mom originally. I liked to keep my boards in good repair. Dings are inevitable at rocky breaks. A cracked fin can easily snapped off. A ding on the rail might be where the board snaps in half, or else the exposed fibreglass will put a cut in your leg-rope, and if it breaks, the board will end up getting bounced around on the rocks until you can find your own way in to retrieve it. But then, hectic situations are half the fun.  Lucky this time, there’s not much rock around this area.

We applied a little bit of wax onto the base of the board and headed towards the pier. I took off my wifebeater revealing my bikini. I had already tied the strings around my body more than two times to tighten this piece of cloth on me. I looked at Taecyeon and Chansung whom already took off their tops. I loved their pretty chocolate abs. I put my leash and smiled at them. “Ready?” They nodded.

I took a deep breath and dived in. I felt a huge splash around me. I paddled out to my usual location. Both of them followed. "How long have you been surfing?" Chansung asked. This time I saw waves coming towards us. 

"It's coming. I'll tell you later." I turned around and started paddling. I stood up and make a sharp cut off the wave then I dive off my board. I was not ready. YET. It’ll get better later. I was extremely hungover; I didn't want to deal with this. I just need a few hours of surfing. I got onto my board and paddled back to where Taecyeon was. Chansung had already surfed off to the other end. 

"Whoops. Missed that one." Taecyeon grinned at me. I bit my bottom lips and glared at him. "Sorry." 

"Nahh, I'll do better. Watch." I smiled at him and grabbed the next wave. I paddled hard and popped up. I carved left, barely missing Chansung on foam. I did a few cuts, then I do a small carve and lost my balance. I started tumbling underwater. Remained calm, struggling is how people drown. Just ride this out. It felt like an hour had passed. I opened my eyes every two or three seconds to see if I was facing the light. I straighten myself out. I was 60 feet from where I went under. I locate my board by following my leash. 

Finally, I managed to climb onto my board. I lay down on my board and inhaled deeply. I desperately needed air. I wasn’t satisfied with my surfing today. Maybe I’ll do this the next day. After a few breaths, I paddled over to where Chansung was.

“You okay?” He asked when stopped beside him. His upper lip hanging over his bottom lip made him look so cute. I couldn’t resist my smile.

“Physically? Yes.” I smiled and panted. “Mentally, no. I hate my performance today. But I’m not going to give up. I’ll do it again tomorrow. You wanna catch the next wave?”

“Nahh, I’ll do it with you tomorrow.” He smiled. “Where’s hyung?”

“There.” I pointed behind him at Taecyeon who’s paddling towards us. “Hey, how was it?”

Taecyeon sat up on the board and sighed. “Gosh, I love the wave here. It’s the best so far. You guys wanna go back?”

“Yea. Come on.” I turned around and paddled back to the shore.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taecyeon’s POV

It was an awesome day. We really had fun. We did many sports and I noticed Ro’s seriously good. She’s an awesome athlete. After some games, all of us decided to rest for a little while.

“Yah, hyung.” Junho shouted at me. “Pass me that water.”

I threw the bottle of water to him and sat down on the bench. Becks brought us food. While everybody started digging in to the food. I realized something. Chansung’s the one who’s always the first when it comes to food. Where is he?

“Whoa.” Junsu his lips and said, “It’s tasty! Nice job Becks!”

“Yah, did anybody see Chansung?” I asked biting on the sandwich Becks made.

“Oh yea. Where’s he?” WooYoung looked around the beach. But he was no where to be seen.

“Ahhhh. Who cares?” Nichkhun laughed. “Nobody’s going to steal food from us now. DIG IN PEOPLE!!”

I still find this funny, because Ro disappeared too. Nobody realized that Ro was not around for some time. I lay back onto the bench and glanced towards the pier. Wait, I think I see a figure there. It looked like Chansung. What’s he doing there? He was sitting at the edge with his feet dangling around. Then he lifted his arms into the air. He looked like he was cheering for something.

Out of curiosity, I tried to see what’s happening. Who’s that surfing now? I recognized that surf board. Ro. It was her. I stood up and went over to the pier. I stood some distance away from Chansung. I watched Ro climbing onto her board. Her small figure seemed so tired. Why was she so determined? Why couldn’t she try again tomorrow? I crossed my arms and watched Ro’s surfing skills.

Ro caught the next wave and did a 10 seconds tube. Wow. She’s great. Maintaining for 6 seconds was good enough. Ro was now bending her knees. Was she trying to do an airjump? I immediately felt nervous for her. My heart stopped for a second when she suddenly leaped into the air but unfortunately she failed. She fell right into the foam and disappeared for quite some time. I felt the urge to run to her and save her when I saw Chansung already standing up. I stopped myself and stayed where I was.

Moments passed and finally I saw Ro’s head bobbing up from the ocean together with her board. She swam up to the shore where Chansung greeted her. She took off her leash and sat down beside Chansung. Chansung covered her with a towel and wrapped her up against his chest. I walked away silently. I hate that scene. What’s up with me, seriously? Ahhhh~ I’m going crazy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello people. Update. 

And there's one thing, i have to be honest. I dont know anything about surfing. this is just based on what i imagine so yea. do tell me if i'm wrong. :) 

Please comment and subsribe!! <3