Typical Friday Night

Blue Crush

 

Every summer has a story. However, summer doesn’t last. School reopened and everything went back to normal. I’m not the biggest fan of surprises and unexpected things but this time, I have something to shake up the boring routine of my life – Ok Taecyeon.

It was a typical Friday night. Rochelle was busy scheduling her slacking life while her father was downstairs catching up with the latest NBA news on TV. Rochelle couldn’t get herself to calm down as there are assignments piling up and her athlete life had been slacking. She felt exhausted, she missed the ocean, the waves, the sun and her man. It had been a while since Taecyeon called her. Rochelle wasn’t really those types of clingy girl but at least a text, maybe? She thought.

Finally, Rochelle stopped and plopped into her desk chair and stared and her messy study table. Her computer screen showed Taecyeon’s Skype conversations, announcing that the last messages they shared was two weeks ago. She sighed and decided to calm herself with a glass of milk. She stood up and stretched before walking out of her room.

“Hey, dad,” Rochelle greeted as she walked down the stairs.

“Hey, princess,” Mr Park smiled. “How’s everything?”

“Not good,” Rochelle pouted while opening the refrigerator to grab the carton of milk. Instead of pouring into a glass, she drowned the milk directly from the carton down .

“Chelle, I told you not to drink like that,” Mr Park walked over to the kitchen island. “Where’s your lady manners, kiddo?”

Rochelle stuck out her tongue and continued with her milk. Mr Park noticed something about Rochelle that night. She was wearing her thick framed glasses and she wasn’t facing her father directly. She would always look away or find something to distract her father whenever she caught his eyes.

As Rochelle placed the milk back into the refrigerator, she gave one last sweet smile to her father before dragging her body up the stairs to her room. Her dad chuckled at her and decided to make fun or her.

“You look like a walking corpse,” Mr Park teased.

“Thanks,” Rochelle groaned. “Tell me something I don’t know.”

“Uhm, the bags under your eyes are quite a delectable shade of purple.” Mr Park pointed out. “What brand is that?”

“Insomnia,” Rochelle sighed when she knew she couldn’t hide much from her dad.

“Nice,” Her father smiled. “Gotta try that some time.”

“Do I really look that bad?” Rochelle stopped and turned around.

“Go get some sleep,” Mr Park walked towards her and kissed her forehead before going back to the TV. “You have the whole weekend. I don’t want to see my daughter being like a zombie.”

“You’re not helping, dad,” Rochelle complained as she watched her father getting comfortable in his armchair.

Rochelle sat down at her study table planning her weekends when she heard a buzz from her cell. She scrambled around her study table to find her phone. The corner of her lips quirked upwards. 2 missed calls from the man she was waiting for and a text message from him.

Hey baby. I’m really, really sorry for not contacting you for ages.  I’ve been busier than ever. Trust me, I miss you so much I thought I’d die. So, I’m free tomorrow night. I’ll take you out for dinner. Get ready by 6.

P.s, wear something nice. Love you <3

Taec.

Rochelle had a smile plastered on her face throughout the whole night.

“So you knew I wouldn’t reject,” Rochelle mumbled. 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello people. I'm sooo sooo sorry for not updating for sooo long. I'm so sorry if this chapter's short and boring. I promise it'll be interesting for the next one.