Lifeguard?

Blue Crush

"Morning, sunshine!!!!" someone screamed and shook me rally hard. It sounded like Ethan. Oh boy, yes, I'm right. He never failed to wake me up ever since i started working here. I always locked the door of my room every night before I sleep. How did this annoying fella ever break into my room?

"Quit it, Ethan!" I mumbled, "just 10.. no, 5 more minutes........" It was really tiring especially after that late night workout with Ethan. I wanted to continue sleepping but Ethan had already pulled me up from my bed. 

"Ro, c'mon. Get up. It's 10 and you're suppose to take over James today. You're already  2 hours late. C'mon!" Ethan said as he look down at me with those attractive eyes. Oh yea, James. He quited his job because he had moved to Australia with his family. I was suppose to take over his job as a lifeguard. Me, a lifeguard. Not to state the obvious, I still doubt that I can 'drag' someone out from the water. What if the person's like Ethan? So tall, and huge. Hm, huge? No, not that word, but he seemed quite huge standing beside me. But I quite like that job. At least I can get a dip into the sea, enjoy the sand and the sun, or even enjoy the view of hot guys........... 

"Ro, seriously? Stop dazing and why are you smiling yourself? That's a stupid face. Hurry up. I'll go first. We'll catch some branch later. Ciao." Ethan cut me off while walking towards the door. , I better hurry. I brushed my teeth and washed my face before throwing my hair up to a messy bun. Ethan said I could wear whatever I want as long as I wear that red and white lifeguard hoodie. So I decided to put on my tank top and the beach shorts I spotted in my messy closet. I grabbed my bag and flip-flops and headed towards the door. 

I'm going to work as a lifeguard for the first time. I'm actually anticipating it. 

I dumped my bag into the locker and checked my phone. 3 missed calls from my dad? , I'm doomed. I called him back immediately while walking to the beach. There's a pier that leads to the deeper side of the ocean for the surfer. I went to the beach lounge bar to meet Ethan and the rest of the crew. Finally, "Hey dad, you called?" as he picked up his phone. "Chelle! Why didn't you call me? You're suppose to tell me that you're healthy and doing fine! And why aren't you home??!!" He demanded as soon as he heard me. 

"Dad, I'm fine! I texted you yesterday that I can't go back because they hired me as their lifeguard.."

"You? Lifeguard? Are you sure...." "Dad! I'm fine! I'm trained anyways. No worried alright? I'll call later, gonna go for the meeting now. I'm late enough. You don't wanna make me lose my job right?" I interuptted to save myself from another lecture.

"I rather you to lose your job than risking your life as a lifeguard.. You're small.." 

"but strong. Look dad, I can handle it. Anyway, I'll call you later. Love you." I smiled up when I see my friends and hung up before my dad could even say anothing else. I kept my phone in my poclet and walked up to them. 

"Hey! Finally you're here. We've been waiting for you. Ro. Boss' kinda moddy right now. IDK why." Becca greeted me while wiping the glasses with a white cloth. Becca, she's the cutey that works in the lounge bar. 

"Ooooohhh, boyfriend's mad at you for being really late...." Jack teased when I walk past him. Jack, the annoying hottie that has the same job as me. 

"Shut up. He won't be mad for long. I know him. Heh." I chuckled when Jack said that.

"Ethan!" I shouted when I spotted him going through some papers. "Hey boss. Sorry. Had to call my dad. Whatupp? Becks said that you're kinda moody?"

"Oh hey Ro. Moody? Nahhhhh.... Just a little pressured. The manager just handed me these papers." He passed me those papers and continued, "A famous kpop band's coming tomorrow for their photoshoot. Guess we're gonna lose business for minimum a month."

"A MONTH??? Why lose business? What? kpop band?" Ethan glared at me gesturing me to let him finish his talking. "Fine, sorry."

"You haven't heard of the worst part. That is, WE, all of us, workers must be keeping an eye on their privacy cuz there're be a lot of fans. And you, Ro, are suppose to follow them around. Gosh, of course we're going to lose business. They're like buying this whole resort for I think a month or more." He sighed, "Gosh, What's wrong with our manager? Accepting this kind of contract with these kpop band."

"To earn fame and more money." Jack answered. I turned around and there, Jack walked towards us together with Becks.

"Wait, what? Me? Follow around them? Why me?" I said, still in shocked. 

"I think it's cuz you're the lifeguard here.." Becks sat down beside me. 

"But, I'm not the only lifeguard?? Jack, Rob, Sean....." I mumbled, still not knowing the obvious.

"I don't want to state the obvious, but, you're the only GIRL lifeguard here, Ro." Jack raised his eyebrow at me. 

What? I still don't get it. Why me? What does this had to do with the only GIRL lifeguard? My head's still spinning when Ethan snapped me out of it.

"Ro, anyways, just be careful okay? I don't want you geting hurt. Those idols are known as BEAST idols." Ethan emphasized on the word BEAST. Beast? I still don't get it.

"Whoooo, I think I can already imagine that. Good looking, hot, built, BEAST idols. I wonder who are they...." Becks grinned at me causing me to force a smile at her. Gee, beast idol, huh? "Boss...." I turned to Ethan and realized he'd walked away earlier. "Gosh...... Hope it wouldn't be tough..."

Ethan's POV

. What the hell? What the heck's our manager thinking? Putting Ro as their personal follower? She's too small plus she haven't even started her job as a lifeguard. I seriously wonder who the heck those idols are. 

I got up from my seat and headed to my dorm. Our dorm, I meant. Four of us shared a dorm. Ro, Becks, Jack and I. 

I think I better keep extra caution on Ro. I'll do my job.