Understanding her

Blue Crush

 

"Jasmin!" I stood up and hugged her tightly. "OMG! Jasmin! HI !!!" I was so surprised and I just couldn't describe how happy I saw her. 

"Hey, baby. I miss you too." She hugged me back tightly. 

"Looks like you both met...." Becks swayed to the rhythm while walking towards us.

"What? Becks.. How did you know...?" I was seriously confused. "What..."

"Yes, I wanted to surprise you. I called her here!" Becks said. "Well, she's kinda friend of mine. Uh, to be exact, her mom and my mom were friends." 

"Yeah, small world." Jasmin nodded and suddenly glared at me. "YAH, Park Mi Young! ..." I slammed shut before she could even continue. *mumbles*mumbles*mumbles*

"Shut up." I said it, only she could hear me. "Nobody here knows that name! You..."

"Your name's Mi Young? That's so cute!" Junho interupted.

"Mi Young? How come I never heard of that?" Becks looked at me. 

"Whoops." Jasmin smiled guiltily at me while biting her lips. "Yah, you! Why didn't you call me? Am I still your best friend? I didn't know you were working part time here! Where you can get such view of hotties everywhere! And you didn't even invite me....." Jasmin pouted like a little girl. 

"Jas, you seriously..." She never change at all. Still her. The best sister, crazy-partner, dramaqueen, fat friend of mine. "Come here." I hugged her even more tightly. She squeezed me. 

"Biatch, so you haven't introduce me to your pretty friends of yours. Who are these people?" Jasmin nudged me.

"You better stay away from them cuz they're mine, alright? You fat." I poked her belly. She pinched my cheeks and went to Wooyoung. She didn't need me, she could handle all these by herself. She's even better than me. Lol, this girl. 

"Mi Young?" Taecyeon asked while picking up his blazer that dropped on the floor earlier when I suddenly stood up to hug Jasmin. "That's really your name?" 

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to drop your blazer just now. It's just..." I wanted to take his blazer from him when he held it far away and stared at me. 

"Yah, Mi Young. You haven't answered my question." He grinned at me.

"....... Rochelle. Nobody called me that since, I don’t know when. And yea, that's my name. Weird, huh?" That brat can just simply call my name like that?? She's soooo dead. 

"It's getting crowded here." He glanced around. "Mind taking a stroll outside with me?"

"Sure." I smiled up at him. Oh no, I just accept his invitation without hesitating? I'm supposed to be with Jas right now but she seemed fine without me. I saw her already bobbing her head with Becks and the rest. I had already walked behind Taecyeon before realizing what I was doing. He opened the door and I walked out with him behind me. 

We walked to the beach. This place somehow had some memories between us. We walked side by side on the path without saying anything. It wasn't awkward but I was actually enjoying it. The night's getting cooler and I rubbed my arm warming myself. I felt Taecyeon's gaze on me and he suddenly took off his blazer. 

"Looks like you have to take this back after all." He said as he placed his blazer on my shoulder. His blazer was big. Of course it was, look at his size. I mean, he's tall and big. 

"Heh, thanks." I pulled his blazer tighter around me. 

"Shouldn't you at least bring some pullover out? I mean, your dress is amazing, but...." He rubbed the back of his neck again. Gosh, how cute. "...but, won't you get cold?" 

"The party's indoor, I didn't plan to come out to the beach anyway. And plus, it's summer, you wouldn't get that cold, will you?" I questioned him. 

"Yea, see what happens now." He pointed at me clenching on his blazer. , caught. I tried to stay calm.

"Well, um." I shrugged. "Wouldn't it be awesome now that I'm using your blazer? At least it helped a little."

"Seriously? Just a little? Gosh, I'm actually freezing now." He hugged himself. What? Freezing? How could a big guy like him freeze in mid-summer? But, how stupid of me, I believed. 

"What? You're freezing? Here. Take this, I'm fine." I pulled off the blazer and gave it to him. Taecyeon suddenly stood in front of me bending down so he could reach my eye sight. I stunned. 

"Got you." He laughed. 

*whack* I slapped his chest playfully. "Taecyeon-sshi." I pouted. I put on his blazer this time. Literally putting in on, I was wearing it. "Don't even think of taking this back now." I glared at him and continue walking. 

"Yah, Park Mi Young!" Taecyeon shouted from behind. 

"Shoosh! And quit calling me that!" I immediately turned around angrily when I saw his stupid grin on his face. "That name wasn't allowed for just anyone..." 

It was just for my mom. 

Taecyeon's POV

"Yah, Park Mi Young!" I simply wanted to annoy her. She looked so cute especially when she's mad. I wanted to see that again. 

Immediately, she turned around. Just look at those eyes. She’s super adorable, I smiled.  

"Shoosh! And quit calling me that! ............ That name wasn't allowed for just anyone..." She decreased her volume. For a second, I could feel my heart stop beating. Why were her eyes so depressed when she said that?

"What?" I said. I pretended I didn't hear anything. 

"Nothing." She turned around and continued walking. I somehow felt sorrow from her back. I caught up to her speed and grabbed her hand. I pulled her to the beach. 

"Yah, Taecyeon-sshi! What're you doing?" She laughed. 

"Nothing, just wanted to feel the sand at night." I said while taking off my shoes. 

"Heyyyy. That's a great idea! The sand is awesome at night. Plus, these heels are killing me. Urgh." Rochelle took off her heels and ran off to the beach. 

I ran to her and we automatically played tag. She ran around with my blazer dangling around her small shoulders. I just couldn't resist that cuteness of her. When she finally slowed down, I took the opportunity to grab her from behind. She shrieked and laughed when I lifted her and swung her around. Rochelle's so small size. She can be small but healthy. She's tiny for me but for an average girl, she's perfect. She had trained, fitting body. 

"Kyyyaaa! Put.. Kya! Put me down." She screamed in my arms, laughing at the same time. "Put me down.." 

I let go and she sat down on the sand. She stretched her legs so they touched the water. I sat down beside her and poked her ribs. She squealed. Then I asked her the something that I was curious from the beginning I met her. 

"What makes you wanna be a lifeguard?" She looked at me. Her face suddenly changed. I got worried, ".. I mean, .. no.. uhh.."

"It's okay. I never planned to be a lifeguard anyway." She looked at the sea and I looked at her. She continued, "I came here right away after my summer break. I was originally working with Becks. I love outdoor activities. I enjoyed doing it since young. I love the beach especially. It became part of life after I first surfed. It speaks to me naturally. The water splashing on me can actually make me feel alive, closer to the nature. It somehow match my personalities perfectly..." 

I caught her smile. The first, sincere, smile ever since I met her. "But?" I asked. 

"........... But things changed after my mom died." She looked down. "Dad was so lost and depressed. He stopped me from all these activities. He once locked me in my room because I sneaked out from house just to swim. Heh, typical daddy, isn’t he?" 

I naturally sat closer to her as she continued, "But, I still don't know the actual reason why mom died. Dad said she was into a car accident, but what does that had to do with me touching water? He made such a big fuss when I swam, talked about different types of beach sports, or talking about seashells. What the hell. But hey, I love seashells. They're so pretty." She picked up a seashell and passed it to me. "Pretty, aren't they?" I took the seashell, isn't it just a normal looking seashell? 

"I secretly joined my school's beach sports club without my dad knowing. And I did all kinds of sports. To keep my stamina up, I worked out to keep fit. Many girls in my school said I'm crazy by treating myself like a guy. I mean which girl work out that much?" Rochelle turned to look at me. 

"You?" I tried to make the situation now merrier. She giggled and punched my arm. 

"Yea, me. Crazy, I know. Until I was the senior and was chosen president for the club, my dad found out. Because there were so much activities going on. At first he wasn't really fond about it. But thanks to Jas, he finally approved. Yeay. And now things with my dad are all settled. Thank God." 

"Is that really the reason you want to do beach sports?" I played with the sand while asking.

"Yes... No." She joined me by putting more sand onto my retarded looking sand castle. "I want to find out about mom's death." 

I stopped and looked at her. "Oh, this is supposed to be a secret, nobody knows about this, even Jas. So you please shut up about it, kay? I know Jas too well. She’ll be worried for me. I don’t want that. Promise me, okay?”

“Okay.” I know that sincerity from her eyes. It made me worried too. Although I don’t know the real story behind all these, but, what if the reason that she found out wasn’t what she wants? I picked up some seashells and decorate the sand castle I made.

“This is so weird.” Rochelle giggled. “Oh yea. Since you guys are idols, can you sing a song for me now? I’ve only heard Only You. Sorry.”

“What? Sing? Now?” I looked at her to see if she’s serious. “Yah, I don’t sing, I rap.”

“Naw, come on. It’s past midnight and you expect me to listen to noisy rap music? Just a few lines. Please? I’ve never been to any concerts of yours.” Rochelle gave me her puppy eyes.

“, you make me feel guilty to reject now.” I sighed. “Only You, is it? That’s a seriously old song for our band.”

“Yea, go.” She wrapped herself and prepare to listen. I cleared my throat and looked at her again.

“Only you niga anim nal gochil su eobseo. Nandasi useul su ga eobseo. It's only you my baby it's only you” I began softly. Thanks, Jin Young-Hyung, for training on my vocals.

“Whoaaa. Niceee.” She clapped. “Don’t stop! Continue!”

“What, the whole song?” I asked. “Seriously?”

“Yah, never stop doing anything once you started it.” She shot me a glare.

“Fine.” I continued singing softly until I felt her head on my shoulder. I stopped and glanced down at her. Had she fallen asleep? I stoned there for a while and I decided not to wake her up. I’ll carry her back to her dorm.

I slowly let her lean into my arms, I got up and carried her bridal style. I walked to her dorm and knocked on the door. I hope her dorm mates aren’t asleep now. Or I’ll be in a big trouble. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeay. Done. I'll try to update soon. :D

Commment! and subscribe please <3

@BeastFreak : Thank you for reading and and loving my story so far. I'll do my best. :D and nahhh, it's kay. at least you comment naooo <3