Chapter 4

Night Drive

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀. Ō͡≡o ˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀.

 

A couple hours later

 

Hyewon wakes up from her deep slumber, remembering the memories from last night, she felt happy to know about her. That inner peace goes away when she hears something being thrown around in the living room following with a sound of glass breaking.

 

Hyewon groans and stands up, getting her robe from her closet as she stomps her way to the living room where she sees Yena and Yujin playing with nerf guns..at 10 in the morning and now getting greeted by a nerf bullet hitting her right in between her forehead.

 

"Heh.." Yujin laughs awkwardly, realizing Hyewon was pissed over the fact she got her sleep interrupted.

 

"You know what..I don't even want to deal with this.." Hyewon sighed, massaging her temples as she walked over to the kitchen.

 

"Alright angry mom, we're sorry, if you want there is some leftover- you already found it" before Yena could offer Hyewon the cheesecake that Yuri gave her, she already saw Hyewon starting to devour it.

 

"...! I forget to ask for her number again?!" All of a sudden a shout was heard from Hyewon, Yena and Yujin looked at each other, confused to what Hyewon was talking about.

 

"I need to go outside, when I come back I want to see this glass clean," Hyewon stands up, going to her bag and taking out her packet of cigarettes.

 

"Aren't you going to clean it...?" Yujin asked, seeing Yena looking at her assumable, both exchanging looks.

 

"Nah!"

 

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀. Ō͡≡o ˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀.

 

"My head hurts.." Eunbi mumbled, keeping her palm on her forehead as she felt her head pounding due to the exhaustion.

 

"Here, this would work" she sees someone handing her a coffee, turning her head up to see her coworker.

 

"Thanks Sunghoo, I appreciate it." Eunbi thanked, taking the coffee from him as he took a seat and sat in front of Eunbi.

 

"Anyways, what happened to you?" Sunghoo asked, concerned for the teacher.

 

"Stayed up too late with someone" taking a sip from the coffee, before answering him.

 

"Who is that someone?" He asked, Eunbi was about to ask why he was asking so many questions when the answer came bursting into the room.

 

"Eunbi!" The two turned their heads over to the panting girl, who had her hands on her knees as she caught her breath.

 

"Hyewon?" Eunbi asked, Hyewon finally settled up, looking over at Sunghoo who now seemed to be throwing knives at her with his glaring gaze.

 

"Can I have your number?" Hyewon asked, making a sheepish smile, holding out her phone.

 

"Is that all you came for..?" Eunbi asked, heading towards Hyewon with a small smile imprinted.

 

"Couldn't you just wait until she finished classes in school?" Sunghoo commented, clearly annoyed about the situation.

 

"We're not even talking to you." Hyewon answered, making him roll his eyes.

 

"Here's my phone number, call me when you want to go on another night drive." Eunbi gave her a grin as she gave back Hyewon her phone.

 

"Psh night drives are old" Sunghoo hissed, rolling his eyes making Hyewon chuckle sarcastically.

 

"Sir, clean your ears, we weren't talking to you." Hyewon turns her attention over to Sunghoo.

 

"ANYWAYS I think I should get going, see you around Sunghoo and see you another day Hyewon '' Eunbi bids her goodbye, feeling a bit shy for her next action, she leans over and pecks Hyewon's cheek. Leaving both a bit flusterlaugh

 

❀. Ō͡≡o ˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀.

 

"This seat is...comfy," Sakura says, getting settled up in Hyewon's new office. Hyewon looks at her as she stands behind her.

 

"Move over, I have to do work" Hyewon tries to push Sakura off her seat, Sakura pouted and stood up as she wandered around the room.

 

"Uncle told me about this new girl you met.." Sakura spoke in a type of antagonist voice, Hyewon sighs as she knew that her dad wouldn't stay quiet about it.

 

"Oh god not this.." Hyewon laid back in her seat, inhaling as she knew where this was going.

 

"Is she cute? is she hot? is she nice? What job does she have? Do I know her?" Sakura bombards her with questions, Hyewon tries to keep her laughter in, seeing Sakura always bombarding her with questions when Hyewon seems to be interested in someone.

 

"Yes, yes, yes, she's a teacher and private detective and I don't know" Hyewon answered, Sakura nodded slowly, now preparing her last question.

 

"What's her name?"

 

"Kwon Eunbi"

 

"Eh?! Of course I know her! She's my colleague in the private detective class!" Sakura exclaimed, she was now too excited for no reason.

 

"What happened here?" a voice says, they turn their heads over to Chaeyeon who was holding a white bag of food.

 

"She's overly excited I met someone" Hyewon responded, Chaeyeon walks over to the coffee table placing the bag of food on top.

 

"Good for you, anyways I brought some japanese dishes sakura's mom made last night" Chaeyeon changed the topic to a topic Hyewon much loved, Chaeyeon starts to take out some plates as Sakura took a display bottle of tequila with some glass cups along.

 

"Been a long time since we did this.." Hyewon commented, feeling a smile creep up her face as she remembered her high school days she would always hang out with her friends.

 

"So how's Yujin?" Chaeyeon asked curiosity, last time she saw Yujin was around a year ago, so it'll make sense since she missed some things.

 

"She won her first basketball tournament, and she got a girlfriend, her name is Wonyoung, I still can't believe she got a girlfriend faster than me." Hyewon talked, as she devoured some of the food.

 

Sakura faked a cough, "loser" Sakura muttered in between coughs.

 

"How about you?" Asked Chaeyeon.

 

"I'm fine, just fine" Hyewon expressed, clearly now gloomy. The couple noticed it and stayed quiet, knowing that Hyewon would not want to talk about it. They knew Hyewon missed her mom.

 

"It's almost our fourth year together and you know how you helped us get together we want you to help us adopt another


 

 

..cat"

 

"Thank god I thought you were going to adopt a child" Hyewon sighed in relief knowing she won't be doing no babysitting, keeping her hand on her heart. The couple couldn't help but look at each other before letting out a giggle.

 

"Actually we need you to sign the papers because we haven't gotten our papers signed because we've been living in Japan these months" Chaeyeon explained, Hyewon nodded, being satisfied over it.

 

"Yeah, i'll help"

 

"Oh and also look at what I found while cleaning yesterday," Sakura remembered, taking out a dirty piece of paper that had a stain on the end, all bursting in laughter as it was a letter Chaeyeon had written for Sakura when they first met.

 

5 years ago

 

"Hey! Kwangbae!" Chaeyeon shouts, counting to run after the bike Hyewon was riding on, once she finally arrives she pulls Hyewon from her backpack, making Hyewon stop her bike.

 

"10 for math homework, 20 for history, 5 for reading" Hyewon offered her friend, Chaeyeon scoffed.

 

"No, I don't come for you to tell you about my homework" Chaeyeon uttered, Hyewon waited for the next word to come out but Chaeyeon was still trying to catch her breath from running.

 

"Then what? A test and assignment?" she continued to push Chaeyeon with school related, Chaeyeon could only mentally facepalm herself.

 

"Do I look like someone that'll cheat?" Chaeyeon asked, Hyewon nodded slowly.
"I need your help to give this letter to someone"

 

"Who sends letters now?" Hyewon mumbled, but loud enough for Chaeyeon to hear.

 

"I thought it'll be romantic" Chaeyeon sheepishly said, Hyewon shrugged and started to open the letter, realizing it was some letter of Chaeyeon trying to confess to a girl named Miyawaki Sakura, she gave it back.

 

"Nope, I'm not giving this letter to anyone" Hyewon proclaimed, handing Chaeyeon back the envelope.

 

"Please, it's just for today..I just want her to know this.." Chaeyeon begged, Hyewon checked her phone to see the time, right coincidentally a message from her electricity bill provider texted her.

 

Now she needs 50 dollars to pay or else they'll cut her electricity, Hyewon sighs and looks back up at Chaeyeon who had puppy eyes glowing on her eyes.

 

"50 dollars and I'll do it" Hyewon finally gave the response Chaeyeon was looking for, taking the envelope and putting it in her bag, she got another message saying Chaeyeon had sent her money already.

 

Present

 

"I'll read it again-" Hyewon takes the letter from Sakura, clearing her voice as she was about to start.

 

"No!"