Chapter 3

Night Drive

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀. Ō͡≡o ˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀.

 

"Where were you two?" Nako asked, Hyewon and Eunbi looking at each other as they had to think of a lie.

 

"I showed her where the bathrooms were" Hyewon lied, Nako believed it, Hitomi didn’t, even though nothing had happened between the two, she felt like a complete lie since she was in the bathroom a couple seconds ago.

 

"Your dad's investors were looking for you, I would go see them if I were you" Yujin suggested, Hyewon nodded and started to back away from the group.

 

"I'll be right back" Hyewon excuses herself from the group, trying to find her dad with the possible investors, walking around she finally found

 

“Here she is, the new CEO of this company” Mr. Kang smiles, putting his arm around Hyewon, pulling her close with a teasing grin.

 

“So, who’s the girl you invited?” He asked, making Hyewon confused, not knowing if her dad was asking about Eunbi.

 

“I didn’t invite her, it was Yujin” Hyewon answered, to which he nudged Hyewon.

 

“She seems like your type, go get her” he continued to tease, Hyewon sighed, she just met her yesterday, it wasn’t possible to start dating her already.

 

“Dad..not this again” Hyewon mumbled, he sighed and shook his head.

 

“Your life isn’t going anywhere, this might be your chance to find someone”

 

“Can we talk about this later at least..?”

 

“Anyways they want to invest in your photography, they have some models and some good cameras and equipment they are willing to give to you just for that” He changes the topic, now the two are turning their heads at the woman in front of them, stirring her wine.

 

“It’s for 1 million dollars” the woman commented, making Hyewon’s head tilt slight.

 

“Little higher?” Hyewon raised her eyebrows, using her index finger to signal to raise.

 

“3 million dollars” she raised 3 times more, making Hyewon nod.

 

“Deal”

 

“Equipment will come tomorrow and some models will come here to start working, have a nice evening.” she excused herself, leaving with her bodyguards now heading to go greet some more guests.

 

“Introduce me to those new people Yujin invited.” He ordered to which Hyewon sighs and nodded, bowing before leaving and going to find Yujin.

 

“Daeng, Dad wants me to introduce the people you invited” Hyewon tapped Yujin’s shoulder, getting Yujin’s attention.

 

“Alright then, I’ll go get them.”

 

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀. Ō͡≡o ˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀.

 

The opening ceremony finally ended, meaning everyone had left, being outside of the company building, Hyewon stares at the ground, holding the cigarette in between her fingers.

 

“Do you have any plans for tonight?” Eunbi asked, Hyewon shook her head.

 

“Nope, why?”

 

In what felt like a spam of a second, Hyewon found herself in a store while Eunbi ran through the aisle of the empty store.

 

"What are we doing here?" Hyewon asked

 

"You'll see." Eunbi stops running, now facing Hyewon with a small smile as she now leads Hyewon to the snack area.

 

"Get anything you want, I'll pay," Eunbi offered. Hyewon stops walking and gives her a smile as she thought of getting all the snacks she loved.

 

"Really?" Hyewon asked with visible stars in her eyes, earning a nod from Eunbi, giving her the signal to start packing up all the food possible.

 

"So what are we doing anyways?" Hyewon asked once more, anxious that she wanted to know what the latter was planning to do.

 

"Never heard of a night drive, we'll get to talk more calmly when we arrive where I want to take you" Eunbi explained, Hyewon nodded.

 

“We just met yesterday and you’re willing to kidnap me?” Hyewon asked, Eunbi rolled her eyes, now putting some blankets in the shopping cart.

 

Good evening. Your store will be closing in five minutes. Please bring your final selections to the registers at this time. Thank you.

 

“Auntie..”Eunbi hears a voice behind her, turning around she sees a little boy holding a truck.

 

“Yes?” Eunbi asked, kneeling to get on his level, the boy seemed to be close to tears.

 

“I can’t find appa..” a tear now rundowns the boy's cheek now Eunbi felt bad.

 

“Hyewon-ah, pay for the things while I look for the child's parents?” Eunbi commanded, Hyewon nodded, taking the shopping cart and pushing it over to to self-check out.

 

“What’s your name?” Eunbi asked, holding the boy’s hand as they wandered around the store to look for his parents.

 

“Seungkwan” He responded showing his dimples, making Eunbi smile as the two coutiniued to wander around the store.

 

Arriving around the food department, the two stop their tracks as someone had started to speak in the annocements.

 

If anyone has lost their child, a boy with dark hair, maybe around 5 years old, please come to the returning center, thank you.

 

Hearing that voice, Eunbi grins, knowing the voice who had said that, Eunbi grabs the little boy’s hand and walks back to the returning center.

 

“Seungkwan!” a man shouts, quickly running to Seungkwan, picking him up as he made sure he was okay.

 

“Thank you so much for helping us,” another guy said, putting his arm around the man holding seungkwan.

 

“No problem, keep on eye on him more” Eunbi warned, still being respectful.

 

“We will.” the two said, before bowing to pay their respect, before now leaving.

 

“Hope to see you again soon auntie!” Seungkwan shouts with a smile as he waved at Eunbi.

 

“Now where is this girl..” Eunbi mumbles, heading out of the store, running to Hyewon’s car where she could now see Hyewon sitting in the front seat but not the driver seat, indicating to Eunbi that she could take her wherever.

 

Entering the car, she sits down in the driver seat, turning on the car, and immediately  radio to avoid the awkward silence.

 

"My dad would say to me, that there is always a best part in everything..like a movie, song or a..person.." Hyewon spoke, as she looked at the window where the highway was empty just a couple cars from people who were returning from work.

 

We watch the shows, we watch the stars  On videos for hours and hours
We hardly need to use our ears
How music changes through the years

 

"I would assume this is the best part.." Eunbi answered, Hyewon nodded now with a smile creeping up her face.

 

"It is.."

 

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀. Ō͡≡o ˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀.

 

Eunbi stops the car, turning her head over to Hyewon. She seemed a bit amazed

 

"This is my secret favorite place," Eunbi confessed. Now leaving the car as she walked over to the edge of the hill with a blanket.

 

"It's really beautiful, now I see why.." Hyewon gets out of the car, heading over to Eunbi who was standing at the edge of the mountain .

 

“Tell me about yourself..” Eunbi starts out with, Hyewon exhales, thinking about what she should say

 

“I don’t live a life, just the same routine everyday..wake up, work, take photos of anything interesting, eat, eat again..then sleep…” Hyewon says, putting her head low. Eunbi looks at her, sympathetic of how she knew Hyewon felt.

 

“I never really brought anyone here...I’m always busy, I have teaching to do then I take care of my sisters..but they’re grown up now even though I see them still like children” Eunbi started go speak.

 

“They’ve just stuck with me because they’re scared i’ll die alone”

 

 

 

“We all die alone...no soul can die with you only next to you” Hyewon responded nonchalantly.

 

Hours past, the two stayed talking while standing but both eventually getting tired so decided to lay down on the grass while munching on some snacks they bought, getting to know each other, Hyewon learned something funny about Eunbi and her sister, that Eunbi didn’t know her sister was dating someone until she walked into them.

 

Eunbi learned that Hyewon had raised a child who’s now a giant, Hyewon raised started to Yujin when she was  including Yena, she felt heartwarmed hearing about Hyewon's stories of how much she took care of Yujin even in elementary school to high school.

 

The two both got chuckles hearing each other’s stories, and eventually now felt a connection with each other, even though it had been hours that they’ve talked it felt like they’ve known each other for years.

 

“The sky..it’s almost morning again..” Hyewon pointed to a cloud now forming in the sky, Eunbi yawned, stretching as she sat up to reach for her phone.

 

“What time is it?” Eunbi asked, now getting her phone, turning it on since she had turned it all the way off for no one to interrupt them.

 

“5 am based on the sky,” Hyewon answered.

 

“It’s getting late, I should get home and get ready to go to school,” Eunbi says, taking out her phone to check the time again.

 

“Goodnight kiss?”  Hyewon asked, pouting her lips as she waited for Eunbi to respond, now being a bit flirty, Eunbi chuckles, flicking her forehead.

 

“Goodnight kiss” my ” Eunbi responded, making the two laugh.

 

“I’ll drop you off at home” Hyewon offered to which Eunbi accepted due to the reason either way they only had one car and the car ride was about 30 minutes and probably for walking distance it’s an hour.