Chapter 14

Night Drive

Next Day

“Good-” before Eunbi could finish greeting the whole class gave her an  obedient grin. “Good morning Ms. Kwon!”

“Uhm..Good morning,” Eunbi greeted back shyly.

“Today we’ll learn about literature of the roman,” Eunbi started out. The whole class raised their hands, making Eunbi laugh nervously.

“Can I ask the question first?”  

It felt revolutionary, if that’s the correct way to feel, the class went smoothly, smoothly than ever. Eunbi taught as expected, even the students were different from the usual them who would always cause trouble.

Surprisingly even Hyungjoon and Aeri participated in most questions, getting them right, she couldn’t even tell if it was just an act because the county directory was watching them or they had actually changed.

Finally class ended as the students walked out of the classroom, Eunbi let out a tsk.

“You two, why were you guys so nice to me today?” asked Eunbi as she crossed her arms as she stopped Aeri and Hyungjoon from leaving.

“It’s just you and Ms. Kang look very cute together.” Aeri teased, Eunbi blushed as even her own students .

“If being nosy were a subject you guys would pass,” Eunbi jokes, making the two laugh as they start to head out. Aeri takes out a cigarette from her pocket, placing it in between her lips.

“Aeri, please don’t smoke.” Eunbi notices, Aeri looks at her cigarette before looking back at Eunbi.

“Okay!” Aeri smiles before throwing it to the trash and keeps walking. Once she leaves Chaewon enters as she looks over her shoulder.

“Hm, weird to see them being different.” Chaewon chuckled as she sat on Eunbi’s desk.

“Come on, what did you come for?” Eunbi asked, Chaewon rolled her eyes playfully. Eunbi raised an eyebrow as she waited for Chaewon to respond.

“As for the teacher party, we’re going to the club tonight~” Chaewon invited, wiggling her eyebrows in excitement.

“Definitely going, I need it.” Once she accepted the invitation, Chaewon pumped her fist in celebration.

--Night--

“There! Someone behind you!” Hyewon shouts, aggressively pushing buttons on her controller. Hearing her phone starting to go off, she blindly reaches for it, answering the call.

“yeoboseyo?” Hyewon greeted, still keeping her full concentration on the game in front of her.

[Hyewon! Thank god you answered! I need to you do me a favor]

[What is it, Nabuki?]

[Eunbi..she’s really drunk and I need you to drop her off at home]

[do it yourself]

“Hyewon! We’re about to lose!”

[..if you change your mind, she’s at xxx club]

“I need to go, Kkura” Hyewon takes off her headphones, and runs outside of her room.

“We’re mid game-” Sakura was about to argue with the girl but before she could argue a door being shut closed was heard in her headphones. “She actually left..”

--

Arriving at the club where Nako had told her, her eyes travel all around the place, sprinting around to look for Eunbi, she finally found Eunbi laying her head down on the table, shaking her slowly, Eunbi did not seem to wake up only a smile was imprinted on Eunbi’s face as she was half knocked out. She broke her own promise and she knows it, hesitating to walk over because she was scared to face her after what happened yesterday.

“Are you Hyewon?” A guy asked, he seemed to work here but what he asked made Hyewon raise an eyebrow, he didn’t even know him so how did he know his name.

“She kept talking about you, I was the one who told..Yako, I think to call you” . By that, he answered her question but was suspicious of the guy in front of her. The guy chuckles at Hyewon who had her eyes squinting at him.

“Don’t worry, I paid the check already.” he explained thinking if that was what she was thinking, on the contrary she was worried on who this man was. 

“Who are you?” Hyewon asked in a stern voice.

“Jeon Wonwoo, I promise I don’t cause harm to any of you two. I just wanted to help since she seemed a little heartbroken or a little too drunk, one of those two.” Wonwoo explained, Hyewon nodded slowly.

“Be careful guys and take care of your girlfriend, she might have a hangover in the morning, have a nice night” he excused himself before leaving Hyewon confused over the second to last statement.

“G-girlfriend?” Hyewon stuttered, picking up Eunbi who had not just bear hugged her, not wanting to let go.

“What lies have you been telling strangers,” Hyewon mumbled as she dragged Eunbi along with her.

Arriving at her car, she places Eunbi in the back seat, covering her up in a blanket she brought in an emergency, placing a pillow under Eunbi’s head.

“I just wanted to imagine it..” Eunbi spoke once again, Hyewon shakes her head slowly with a smile imprinted on her face.

“You rejected me yesterday, it doesn’t count.” Hyewon chuckled as she was kneeling on the floor of the car, making Eunbi comfortable.

“It wasn’t rejection,” once said, nothing was responded, instead the conversation ended there.

Hyewon goes to the front seat, starting the car, now driving over to Eunbi’s house. Considering if Wonyoung was home to take care of Eunbi as she didn’t want to.

“No..Wonyoung isn’t home...she left with Yujin and Minju to a beach..” A voice said, Hyewon looked up at the rearview mirror to see Eunbi turning her body to face Hyewon with a drowsy look.

Hyewon takes a water bottle from the cup holder before opening it with . Aiming it to Eunbi’s face (to which Eunbi thinks she is offering her water when it's the opposite). Hyewon squeezes the bottle making Eunbi get soaked in water as it felt like a wave of water just hit her. 

“What the ?!” Eunbi exclaimed, Hyewon kept her eyes on the road as Eunbi was glaring at Hyewon had a cold expression on.

“Sober now?” Hyewon asked, before opening another water bottle, considering splashing more water on Eunbi or handing it to her to actually drink from.

“No-” As that response came out, Hyewon squeezed the bottle. Eunbi lets the wave of water hit her face before sighing. The car stops in front of Eunbi’s house.

“Now?” Hyewon asked once again in a stern voice. Eunbi gave her a nod as she ruffled her wet hair.

“Yes..Yes I am” lie. She is still slightly drunk.

“We arrived at your house, I’ll get you to bed and then I’ll leave.” Hyewon left the car and went to the back doors and opened it for Eunbi to get out, grabbing Eunbi’s hands, interwinning it with her’s. The two enter Eunbi’s house after a little discussion over the fact Eunbi didn’t want to give her the keys.

Managing to put the troublesome Eunbi to bed (Hyewon thinks that Eunbi is asleep now but no they’re barely starting. After making coffee for Eunbi to help cooldown in case, once she arrives she felt her cheeks burning, and a sweat droplet ran down her forehead as she realized that Eunbi had removed her dress by herself which means Eunbi was laying down on the bed in her undergarments.

“Self control, Kang Hyewon..” Hyewon mumbled as the lump in was hard to swallow.

“Here, drink up, it’ll help calm down..” Hyewon kneeled down on the bed placing the coffee on the nightstand. 

“You look cute when you’re shy..” Eunbi cooed as she saw the blood rushing through Hyewon’s face.

“Wanna know the truth?” Eunbi sat up and faced Hyewon, placing her arms around Hyewon's shoulder.

“I love you...and I would love to be your girlfriend..”

“You need to be sober first.” Hyewon gave her a chuckle as she was about to stand up and leave but Eunbi pulled her back down.

“I’ll show you sober then,” Eunbi gave her a smirk with a wink before dragging Hyewon to bed with her.

Oh no...