Chapter 13

Night Drive

After 2 hours, Hyewon arrived at Nako’s and Hitomi’s new home to pick them up, Hyewon explained that her best friend has a restaurant chain to bring them to and that she told her secretary to reserve a table for the four of them. Now here they are, to which Nako ordered an alcoholic drink to which the waiter was quick to assume she wasn’t old enough to drink.

 

“Bold for them to assume my age..”

 

“Is my baby angwy about something?” Hitomi cooed as she pinched Nako’s cheeks in a teasing way while Hyewon watched them, Eunbi was used to third wheeling them.

 

“Yeah, I am.”

 

“Then deal with it.”

 

“Anyways! How’s the whole substitute thing.” Nako pushed Hitomi to the side as she realized the looks of the single girls watching the two.

 

“Fun.” Hyewon answered, earning a scoff from Eunbi. Remembering how she dealt with things that she would get multiple heart attacks feeling she would get fired.

 

“Too violent.” Eunbi pointed out, making Hyewon roll her eyes. Hitomi and Nako raise both their eyebrows as they heard the word violent

 

“Did you guys do a home sweet home celebration?” asked Hyewon as she sipped her soda, Hitomi looked at her with a confused expression.

 

“What is that supposed to mean?” Hitomi asked in response to what she said, making Hyewon stifle a laugh as she saw the expression of the younger couple.

 

“You know..do the dirty..?” Hyewon teased, making Hitomi choke on the appetizer she was eating.

 

“Hyewon!” They all shout, Eunbi gives her a slap on the shoulder as Nako looks down in embarrassment.

 

“So…?” Hyewon waited for an answer to her question, Hitomi cleared her voice as she took a bite from the complimentary bread.

 

“I-It’s none of your business,” Nako answered the question making Hyewon stifle a laugh as she enjoyed the show infront of her.

 

“I’ll take that as a yes,” Hyewon teased the two, who still had flushed red faces.

 

--

 

The night rose quickly, after eating dinner which was full of embarrassing jokes (not for the reason Eunbi was concerned of her sister who she thought was innocent), the two head over to the underground arcade where they had fun as in a “double date”.

 

Finally the last spot was a park to star daze, enjoying the night, where they are now. Time passed which brings us to where the night rouse, in a parking lot getting the car ready to leave (and with Kang Hyewon having sweaty palms ready to ask a big question)

 

“I wanted to ask you something, recently i’ve been thinking about how I feel,” Hyewon approached, Eunbi looked at her with a confused expression, but the next sentence made her mind go blank.

“Would you be my girlfriend..?”

“Let me think about it...I’ll tell you my answer when I am sure,” Eunbi raised her hand onto Hyewon’s cheek then caressing it before walking away over to her younger sister, Nako.

Hitomi walks over to her as she saw the expression on Hyewon, she seemed disappointed. Hitomi gave her a pat on the shoulder as a comfort sign.

“Tomi-ya, can you drop her off for me, I have to head over to the office.” Hyewon asked her the favor, Hitomi gave her a nod as she gave Hyewon one more hug.

“Sure, I’ll see you..when I see you.” Hitomi bid her goodbye before she disappeared in thin air with Nako and Eunbi.

As they left Hyewon’s sight, Hyewon kicked the closest object in anger that was a trash can. And no she wasn’t going to her office.

“Hey, Yena, wanna go out to the bar?” Hyewon said the first thing Yena picked up the phone.

“Sure, see you there.” 

 

--

 

“So she rejected you..?”

“Yup, I don’t know what to think anymore,”  Hyewon answered as she rested her head in one of her hands.

“Don’t overthink it, she’ll make up her mind and if she doesn’t feel that way, it’s okay!” Yena exclaimed as she passed another shot of Soju to Hyewon who seemed heart broken and over-thought.

“Loves always come and go.” Yena continued her best to comfort the hamster girl, putting her arm around the girl.

“You could always hit up one of the girls in this bar-” Yena whispered lowly for no one to hear, making Hyewon turn to her with a glare.

“I’m staying loyal.” 

“That was a test..ahaha” Yena laughed nervously as she saw the fire in the girl’s eyes after that joke. 

“Don’t get too drunk because of this,” Yena spoke sternly, worried that Hyewon already had 5 beer bottles.

“I’m not going to, but I think I should back away from her until she tells me her answer.” Hyewon assured, saying the last statement, Yena gave her a nod.

“Just don’t end up losing her.”

--

“Do you think Eunbi unnie said yes to Kwangbae?” Nako asked as she snuggled closer to Hitomi as they laid down in a beanbag watching some Anime reruns.

“Her expression said either way,” Hitomi answered, Nako sighed as she heard the statement. Knowing it was true she questioned.

“They like each other then why did Eunbi unnie reject her?”

“You know she is confused, let’s just hope for the best for the two.” Hitomi ends it off, leaving the two in pure silence.

“Can we get a bird? Nako asked all the sudden, Hitomi breaks the hug to look over at her girlfriend who was looking at her with puppy eyes.

“Fine. we can get one.” Hitomi was defeated after that staring contest to which she lost because it was true she couldn’t resist it. (more like she was whipped for her girlfriend)

“You can’t resist me~” Nako teased as she sat up to give a peck on the lips of the pouting Hitomi. Feeling that the kiss wasn’t only a peck and Hitomi was chasing after her, Nako broke the kiss.

“Don’t take Kwangbae's words seriously.” Nako giggled leaving Hitomi there flushed again as she thought about earlier.