Chapter 8

Dreams and Passions
Please log in to read the full chapter

An exhibit hall arranged by the senior students of art majors in the university was popular with inside and outside of the school. Some people especially went to see the art pieces of nabi'sart.309 who is followed by many people in instagram. The hall had a few people inside and Jessica was one of them.

Dutily wearing a mask and a cap, honestly everyone already knows that SNSD will visit the school for Sooyoung and Yuri’s play but Jessica still wanted a little bit of privacy even for a few minutes, even if it will do so little.

The idol was scanning through various artworks, appreciating them, and sometimes stopping and taking a long look. There are a lot of talented people here, she thought. 

Then she came across a large canvas showing a portrait of a girl. She stopped abruptly with wide eyes, Jessica stared at the painting carefully. Wasn't this the sketch of… She halted the thought as she scanned for a signature. And there it is, at the bottom right corner, a butterfly sign with the artist's name. 

Jessica almost forgot how to breathe. It was like there's something that was caught up in . She blinked twice, thrice, the girl felt her eyes sting a little. 

Slowly and steadily trying to take a breath, the idol was rooted on her spot. She absorbed the portrait, the way it was painted, how it was black and white, how the were seen to be put in so much effort with. And as if a wind passed by, she shivered. Jessica saw her young self so much in the canvas because that was her when she was still dreaming.

Why did she decide to put this here?

She bit her lip at the thought. The girl wished she could see her right now. She wished they could go back and relive the past. Alternate it and redo everything they've done and maybe then there will be a different outcome. She wouldn't be there at the exhibit hall standing alone and looking at her portrait made by someone she loves. 

Sensing that there's someone staring at her from behind, she turned around and saw Taeyeon. Once again, she was stunned. Now, it's not because of the art but because of the artist. 

The same as her, Taeyeon looked like she was shocked and bewildered to see her there. The artist was holding a piece of cloth and sheets of paper. Then her eyes darted from Jessica to the canvas behind her. 

As usual Taeyeon was hard to read. She masked her face with that indifferent expression of hers. Jessica often for it in the past and sometimes she got irritated by it especially the times when they fought.

"Taeyeon…" Jessica said almost inaudibly. Her heart was thumping widely inside her chest.

 

At the other side of the campus where the garden is located, seven girls were huddled there.

“It’s a miracle that all of you are free today.” Sunny said.

“The managers thought it would be good publicity if we came to support.” Yoona said.

“It’s a win-win situation.” Hyoyeon added.

“Okay, now let’s start the operation to unsink the titanic ship!” Sooyoung exclaimed.

“What kind of name is that?” Yuri jabbed Sooyoung.

“What was the plan anyway? Sooyoung didn’t explain clearly.” Tiffany asked Sunny.

“Wait, unnies. Where is Sica unnie?” Seohyun said but no one paid any mind.

First plan was to make Taeyeon and Jessica sit besides each other for the play. Second was to make sure they leave the two alone in a room. There’s a vacant room, courtesy of Sunny, that they planned to bring the two. They also planned for all of them to eat out and make the two converse. Whatever happens while they do their schemes, the members all agree to blame it on Sunny and Sooyoung.

Now, while they wait for the play to start they went for a stroll around the bazaar on campus. Sunny, Sooyoung, and Yuri already went to the theatre club for preparation. 

There were some students and faculty staff that approached the four members and took pictures with them. Time passed by and more and more people started to crowd around them.

“This is bad, unnies.” Seohyun said while looking around, worried.

“I thought oppa would be back right now?” Hyoyeon said as she hooked arms with the maknae.

“I think we should just wait in the auditorium for now? There’s so many people around.” TIffany said.

“Yeah, let’s go unnie.” Yoona led them through the crowd.

They were in the auditorium. Some staff and guards help them to get there and control the crowd. TIffany called their manager to ask where Jessica was. The girl turned towards the girls after the call. 

“Jess’s already here?” 

“What?” the other three said simult

Please log in to read the full chapter