Chapter 7

Dreams and Passions
Please log in to read the full chapter

Today was a long day, Taeyeon realized. She ditched Changmin and went with Jieun, her ex something. She reasoned to the guy that they had plans that she forgot and apologized. The girl didn’t even let the guy give a verbal response and just went right out with Jieun in tow.

“Were you on a date?” Jieun suddenly asked.

They were currently on the side of a street right in front of a park. Taeyeon decided to walk over there to sit and talk.

“No, gosh no.” She grumbled as she walked towards a bench.

“Good.”

Taeyeon looked at Jieun’s smug face and shook her head in astonishment.

“You’re just like him. So persistent.”

“But I’m not him!” Jieun grinned widely and sat beside Taeyeon with her guitar on her lap.

Taeyeon just looked at her, amused. “So why are you here?”

“I just auditioned for a company nearby.”

The artist raised her eyebrows, “Oh really?”

“Yep! Can I get your number? I asked Sunny unnie for it a few weeks ago but it doesn’t feel right to contact you without your permission so I deleted it.”

She kept her raised eyebrows and eyed Jieun with amusement. The girl was straightforward and knows what she wants. Taeyeon can’t help but feel somewhat shocked and amused at the same time. The fact that the girl also considered if Taeyeon would want to be contacted or not, she’s glad that she chose to ditch the other guy earlier. This girl has more substance and consideration to what she feels.

“Why don’t you call me unnie? I’m older than you.” She flicked Jieun’s forehead.

They are exactly four years apart from each other. Jieun didn't call her unnie when they were still flirting.

“Why would I? You told me not to call you unnie.” The younger girl smirked while rubbing her forehead.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes, “That was then. Now, we’re not dating so call me unnie.”

“Nope. We’ll be together again anyway so I won’t call you unnie.”

“What?” She can’t believe this girl. I swear she’s one of a kind, she thought.

Jieun chuckled, “I still like you! And I won’t give up. So can I have your number?”

Taeyeon stood up, “Sorry but it’s better not to give you my number.”

“What why?” Jieun’s smile fell as she looked up to Taeyeon.

“Because you still like me.”

“What’s wrong with liking you?”

“I can’t reciprocate Ji Eun ah.”

“But you once did?”

“And I can’t do it again.”

How could she tell the girl that she didn’t really reciprocate? She didn’t really like her in that way. She ended it because she feels guilty.

“You said you wanted to focus on uni first. That’s why I let you go.” Jieun furrowed her eyebrows as she stood up as well to look at Taeyeon with the same eye level.

“I did.” Taeyeon bit her lip and looked away.

Jieun frowned at Taeyeon but kept her stance. “I still won’t give up. I’ll court you if I have to!”

“What? No, you don’t have to. Jieun just don’t,” Taeyeon shook her head.

“I’m going. It’s nice to see you again.” Taeyeon continued and smiled a little as she started to walk away.

“I promise I won’t give up! I won’t call you unnie!” Jieun called out.

She was tired. Someone should have warned her that she would meet with two very persistent and annoying people. It just drained her energy right away. She sighed.

Taeyeon went back to the university and decided to go to their art studio to paint.

The artist played music from her phone and focused on the canvas. She sat there quietly with a song playing in the background and a canvas being filled with colors.

It was already an hour when Sunny suddenly appeared.

“I knew you were here!”

Taeyeon almost ruined a line, “Yah! You surprised me, aish.”

Sunny chuckled and went inside the room.

“Why are you here?”

“I was passing by the room and I heard your playlist.” Her best friend shrugged.

“What are you still doing here? Weren’t you with Changmin?”

“Long story short, Jieun appeared, I ditched Changmin, went with Jieun to talk, and now I’m here.”

“You met with Jieun? Oh wow, did you give her your number?” Sunny’s eyebrows went up and down, with a teasing look she hung her arm around Taeyeon’s shoulder.

“No. Why would I?”

The blonde girl didn't want to probe any further as Taeyeon obviously wouldn't budge with her lovelife. “Whatever Taeyeon.”

“Did you meet with the girls again? Is that why you can’t go earlier?”

Taeyeon finished her painting and started to clean up her materials. She stopped the music as well.

“Oh, are you sulking?”

The artist halted and turned towards Sunny. She raised her left eyebrow, “Sulking?”

Sunny giggled, “I didn’t meet with them. Soo and Yuri weren’t even here today, they said they had a schedule. And I have something to do earlier!”

“Speaking of, You should start practicing your piece.” The blonde girl added.

“What? What piece?”

“Duh, for the competition. It’s just a few weeks away.”

“I’m still thinking about it.”

“For two weeks already? The event is just right around the corner.”

Taeyeon sighed while she put her last brush in the bag, “I don’t think I want to join Soonkyu.”

“Taeyeonie, this would be a good opportunity to sing again. Don’t you miss singing?”

She does miss singing and she also doesn't. It's complicated like that and even she, herself, doesn't completely know how to feel.

“I do but I don’t think there’s a reason to join a competition just to sing again.”

Her best friend sighed. “I can’t force you, can I?”

She shook her head, no.

“Oh well whatever. Let’s just eat out for dinner.” Sunny put her arms around Taeyeon’s as they walked out of the room.

Taeyeon didn't really give up right away. After leaving the company, she went and searched for another. She auditioned to many agencies and not one accepted her.

"I'm sorry, you're a really great singer and you're good at dancing too but…."

But? But what? She can’t believe what she's hearing. What's lacking with her?

"You're Kim Taeyeon right? We can't accept you, I'm sorry. Next please!" 

She

Please log in to read the full chapter