Chapter 11

Dreams and Passions
Please log in to read the full chapter

They were all chatting away and trying to forget the awkward atmosphere from earlier that was still somehow lingering till now. The members of SNSD and Sunny were in a VIP room of a restaurant—courtesy of their manager’s reservation. Seohyun already went to her schedule after eating a bit.

Sunny did tour them around the campus and even told them where Taeyeon’s building was and where she usually paints. Sooyoung and Yuri showed them where they went for rehearsals and shared stories about how it went.

“It was so funny! His face was so red in irritation. Then Sunny provoked him more but he can’t do anything because she’s one of the lead casts.” Sooyoung was laughing out loud at this point as she talked about their senior director of the play.

“Poor guy. It must already be tough handling the whole play.” Tiffany shook her head amusingly.

“These two were enjoying making fun of him so much I swear.” Yuri chuckled.

“As if you didn’t” Sooyoung stuck her tongue out. Yuri did the same.

“Aigoo children.” Hyoyeon said.

“Sunny unnie, are you allowed to drink so much?” Yoona said amusingly when she saw Sunny chugging down soju.

“Probably not since I need to go to uni tomorrow,” she gave a quick laugh. Sunny gulped down the remaining liquid in her glass and let out a satisfied sigh.

“Didn’t know Soonkyu was such a heavy drinker?” Hyoyeon smirked.

The blonde girl shrugged. “I enjoy the drink.”

There was one girl that was just silently downing her drinks as heavy as Sunny was. The moment she turned legal and experienced the taste of alcohol, she learned that she has quite a strong tolerance against it. And just like Sunny she enjoyed it. Jessica thought that especially the kind of drink that makes a hot line down was the most satisfying. She loved the heat and the dazedness she felt afterwards.

Don’t get her wrong, she wasn’t an alcoholic. Jessica didn’t even have the time to drink with her schedules. But when she does have the time for one she’ll definitely make the most of it.

Maybe it’s the alcohol kicking and the conviction the girl was feeling but she called a flower shop and scheduled a delivery for tomorrow.

“Sunny,” she called while staring at her phone.

The girls turned their attention to the leader, surprised because that’s the first time she talked since they went there.

“Yes, Sica?”

“What’s your address?” The brunette asked.

“Huh? Why?”

Jessica shrugged. “A congratulatory gift.”

The blonde girl eyed Jessica carefully, trying to figure out why the idol suddenly wanted to give a congratulatory gift to her. 

“Oh, okay thank you but you don’t have to.”

“Yah Sica, why does Sunny have a congratulatory gift and we don’t?” Yuri said.

“That’s favoritism!” Sooyoung exclaimed.

“Who said I’m only giving one to Sunny? So, what’s your address?” Jessica now looked at Sunny, waiting. The latter said her address and Jessica nodded then fumbled through her phone.

”Sica unnie!” Yoona exclaimed, surprised at the two wine bottles she was seeing. “You finished these yourself?”

“Yah Sica ah we still have a busy day tomorrow.” Sooyoung said worriedly.

“Not a big deal. I’ll just go to the restroom. We should start preparing to leave when I come back, it’s already late.” The brunette stood up and went out to the restroom.

Tiffany sighed. “You guys heard the leader.”

“Why is she like that?” Hyoyeon frowned, “Acting tough but clearly can’t hold it. Instead, she just drinks it away.”

“It’s a good thing she isn’t a lightweight.” Yuri said.

“I guess me and Seohyun should prepare hangover soup tomorrow.” Yoona, the one who didn’t drink that much between all of them, said.

“Thank you maknae line.” Sooyoung said, she looked certainly tipsy with her flushed face.

“Soo stop drinking already idiot.” Tiffany tried to take away the glass from the tall girl.

“I’m worried.” Sooyoung sighed and leaned towards Sunny.

“About what?” Yuri asked.

“Jessica and Taeyeon.”

“We are too.” Tiffany said, “I think they just need a little push.”

“A little push? More like a shove.” Hyoyeon snickered.

“Yoona call your manager so when Jessica gets back he’s already on his way.” Sunny said.

Yoona said a cute yes to Sunny’s dismay. “Gross you still do that?”

“Unnie?! What’s gross about it?”

The other girls laughed, “Remember Soonkyu doesn’t like your aegyo.” Hyoyeon said.

Yoona huffed and pouted as she called their manager.

Sunny went home to her dorm seeing no Taeyeon. Where is that girl? She thought to herself as she walked around the room fixing her things.

Minutes passed, Sunny went down to the common area and sat on the sofa. She tried calling Taeyeon but the girl wasn't answering.

"What the heck?" She mumbled as she leaned her head back feeling quite heavy headed. It felt like an hour for Sunny, waiting there but it was only five minutes when Taeyeon came into the dorm.

"Sunny? Why are you there?" Taeyeon asked as she walked towards the blonde girl.

"Yah Kim Taeyeon. Where did you go?" Sunny turned to her with raised eyebrows.

"Ajumoni." The girl said shortly and started walking to the stairs. "Let's go Soonkyu I'm tired." Taeyeon yawned.

The blonde girl followed her best friend with a sigh.

Inside their room, Sunny didn’t wait anymore and asked. "Why did you go?"

"What?" Taeyeon asked as she sat on her bed.

"You could have just gone with us? That's the first time we all met again."

"I know. And I told them that we'll meet again next time, right?"

"That's not the point. The point is, clearly you don't want to be in the same place as-"

"Of course, I don't? What do you expect, Soonkyu? Do you think I would be fine being there with her? Seeing her again? All these years and I suddenly saw her again! Without warning!" Taeyeon's voice was gradually getting loud as she spoke more. She let it all out at the last sentence

Silence engulfed them for a while as Sunny stared at Taeyeon. She didn't expect the outburst at all.

"Do you know how confusing it is? How suffocating it was."

"You're still mad at her." Sunny stated like it was a fact, like it was so obvious.

Taeyeon scoffed. "I'm not mad at her. I just don't want to see her again."

"Why are you so mad? Why can't you just let it go?"

Sunny could see Taeyeon's frustration on her face. She kind of felt bad now because she planned this after all. But Taeyeon needed this, they needed closure.

"I have let it go. I'm not mad."

"It feels like you're convincing yourself."

Taeyeon didn't say anything, instead she shook her head and stayed quiet. She just let Sunny talk.

"Taeyeon. That time she outed you to our manager, you know she probably didn't mean it."

The girl gripped her bed sheets tight.

"You know it. You know who the real villain is. Why are you still mad at her but not at them?"

Sunny stared at her best friend as the latter sighed and closed her eyes shut for a while.

"She doesn't care." Taeyeon said simply. The blonde girl frowned.

"Are you kidding? She still obviously does?"

Taeyeon shook her head and laid down. "Sleep Sunny. Get ready for a hangover tomorrow."

"Taeyeon. Yah." Sunny sighed loudly. She couldn't do anything as her best friend closed her eyes and didn't respond. Might as well let it go for now and sleep because her head is killing her.

<
Please log in to read the full chapter